Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Stopping Dangerous Global Warming

iapennell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
Just now, Bristle boy said:

I was merely asking if they'll be practicising what they protested against. Somehow i doubt it.

And i suspect most headteachers who sanctioned the time off for the protest wont be so lenient with parents taking kids out of school to go on hols.

In other words, Bris, the lives of the rich, the powerful and the 'right thinking' would be a whole lot easier were all the young whippersnappers quiet, amiable, timid and - most of all - more inclined to acquiesce to the whims of their 'betters'? No wonder semi-literate man-babies have come to rule the world!:help:

• Like 3

Posted
35 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

In other words, Bris, the lives of the rich, the powerful and the 'right thinking' would be a whole lot easier were all the young whippersnappers quiet, amiable, timid and - most of all - more inclined to acquiesce to the whims of their 'betters'? No wonder semi-literate man-babies have come to rule the world!:help:

They're already "timid"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

This article appeared on the ABC website this week. A couple of interesting geo-engineering projects are mentioned. I wonder how successful they will turn out to be? Ultimately, I do think this will be the end response over political consensus for rapid legislative change in how business is conducted or to put controls on individual choice and economic behavior. Thanks for your post and link Devonian. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-26/foreign-correspondent-climate-change-geoengineering/10833878

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

It looks like we have a 'do not go here' number for CO2 levels?

https://www.abc.net.au/triplej/programs/hack/stratocumulus-clouds-could-go-extinct-speeding-up-global-warming/10858850

We've seen 2 decades of clouds being used as a convenient shield for some to hide behind but now it appears we do know whether clouds will help cool us or merely speed up warming. If we hit 1200ppm then the clouds just 'go away' over our oceans and the ocean surfaces see a leap in energy arriving of 30%!!!

We just get our heads around 'albedo flip' as a way for that 'constant' energy at the top of the atmosphere to become larger at the surface and now they throw this at us!

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Gray-Wolf said:

It looks like we have a 'do not go here' number for CO2 levels?

https://www.abc.net.au/triplej/programs/hack/stratocumulus-clouds-could-go-extinct-speeding-up-global-warming/10858850

We've seen 2 decades of clouds being used as a convenient shield for some to hide behind but now it appears we do know whether clouds will help cool us or merely speed up warming. If we hit 1200ppm then the clouds just 'go away' over our oceans and the ocean surfaces see a leap in energy arriving of 30%!!!

We just get our heads around 'albedo flip' as a way for that 'constant' energy at the top of the atmosphere to become larger at the surface and now they throw this at us!

I think we would have progressed significantly in terms of our co2 emissions long before 1200ppm becomes viable. Very interesting read however!! I hope people don't take the title as literal as it may seem.