Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat - Spring Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Welcome MS1991, great name, remember it well,  mad snow storm 10" in just a few short hours, one of the best....clearly we see where your heart is....Yes! another coldie onboard :D

PS,,,,put your location in :hi:

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
5 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Welcome MS1991, great name, remember it well,  mad snow storm 10" in just a few short hours, one of the best....clearly we see where your heart is....Yes! another coldie onboard :D

PS,,,,put your location in :hi:

yes 90's ruled, and of course earlier, maybe change my name to 'I remember winters'

Posted

Good morning, everyone! Just thought I'd pop by and say hello, for what seems like the first time in ages :)

Great to see most of the old gang still posting here, plus plenty of new faces which is very cool.

On the subject of cool.........this morning I noted my first frost of the season, although the temperature didn't quite manage to dip below freezing :cold:

Bish

PS has Fizz emerged from her winter hibernation yet?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
Just now, WillinGlossop said:

Overnight low -4c currently -3c everything white and glistening..... brrrr....

Wow William..

You must be in a frost hollow.

I reached +0.3C min, but with a widespread grass and roof frost.

Hoping we will get below tonight.

DWW - What was your low point (for comparison).?..

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Posted
Just now, Bishop Brennan said:

Good morning, everyone! Just thought I'd pop by and say hello, for what seems like the first time in ages :)

Great to see most of the old gang still posting here, plus plenty of new faces which is very cool.

On the subject of cool.........this morning I noted my first frost of the season, although the temperature didn't quite manage to dip below freezing :cold:

Bish

Nice to see you appear again Bish.. Was thinking about you when I asked DWW's min temp.

It appears you agreed with me..

Fizz only appears when the snow gets into the reliable (ie 2 weeks!) timeframe...:D

Unless you bang on her cage!!!  Have I?

MIA

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

+0.9c for me last night, not expecting it to be any lower tonight, the weekend looks decidedly colder, 5c - 6c day time highs and that's without any wind-chill, we'll need them bonfire's methinks  :cold-emoji: 

Hi Bish, still kicking then, also my first frost this morning......love it:wink:

• Like 1

a beautiful frosty morning here and a distinct chill in the air made for a very pleasant walk to the tattoo shop for my latest bit of work... had a long chat with the artist as he worked and we spoke of winters past and what we might see this winter... we spoke in depth about 2010 and both agreed it would be fantastic to see such a winter again but with more snow and cold later in the winter too...

Posted

Minimum stayed just above freezing overnight at 0.1C.

Stopped going below by bands of cirro-stratus passing across.

Currently at 1.5C still with a grass frost showing.

Interesting battle taking place in the models for mid next week.

Like the ECM, but cannot believe we will have a snowy spell at this stage of November.

So, unfortunately I think the GFS may be correct.

Come on the Euros!

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Posted

Max of 6c currently 5c with rain showers....feels cold.... beef randang on, fire set, house cleaned, lists made, paint bought for bathroom.... busy busy..... 

heres hoping for snow in the next four/five months....hopefully a proper spell of cold and snowfall with drifting.... at an altitude over 300m i should get some like every year but hoping for a proper countrywide dumping/cold spell...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A chilly feeling day today. The maximum up to 1800 was 5.8c making it the coldest day since March 19th.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
On 02/11/2016 at 11:44, Bishop Brennan said:

Bish

On 02/11/2016 at 11:58, Midlands Ice Age said:

Nice to see you appear again Bish.. Was thinking about you when I asked DWW's min temp.

It appears you agreed with me..

Fizz only appears when the snow gets into the reliable (ie 2 weeks!) timeframe...:D

Unless you bang on her cage!!!  Have I?

MIA

Did someone mention my name?

*Blinks uncertainly in the light*

Hi chaps - nice to be back (even if it's on a thread called Spring onwards...!!)

MIA - the smell of the snow heading for Scotland woke me up :)

• Like 1

a bit of a let down over in the MOD today... but only a slight blip i feel until we end November in the freezer..... just checked the BBC forecast and next Wednesday and it has just given me the first Snow symbols of the season.... i know come tomorrow morning it will be gone but still nice to see and a welcome sign as we head into winter...:drunk-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Evening, everyone. Actually felt quite mild today in the sunshine -- I'd put on my winter coat and was rather too warm after a bit of briskish walking! Doubt it'll feel quite so mild this weekend, though... I'm planning on spending tomorrow at the Severn Valley Railway, so a classic chilly but dry Bonfire Night setup with a bit of sunshine would do me perfectly. Lots of steam for photos in the cold air, and the stations have waiting rooms with coal fires blazing so I won't freeze in the wind! If I can dodge any showers that come along, it's looking close to perfect. :)

Edited by Arctic Hare

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

as we approach the winter season, it's an appropriate time to start on new thread...locking this one shortly