Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Gorgeous day here so far, warm sunshine and not much cloud as yet. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

yes it was quite pleasant watering the grass this morning. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Nice morning now turning to poo, clouding up with drizzle showing out in north sea with our name on it.

• Like 1

Posted

Drizzle has duly arrived, feels quite warm still as no easterly of note YET.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

cloudy here and not very warm, come July we will be frazzled and wishing it was May again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
5 hours ago, Reefseeker said:

Not sure if anyone else noticed, but Carol was unusually bullish around mid-last week about the chances of warm/hot weather this week, suggesting low/mid 20s to be possible, then watering it down to high teens/early 20s later in the week, and now admitting what has looked likely for several days - miserable. I wonder what made them so confident that far out, and for it to go fruit-shaped not long after. Looking at the MOD thread here, it seems this week's weather has been on the cards for several days, in fact possibly from the day that Carol jinxed it with her optimism!

(snipped)

Hi Reefseeker. In fact Carol was so bullish with her predictions I made the mistake last week of telling my friends that this week was going to be lovely and warm. :laugh:

And I can remember looking at GFS and ECM output and being puzzled as they didn't really support such optimism. Anyway, I broke the news to my friends yesterday that it was going to be cool easterlies and patchy rain and drizzle instead now!

So I agree, I wonder what the Met Office were looking at last week? But as John Holmes is always telling us, the weather has a habit of making fools of anyone from time to time!

Back to today and actually not too bad. 16.15 and the sun has just popped out again. Temp currently 15.3C.

• Like 1

Posted

did anyone else here that we have had 50% of the average rainfall over the winter and spring? Just goes to show you just how dry its been recently.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Just had some lovely sounding big rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

A beautiful morning soon turned into a vile afternoon of very dark, threatening looking clouds that dropped....drizzle. Only in the UK! Skies like this anywhere else would have people running for a storm cellar lol.....

IMG_4306.JPG

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 2

Posted

Not looking particularly warm or sunny for the weekend but at least look dry over the weekend for the vast majority of the region.  Exception looks to be the south coast on Saturday that could see some rain:

PPVM89.thumb.gif.59fe36e8a7b05467cafb0a44321d9784.gifoverview_084.thumb.jpg.91f448149294ee0a5350f7d45e961fa4.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow

All winter and lucky if we get an easterly. May now and what do we have easterly winds and overcast poxy weather sucks

Edited by snowfish1
  • Like 2

Posted

That wind is chilly.:cold:

Posted

Well the gloom has duly arrived, a nasty cold wind too. Just 9C here currently. No doubt we won't see the sun for another week or so, but it'll be dry. Utter waste of time and very depressing. Hopefully will change soon to something better!

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

East or NEly no good in summer SE of the Humber. Present set up excellent for regions NW of the Ribble, just days of endless warm sunshine ! Enjoy the chill down south !

C

Posted
Just now, carinthian said:

East or NEly no good in summer SE of the Humber. Present set up excellent for regions NW of the Ribble, just days of endless warm sunshine ! Enjoy the chill down south !

C

Not completely true; NE'lies not good in Spring here but by July they usually are not cloudy and can be very pleasantly warm or hot. And what's to 'enjoy' when it's cold and grey in May?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.
21 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Not completely true; NE'lies not good in Spring here but by July they usually are not cloudy and can be very pleasantly warm or hot. And what's to 'enjoy' when it's cold and grey in May?

Yes if you can get a heat low over the continent and light wind circulation , even hot. Spent quite a bit of time down in Sussex and Kent and with the present synoptics, no good down there, only for the NW.

C

Posted

Unlikely as temp is at 9c ish all along our coast.
Sure it wasnt just fine drizzle sometimes that can look a bit sleety.

Only have to put up with the current pattern till Sunday, then it's all change. We have been blessed in recent months with the weather so a few days of cloud we can put up with I'm sure. 

Not great for the time of year, but I'm not feeling it that chilly, although I do work outside everyday so use to it.. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Just watched the Look East forecaster saying it would be nice to see the sun, but "no chance today"..... and blow me, the sun has just come out here!! The satellite image suggests it might be a fairly bright morning for East Anglia.

590acb2131ed2_CloudThurs04May07_15.thumb.jpg.4c42a89533362f24f0f36209dd207127.jpg

Yesterday was dire here, with the heavy drizzle accumulating nearly 3 mm of rain during the afternoon - I think I was stuck under a "drizzle streamer". :laugh:

Carol just put out a tease during her forecast this morning, saying "changes coming" for next week, but she didn't expand. Certainly the models suggesting some decent rainfall might be on the horizon. One to watch.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder storms and Blizzards.

I really hope that we get some serious rain here in Bedfordshire, It has been dry for far to long in my opinion. A local farmer has taken a cut of hay to try and supplement his stock's meager grazing and the field looks parched.

I have to pull some weeds and the garden is as hard as a bullet, if anyone knows how to do a rain dance, please feel free to perform.

Have a nice day people.

• Like 2

Posted

Not so cold this morning, now got sun on and off.

Getting annoyed the weather isn't warm enough to wear spring stuffs. Not minding watering the lawn, it is relaxing.

However a nice heavy storm would be lovely.:good:

Posted

We'll knock me down with a feather! Dreary and dull start but the cloud is actually breaking up allowing some sunshine to come through.

• Like 2