Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Upgrading My Davis Vantage Vue To A Davis Vantage Pro 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Hi guys,

I'm contemplating upgrading my Davis Vantage Vue to a Davis Vantage Pro 2. I've had my Vue now since July 2011 (started properly recording on 25 September 2011). The reason I may want to upgrade is because my Vue is currently sighted at 6 m and I want to improve the accuracy of my data by having the temperature and humidity readings at 2 m and the wind readings closer to 10 m which are standard. But, I've got this problem of my old data because as soon as I replaced my Vue that data becomes innacurate as it's been measured at different heights and I also have this problem with migrating data.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what I should do?

Thanks!

Posted

The best solution to this is to buy an anemometer and transmitter and you can then site your Vue lower down but have the anemometer on a mast so winds are more representative. The Vantage vue doesn't allow extra sensors, but will receive from an anemometer and wireless transmitter. When this option is used the base station ignores the wind readings from the vue ISS itself.

The Davis part numbers are 6332 for the transmitter and 6410 for the anemometer. These can be found from skyview/weathershop or can be purchased for a little cheaper on ebay.

Posted
44 minutes ago, reef said:

The best solution to this is to buy an anemometer and transmitter and you can then site your Vue lower down but have the anemometer on a mast so winds are more representative. The Vantage vue doesn't allow extra sensors, but will receive from an anemometer and wireless transmitter. When this option is used the base station ignores the wind readings from the vue ISS itself.

The Davis part numbers are 6332 for the transmitter and 6410 for the anemometer. These can be found from skyview/weathershop or can be purchased for a little cheaper on ebay.

I ran like this for a while but using a partly broken VP2 bought on ebay for £100 - with only the anemometer plugged in.
You can buy a  new VP2  on Amazon for well under £500 from Germany - when you have the logger already it's a no brainer.
The Vue console could receive from the VP2 in a second room, and the Vue ISS will undoubtedly be handy when something fails on the VP2 and you are waiting for a part.