Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Glad there's at least two others who are the same.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Just heard the first rumble of thunder this year here in East Sussex, it's been unusually quiet so far this year.

• Like 2

Posted

Although the St did clear late morning the temp has been struggling to get above 14C ( Culdrose faired better) with the onshore drift and it does appear to be returning now

2018052212.03808.skewt_parc.thumb.gif.d145d45831b88a0396624d3b6a854999.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Quick question, can anyone else react with anything else other than 'like' or 'thanks' - seems the laughing and confused reactions are gone for me at least

EDIT: Oh never mind, just seen the reply on the support topic

Edited by CheesepuffScott
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
32 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Quick question, can anyone else react with anything else other than 'like' or 'thanks' - seems the laughing and confused reactions are gone for me at least

EDIT: Oh never mind, just seen the reply on the support topic

Yes they've been removed. Shame but I think I know why.

On another note, it still feels quite warm now although the temperature is dropping quickly now. 16.9°C

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
2 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Yes they've been removed. Shame but I think I know why.

On another note, it still feels quite warm now although the temperature is dropping quickly now. 16.9°C

Probably thinking what you're thinking. I've seen the reactions abused by a certain handful of people..

• Like 2

Posted

Well, a month ago I was asking for it to stop raining. It did. Now we are bone dry and looking for a good soaking. Is it coming? who knows. I know areas further South might have had a drizzle but apart from a lovely rumble of thunder and a sprinkle yesterday, things are turning into a dust bowl where not watered. Plants need a good drop now. 

Long chitted potatoes are up and well. Onions bolted, cucurbits stunted and holding back for some reason, Tomatoes doing well but there is an awful problem with aphids generally. Blasting with the hose works short term but those ants, they do like to farm and they are everywhere! We want them washed away lol.but we love the Sunshine nonetheless. 

Edited by EllyTech
  • Like 1

Posted

Regarding yesterday. The max here was 14C and just down the road at Culdrose 20C. Just shows what a difference a little strip of land and th north coast makes at times.

Posted

After an overnight low of 9.5C it's warming nicely now at 21.5C, as the channel mist lifted early on and it's been another belter of a day. Are we going to fortunate enough for some storm activity later, who knows..opportunities seem to exist..

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

A bit breezier than yesterday making it feel slightly cooler in the shade but otherwise warm and sunny again. 21.2°C. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Dorsetbred said:

After an overnight low of 9.5C it's warming nicely now at 21.5C, as the channel mist lifted early on and it's been another belter of a day. Are we going to fortunate enough for some storm activity later, who knows..opportunities seem to exist..

Hope so ,loving this weather but it will save me having to water the garden.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

nice convective forecast for the overnight period from Nick Finnis.....I'm hopeful and looking forward to an elevated storm in the early hours tomorrow

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
Just now, ajpoolshark said:

nice convective forecast for the overnight period from Nick Finnis.....I'm hopeful and looking forward to an elevated storm in the early hours tomorrow

Just catching up with it all.. spending so much time in the garden, i've forgotten what the inside of my house looks like!
More chances over the weekend after having a casual glance?

Temp 22.6°C

Today's sunshine will take me over 200 hours for the month - most i've recorded on this station.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
31 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Just catching up with it all.. spending so much time in the garden, i've forgotten what the inside of my house looks like!
More chances over the weekend after having a casual glance?

Temp 22.6°C

Today's sunshine will take me over 200 hours for the month - most i've recorded on this station.

yes, saturday night looks full of promise, not to mention friday night for those more to the SW

Posted

A pleasant blue sky day today, not as hot as yesterday, just 22.7c at 3pm
Garden ready to get a good watering tomorrow, then a good basting of sun over the weekend.

Posted

Getting pretty excited about Saturday now, GFS doesn't seem to be downgrading the CAPE at the moment and seeing LI's of -10's  still 3 days to go but this looks the best day for a prolonged storm. 

102-505UK.GIF?23-12102-779UK.GIF?23-12

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Tomorrow's forecast looks dreadful. My 'sunshine every day' record looks like coming to an end. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

In a complete reversal of recent days the day began clear and sunny here but descended into a cloudy mess around midday and produced a few useless but annoying spots of rain.

This north easterly flow has been spoiling things for the far south eastern corner of the UK for a week now, here's hoping it improves for the weekend. Got a friend coming down and hope to go to the Eastbourne Sunshine Carnival on Saturday.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
8 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Tomorrow's forecast looks dreadful. My 'sunshine every day' record looks like coming to an end. :(

I would put a crying reaction but you cant anymore! :( 

Posted
9 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Should be good for the garden though. I'm out there now potting things on in anticipation. Well behind this year. 

Posted

Clouding over now and quite feels quite humid. 18.2°C. 

Edited by matt111

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

Therefore you should be hopeful of at least some sunny spells because, as you often refer to, the forecasting recently has been poor.

With 15 ish hours of possible sun I reckon we'll all see some burn through at some stage.

Posted

Outlook on Meridian W

1F5603DF-F139-4A59-871D-1273C672F070.png

• Like 3

Posted

Just had a shower pass through.