Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Glastonbury 2016, 22-26 June

J10

Posted

Oh man, I hope so. The automatic chart thing here makes it look pretty rainy every night and a few of the afternoons. Thanks for the reassurance.

Edited by deadstillstanding

Posted

Yes,got to be said,it could be alot worse.reasonable temps and in between low pressure to the nw and high sw n nosing in maybe.That's my call atm.

Posted
  • Location: Formerly Walworth, SE17 ; Swansea SA1 since Dec 2008
  • Location: Formerly Walworth, SE17 ; Swansea SA1 since Dec 2008

I'd bank a High Prssure incursion from the SW next week too, but it has to be said that any HP-influenced prospect (on SOME recent outputs anyway), is very far from certain yet. In fact all in the balance still, and all still to play for. Squeaky bum time is right now.

Edited by William of Walworth

To be honest, I'd rather this be the prospect than it being really hot. There isn't much shade at Glastonbury and sleeping in a tent when the sun comes up at 5am is pretty much impossible. Some cloud cover, not too hot in the day and cool over night is ideal. If it rains a touch to get that result, I wont be too fussed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Warming up next week 

glstotemps.png

• Like 2

Yeah it's all looking pretty abysmal, and the pics and vids I've seen from on site suggest it is already very waterlogged in places. I'm going for a 9/10 on the mudbathometer - Full wet footwear required for Wednesday and you can probably leave the Slicks at home this year.

Still, we've been a due a wet one. Sort the weak from the chaff. I'm ready. 

Posted

the idea of being at a festival during this rotten summer makes me shudder:/

I feel sorry for all the people camping at Glastonbury and not just because they will be subjected to Coldplay and Ellie Goulding. It really is a shame the weather in this country is dire 99 percent of the time.

I was at Download Festival last week and it was truly vile. Sewage running through the campsite in torrents and the mud was something else.

I know the ground looks wet today but it dries quick and the forecast is for it to be dry between now and kick off. Then the amount of rain forecast during the festival is also minimal. The mudbath years of 2007 and 2005 were because of persistent rain throughout the festival. The odd downpour is managed with ease.

Posted

Does anyone have a muddy Glasto photo, preferably with wellies in it? I would like to use it in the blog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
Posted

I wanted a more authentic one, less Daily Express

Looking at the weather and as per Jo's excellent report, things have taken a downturn over the past week. In itself the rainfall expected for Glastonbury would not cause huge amount off issues, apart from temporary muddiness in the heaviest showers. However with the ground being so wet, muddy fields seem quite likely when the gates open. Fingers crossed the rain can mostly stay away and things can dry out a bit.