Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports - Monday 16th August 2004

Thunder

Posted

Thundery shower here at 12:45, with 10 mins of heavy rain and some thunder.

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

yeah, excellent. thunderstorm here now in Milton Keynes :D:D:D:D

Posted

A lot of thunder and lightning here in Huntingdon, Cambs, with some pretty heavy rainfall as well. Been rumbling for about an hour. :D

Posted

and another little rumble (18:07) very dark to my right but very bright to the left, bring it on !

coming home from work past Bell Vue it looked like something out of a disaster movie the sky was evil looking !

wish i had taken my camera to work !

Posted

About 10 minutes of heavy rain, strong winds and quite a bit of thunder and lightning. It must have passed pretty close over me (just south of Manchester city centre). All of a sudden just eased off a couple of minutes ago but still rumbles of thunder every 30 seconds or so.

Posted

Still going here in failsworth (half way betweem manchester / oldham)

it's still going on here 4 more flashes in the time I have typed this !

Posted

This has been going on here for 47 mins now !!!

fantastic !

garden is totally flooded !

I know the mind is a terrible thing but I swear I saw part of the cloud near me start to rotate !

Posted

Just had a nice big strike about 500 yards from the house... looks like it may have hit around the sub station, as all our power is off at the minute, i'm writing this on dialup on the laptop atm.

currently getting about 5 strikes every 2 minutes

Posted

Currently have some nice lightning in the clouds above Cannock Chase in the Midlands.

Posted

My wife and I have just been out for a bike ride and were caught in some down pours but in the base of the clouds we could see IC lightning flashing off there was no CG. Where ever you looked in the sky you could see it flashing off.

Posted

The storm in total I had lasted about an hour, lots of cg & cc strange thing is it wasnt showing up on the uk lightning dectector but was on the europe one, noticed this several times now :?

Posted
  • Location: South East Sheffield,South Yorkshire,located at approximately 53° 21' 20" N, 1° 13' W, 110 (+20
  • Location: South East Sheffield,South Yorkshire,located at approximately 53° 21' 20" N, 1° 13' W, 110 (+20

I had a storm in rotherham whilst at cadets, lasted for half an hour

Posted

Have just had 1 flash back at my side of rotherham and a bang

Posted

I wish the storm in Bristol had happened at night cause I would have seen the distant lightning :roll:

My brother, now back in Worksop, has reported orange lightning this evening :D

He even phoned to tell me :shock: I mean, we're talking about someone whose interest in the weather couldn't be more opposite to mine :D:wink:

(Paul - nothing for me for 9 days now so can my brothers storm count as one for me on the league table :wink: :?: :D )

Posted
I wish the storm in Bristol had happened at night cause I would have seen the distant lightning :roll:  

My brother, now back in Worksop, has reported orange lightning this evening :D  

He even phoned to tell me :shock:  I mean, we're talking about someone whose interest in the weather couldn't be more opposite to mine :D  :wink:  

(Paul - nothing for me for 9 days now so can my brothers storm count as one for me on the league table :wink:  :?:   :D )

worksops only 15 mins from me!!

Posted

storm yesterday at about 5-6pm with some distant lightning, but loud thunder and torrential rain!