Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports - Thursday 12th August 2004

Posted

1st storm and thunder at 13.36 Hrs, again at 14.20 Hrs, and at 16.40 and now at 17.05 Hrs, lots of electrical activity and thunder. Tried to get some shots off the digi video camera but it needs setting up by the manual for that I think, no luck yet in capturing some amazing lightning. Localised flooding in Coventry due to amount of rain in short time, some roads impassable in city centre and east Coventry.

Posted

Constant drooning thunder in the distance here, occasional rain, getting breezy and dark now.

Here's a picture, I just took while out on my mountain bike, I'm hoping it will come my way and not just pass by.

Picture002re.jpg

Posted
  • Location: South East Sheffield,South Yorkshire,located at approximately 53° 21' 20" N, 1° 13' W, 110 (+20
  • Location: South East Sheffield,South Yorkshire,located at approximately 53° 21' 20" N, 1° 13' W, 110 (+20

Have another storm approaching 1 loud rumble

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Cannot believe the amount of activity there has been. Its been thundering on and off all day :p

4 storms so far 8)

CG lightning has been the highlight :D

Posted

Constant Thunder now and it seems to be getting closer too! No rain as of yet, but it seems iminent now that we will see some hefty precipitation at some point in the near future.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Ive had rumbles & nothing more! Its brightened up now too... :p

Posted

I just got the fright of my life a few minutes ago!

A CG discharge came down less than a couple of hundred meters from me!

It scared me half to death, I am still shaking from it now.

It scared my brother half to death as well.

I unplugged everything promptly after that.

Though the electrical activity seems to have died down here, for now anyway.

So I am ok to talk on here.

I saw it through the kitchen window just as I had made my cup of tea.

It was amazing, this bolt of pure white and blue light and this instant explosion.

I won't forget that in a hurry!

Having seen no structured lightning this year until yesterday, and complained about it.

It's kind of ironic.

Posted

Hi,

Just been Thundering here, Think i got some pics. :p

If i did get any good pics were do i post the link ?

Please PM me the answer someone.

Posted

Had torrential rain for about 25 minutes and a few rumbles of thunder... storm has intensified further but moved off now... There's constant rumbling coming from my north now (guess the storm is probably between Cheltenham and Tewkesbury somewhere)... unfortunately the "lightning picture" I'm still sorely after has escaped me again... had my finger on the 'fire' button, AF set, but my camera went into power save mode just as the lightning flashed! ... since then there's been no visible CG lightning although there's still constant loud thunder from the storm. Only wish this were a night storm... I'd lock the cam on a 8 second exposure and just keep taking pics for an hour or so hoping that I'd get a shot! Maybe my lightning shot just isn't meant to be... still, on the bright side, before the storm broke I got some nice convection pictures to go in my gallery later!

Posted

Hi

Wow, that was a pretty good electrical storm, rain quite heavy but nothing like earlier this afternoon. Thunder and lightning as good as any I have seen in a few years; had to disconnect for a time. Storm started about 1915 its now clearing north and west. Lightning seemed mostly c-c but must have been some c-g judging from the almost instantaneous and very loud cracks. Lightning every 10-15 secs for a time.

jh

Posted

Cool electrical storm went by me (that one was bad)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Big storm passing a few miles from here- can see big flashes in the distance (but no thunder). Coming at the rate of 2-3 per minute!

Posted

I got a video clip from a fairly measly storm of an IC, if anyone can PM me about trying to get it up?

Had 1 storm, not very big with some thunder and lightning, and it's lightning now, but no thunder, mostly to south and east.

Posted

Don't know wether to add 1 to my total or what??

Had an impressive Ts at Norwich at 8Pm whilst on the Norfolk Broads today. Any ideas anyone, if it's any consolation my home town of Rayleigh had a storm today also.

Paul Sherman

Posted

Thunderstorm here around midday. in work at the time so couldnt see it that well but I was told there was good lightning

Posted
Don't know wether to add 1 to my total or what??

Had an impressive Ts at Norwich at 8Pm whilst on the Norfolk Broads today. Any ideas anyone, if it's any consolation my home town of Rayleigh had a storm today also.

Paul Sherman

No :!: , you've had too many already 8)

And definitely not 2 to the total :wink::)

Posted

A bit late I know, but saw a fantastic CC lightning display to my west during Thursday evening with some tremendous flashes lighting up the whole cloud and clearly showing the Anvil structure it had! :lol: