Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Imogen

Summer Sun

Posted

Radar indicating squally thunderstorm potential with hail and possible wind gusts to 120 km/hr next hour to 90 min in the greater London region.

As to later peak gust potential, Kinsale energy platform reported gusts to 77 knots recently. While that's a higher more exposed anemometer, would support high end of predictions for south Wales and Bristol region later.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Crazy squall passed through here 20 minutes ago, impressive rainfall rate and wind gusts.

Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT

Off topic I know but these forums are really a godsend for keeping up with terrible weather.  Very gusty and whistly here.  

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, *Sub*Zero* said:

Going back a few months the last named storm to affect the southern half of the UK was Barney back in November, not looking as strong as he was and the Met warning stayed yellow for this event! 

barn.thumb.png.f04a2db6fcb2f234ca5c6611bbarn1.thumb.png.7ded68ddf5f29ce96ee82c63

Hmm, Barney missed me down here other than a normal windy day, and tomorrow is forecast to have gusts of '60-70mph widely and up to 80mph on the coasts' by the Met Office/BBC, considerably higher locally at least. Seems the Met Office forecasts are a tad higher than GFS and GFS-based models so we shall see.. Anyway been a while since we've had winds that strong from the west here, at least several years. The Met seem concerned enough for Amber at any rate.

Edited by Evening thunder
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Pretty intense squall just passing through here in south London, not going to get much sleep with the wind howling and rain rattling on the window ...

image.thumb.png.a6815f0352033f4e9a4a0ab4

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
58 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Hey  I believe you have the new Netatmo  anemometer? It would be interesting to see how it copes with Imogen,  i'm thinking of getting one for my station. Sorry a bit off topic.  :-)

I did have it. It's been sent back to Germany lol
It was working well, wind speeds were matching my main station, and the directions were extremely accurate- more accurate than a vane, due to using ultrasonic tech. However, the lithium batteries died within 6 weeks when they're supposed to last 18 months. I was one of the first to get one in this country, as I pre-ordered it from Germany, so maybe its what you call a 'beta' 

I sent it back a week ago, hoping to get a new one sent back very soon.

This is why you should invest in the NW radar, you get access to the 500 metre one, perfect for these setups!

56b7cde3919a1_2016-02-07(3).thumb.png.db

I wonder how many "Is that a hook echo appearing?" posts will appear tonight? hehe ;)

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
21 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Going by your avitar , do you have bears and wolves???

Loads.   Also werewolves, vampires, wild boar and large mysterious black cats!!!

• Like 1

Posted

Huge rumble of thunder then here near Croydon, was still rumbling after 20 seconds, lively stuff and the worse yet to come ...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Well I'm not going to sleep tonight with that rain hammering my window.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Top end of Cuxton here and it's been blowing a gale as that squall passed through! 

Don't think I'll be going anywhere on my motorbike tomorrow... 

• Like 2

Posted

Massive rumble of thunder, really intense squally showers too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Chappy on twitter:

Cat 1 Hurricane wind speeds being recorded at Fastnet Rock off the Cork coast tonight. Sustained winds of 122km, gust 150km/h #StormImogen

Can anyone verify?

Posted
6 minutes ago, katemart said:

Chappy on twitter:

Cat 1 Hurricane wind speeds being recorded at Fastnet Rock off the Cork coast tonight. Sustained winds of 122km, gust 150km/h #StormImogen

Can anyone verify?

Yeah, I saw that on twitter a few hours ago. Has gone from calm and windy them calm again here in Cork. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, high winds, thunder, snow

Can't say I heard any thunder last night but we did have a crazy squall go through about 11pm, rain lashing against my bedroom window woke me up and wind was easily 50mph for a short spell possibly more. It went very quiet out during the small hours but now it's starting to blow up again, not expecting the peak here until lunchtime could well see 60+ I reckon.

Posted

Breezy in Cornwall. Showers on the radar are crossing 50 miles from the Bristol Channel to the English in 45 minutes.