Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Have you put your heating on yet ?

stewfox

Posted

Still 22.8C upstairs at the moment where the Davis VP2 console is. There seems to be considerable heatsoak still from the summer. Last night was actually down to 9.1C, but we'd need several single figure mins here before we get below 20C indoors.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Windows open all night last night despite being comfortably in single figures, absolutely lovely. I imagine with the wet and windy weather coming up next week more people will be reaching for the thermostat.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Windows open all night last night despite being comfortably in single figures, absolutely lovely. I imagine with the wet and windy weather coming up next week more people will be reaching for the thermostat.

Its a good point that actually. The wind can make the biggest difference to whether heating is needed or not. If you're in a drafty building then in winter its often warmer indoors on a calm 4C day than a blustery 12C day!

Posted
11 minutes ago, reef said:

Its a good point that actually. The wind can make the biggest difference to whether heating is needed or not. If you're in a drafty building then in winter its often warmer indoors on a calm 4C day than a blustery 12C day!

I think the lack of sunlight also has a part to play. The sun isn't that strong at this time of year but it can still warm a house up during the afternoon. But yeah a wet and blustery day can really strip the heat away. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Still to warm for heating indoors and out here, coupled with no drafts and sun heating the front of house during day light hours. I really am sweating buckets unless I'm in the back of the house which is much cooler.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

When I lived on the top storey of our building I was getting 20-25C indoors with all windows open.  Now that I'm living on the ground floor my home is always feeling chilly, only managed 21C indoors on a couple of particularly hot days this past summer.  I even felt chilly in bed last night under an open window as I usually do even in winter.  The block has cavity insulation and my windows are new ones with a good 1" between the panes.  I'm looking at my energy monitor which indicates my living room temp is 18C.   Should it go below 16C then given my age that's when I have to turn on my CH.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

I am so lucky in the respect i live with no females,apart from the cat. My heating never goes on upstairs normally even in the depths of winter,last time was probably 2010! I flick the fire on for a bit when it really cools down and have the central heating on for about a hour maybe at the weekend just to air the downstairs in winter when temps start to go below freezing. House is very well insulated due to grants i've got in the past so in a much more fortunate position to many. Winter can be so hard on those in housing stock which isn't able to cope with even our mild winters.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot dry summers and very mild winters

My living room is currently 17C. The heating doesn't go on until it hits at least 14C indoors overnight

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Just lit the open fire here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Not put it on yet. We moved to a new house in July....so it will be interesting to see how effective the system is once we turn it on. Currently at 17c - 18c; will wait until we drop to 16c before firing it up.

Should still be enough heat during the day, especially with sunshine to keep it a couple more weeks away.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Closed my windows on Friday, can't see the heating coming on for a while.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Was tempted to switch on late last night, around 1am I started feeling the chill, think we were hovering around the 10c mark still outside but it hadn't been that much better all day.

Thought i'd be pretty insulated here, in a flat between 2 others, and on top of a chinese, although I don't know if thats heated, surprised how the place cooled down so fast. Didn't help that the back door was open for hours!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Mine cut in early hours for the first time this season. Outside it was 8 C.

Nice and warm in the house to get up to.

B. :)

Posted

Ambient temperature still around 21c inside this morning, even despite the fact I had the windows open all day yesterday.

Edited by Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Switched the heating on briefly this morning, though more because my fiancee complained than anything else, still 20C inside so not too bad and with a lot of sunshine forecast this week then it should stay warm inside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny in the summer, cold and snowy in the winter

I had to put it on last night. The kids bedrooms don't get any sun this time of year, so on came their radiators. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

house fell to 14c over night so heating has been on for 3 hours now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

Temperature overnight fell to 14C in my room, no heating on yet. However, relative humidity is around 80% and my textbooks are curling up because of the moisture. Will have to turn it on at some point to stop damp patches and mould. Really doesn't help that no sunshine gets into my room at this time of year.

Posted
26 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Not on yet. Defo not cold enough. In fact i have back door open now letting in some fresh air.

Windows open here too. Making the most of being able to get some fresh air in now before it's too cold outside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Not yet, but getting close. Getting out of the shower now feels harder than it used to because the house is noticeably colder.

Went to my grandmother's house yesterday.. she had her heating on. She feels the cold easier these days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Be a bit pointless having the heating on,back door open,all windows open,loving the cool breeze. Unless your a pensioner or have a medical problem i can't see any reason for any heating at all in my location,way to mild still.