Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Glastonbury 2016, 22-26 June

J10

So what are your thoughts about the Glastonbury festival 2016, will it be a washout or a heatwave, or as is often the case a mixture of the two, often on the same day.

This year the blogs will start this weekend.

• Like 1

I've been keeping an eye out for these threads! I'm hoping it'll be a dry year, but totally worried we're going to get a wash out...it's been a while since that happened! 

I'm sure it'll be a typical year, with sunny spells but scattered rain showers. Fingers crossed for the heatwave!

Posted

Alright! <follows> I was just thinking it was time to check-in over here. Thanks for running a Glastonbury blog once again J10 – much appreciated :) Only a month to go...

Posted
  • Location: Formerly Walworth, SE17 ; Swansea SA1 since Dec 2008

Hello J10, so glad to see you resuming this brilliant service, which is ALWAYS much appreciated. Especially by the Glastonbury crew amongst us.

We'll be on site from Sunday 19th June!! And not leaving until Tuesday 28th ...

Current discussion on the Model Output Discussion thread looks like conditions may develop positively(-ish!) for EARLY June, but as we all know for Glastonbury, the second half of June is that much more important.

(A largely dry build period ahead of the official fest, if it turns out like that, will be a good thing anyway though, over the time that heavy traffic is moving around -- less groundchurn)

Fingers crossed -- as every year!

Edited by William of Walworth

Posted

Going by the medium to long term on the models and also the mo further outlook.It could be worse if its a decent June you're after.Obviously confidence downgrades the further out you go but I'd be fairly happy atm.

Edited by joggs

9 hours ago, bamberd said:

Cheers mate. Up in the air as usual! When will you start to do your mud bath/dust bowl rating?

Unfortunately things are a bit different this year, I will publish a blog on Wednesday and that will be my last Glastonbury blog for this year.

I am unable to give the time to the blog after Wednesday, however the good news is there will be an official Net Weather forecast on a regular basis thereafter.

I do feel bad if I am letting anyone down, but next year fingers crossed, I should be able to do the blog as normal.

However I will still be popping in here from time to time, to follow the latest patterns.

• Like 1

Posted

Sorry to hear that but totally understand. You've put a lot of time into doing these Glasto blogs over the years which we're all really grateful for, especially as you still haven't been to the festival yourself! I'll look forward to the official Net Weather forecast and any input you drop into the discussion. Good luck with the crazy workload!

Posted

More recent updates on the Model Output Discussions thread show a certain amount , on some models, of better prospects for w/e of Saturday 18th June onwards.

Right now that's shown anyway, but as always, prospects for actual Glasto week will cause us a hugely tense roller-coaster ride over  the next very unsettled/very showery week coming up (Mon 13th to Fri 19th).

When the Official Netweather Glastonbury Festival Forecast starts happening on this website, can someone please put a link to that onto this thread?

Thanks folks.

Edited by William of Walworth
  • Like 1

Posted

Anything happening Glasto-wise? Apologies if I've been rubbish at finding the relevant part of this site.

I thought I posted this on Saturday, but it did not get online.

I have been keeping an eye on the charts over the past few days and things looking a little better.

For me the question is will the current unsettled weather continue through the festival period, the ensembles over the past few days have suggested pressure rising and rainfall amounts lessening from the days before the festival.

However the NOAA charts have not generally been as promising, with a trough around the UK.

On this basis, then decent weather is lookin more likely.

The latest trend continues to be higher pressure building this weekend turning things much drier. Into next week the pressure dropping a little but not to the extent of this week. So my current guess would be fairly decent weather for the festival period, some rain at times but nothing hugely damaging at least not for too long. However temps do look a bit on the cool side.