Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Forum change - login problems?

Paul

Posted

We'll be making a change to the domain the forum changes tomorrow, which means everyone will be logged out once the change is made.

Most browsers these days should be able to continue to remember your login details after the change, but in case they don't and you can't remember you password etc, it's important to ensure your email address is up to date on your account so you can retrieve your password should you need to. 

You can check your email address, and change it should you need to here:

https://forum.netweather.tv/settings/email/

Beyond this, If you have any login problems after the change tomorrow, please contact us through the site:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=contact;sess=

Thanks

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

can you still Log in through facebook?, dosen't let me log in any other way, don't know password

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted

The forum changes have been made now - as you can see the address has been changed from forum.netweather.tv to www.netweather.tv/forum. This has resulted in everyone being logged out and their cookies cleared, so all will need to login manually again, most browsers are clever enough to find passwords so hopefully most will be able to login using their browser remembered password still. 

If not, please use the forgotten password system and you'll get an email straight away (check your spam folder if you don't get it within 5-10 mins). Any problems please contact us through the site - please include your forum username and email address in the initial email as we'll be able to help you quicker then. 

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=contact;sess=

Those logging in through Facebook / Twitter etc should be able to do so as normal, but again please shout if you have any problems. 

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Ahh that explains why the annoying notification is back.

Also getting error 503 when posting.

Posted

When I was posting.

The notifications depends on the url. Change that and then the annoying notifications pop up every time you change thread or post. Alternatively I can disable it by altering the browser config file but then it applies to every site.

Posted

I understand the notifications would change (although it would be simpler for you if you used a mainstream browser with the settings in a more obvious place!), it's just the servers haven't changed so there's no link to the error you saw.

I know it occurred when you posted as you said that :D But you did post a few times this morning and to check the logs it would be useful to know what time or at least which post?

Posted
3 minutes ago, Paul said:

I understand the notifications would change (although it would be simpler for you if you used a mainstream browser with the settings in a more obvious place!), it's just the servers haven't changed so there's no link to the error you saw.

I know it occurred when you posted as you said that :D But you did post a few times this morning and to check the logs it would be useful to know what time or at least which post?

64 bit firefox derivative I'm using. 

Anyway the 503 has gone away

Posted

Assuming the developer derived the notification settings it should work as per the info here:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/push-notifications-firefox?as=u&utm_source=inproduct#w_upgraded-notifications

Or maybe if it's derived from an older version this may help:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/997362 (the top chosen answer appears to show a way to do it on a per site basis)