Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 18th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 hours ago, lassie23 said:

I like this weather:shok::oops::fool:

Hehe :D Good for my allotment and garden, mustn't grumble I suppose. Though some thunder and lightning too would be nice!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

A wet and breezy morning here (Usual UK weather). Rain already turned to light drizzle. 

No thunder or lightning and certainly no need for a boat...LOL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
12 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

A wet and breezy morning here (Usual UK weather). Rain already turned to light drizzle. 

No thunder or lightning and certainly no need for a boat...LOL

Hertfordshire missed most of the heavy rain, other parts had rather a lot! 2 hours of pouring rain here now but yes, no boats needed, just an umbrella. The temperature is the main feature for me; 11C currently, shockingly poor!

Posted

Still chilly, didn't get too wet this morning as it threw it down just after I got on the bus, then just got into work as it started again but some colleagues weren't so lucky and got a bit wet.Heard that the trains were blocked by flooding at Somerleyton and there was flooding in the street at Beccles.

Did not like that storm at all, but now it is getting darker again and drizzly and may be in for a repeat later or at least more heavy rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Was hoping for something, but no, a little bit of rain. Seems it saw Bedford and died a death. Was so hoping for heavy rain and flashes every few seconds. It's not much to ask!!!

:closedeyes:

Posted

Trees down causing problems both on the Chiltern Line and in local roads, hubby had to de-tour driving to work due to a tree being down near Great Missenden.

As for me, trying to get piles of washing done on a dehumidifier on laundry setting is no fun. And at just 11.c outside the heating has come on. It's like November.

Hard to believe it's meteorological summer tomorrow :(

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Measured 31.4mm at my location last night, but 5 miles to the west of me where I have some land, my rain gauge measured 51mm! Wettest 24 hour period here in a very long time! Lots of standing water this morning but the ground is still quite firm as it has been so dry here this spring.

Posted

Truly horrible day. On the bright side, my garden is loving it. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, LimoPreacherman said:

winds easing slightly but no big deal, can see storms over Germany right now, looks to be a repeat of last night if the conditions are good. Only time will tell.

Very doubtful anything thundery will affect us, any storms in Germany are a long way away. Happy to be wrong tho!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
2 hours ago, LimoPreacherman said:

winds easing slightly but no big deal, can see storms over Germany right now, looks to be a repeat of last night if the conditions are good. Only time will tell.

Met Office don't think so:

This Evening and Tonight:

Further outbreaks of drizzle are expected overnight. It will also remain rather cloudy and murky, especially across coastal areas, with some patchy coastal and hill fog likely. Winds will ease, though staying brisk along the coasts. Minimum Temperature 10 °C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

It's been raining here since about 9pm yesterday, mostly light apart from early this morning. Not sure about after I went to bed last night.

Posted

Looks like another complete grot-fest today with more gloomy skies and chilly temps. Not much rain about and some clearer, warmer air to the E trying to push in, but looking at the satellite pics am doubtful it'll get very far. 

• Like 1

Posted

Still in  Norwich  still damp off to cromer  looking damp to  say  the least

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Should be self explanatory.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Good morning,

Another grotty day here in Chelmsford. Just had another downpour, after a windy morning with occasional spells of drizzle. It is now attempting to brighten up a bot, but I wont hold my breath.

Hopefully the weather improves as I am driving up to Huntingdon this afternoon to pick up our 5 year old grandson for him to stay with us for a couple of days over the half term break, He is very lively and staying indoors is a bit of a nightmare trying to keeping him amused.

Oh damn it has started to rain heavier again. Not looking forward to driving along the A14 which is never a pleasure at the best of times.

Where is the Prozac. Nurse, Nurse!

Kind Regards

Dave

Edited by claret047

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Awww this is just great weather! NOT! I just hope the weekend thundery showers updated prediction does not come off! Last saturday down at the marina in Brighton I went fishing thinking great sunshine in the forecast, just a small chance of a shower and how wrong could it have been I was probably wetter than the fish I was after! Biggest "Isolated Storm" I have ever seen and driving down to the marina The river of water came halfway up my car doors! Seeing as I want to attempt fishing again this weekend I have my double jointed fingers and toes fully crossed!!

Posted

Freezing, blowing a hoolie again and grey grey grey. Vile!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Shouldn't we have a new thread to welcome in winter.......I mean summer:unknw: Cloudy, windy  with the odd flake in the wind here.:cold:

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Shouldn't we have a new thread to welcome in winter.......I mean summer:unknw: Cloudy, windy  with the odd flake in the wind here.:cold:

Definitely think we are overdue for a new thread, especially now we are into Summer.. supposedly 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It's done: 

Closing this one now.

• Like 1