Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Stormchaser Chicken George 22 June Colorado Last Chase Day Tour 4

Tom Lynch

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Good morning from Fort Morgan, Colorado. 

Today is our last chase day for this year. We have a great chance of a tornado but will have to work hard to get it.  It is going to be a gruiling day wihout doubt. However 'no pain no gain' some stupid twit once said . We have to keep  in mind that we have to be at Denver Aiport by mid day. That may dictate where we can go.

However south or south and east  is on the cards.

The tornado potential is currently 5% for portions of Colorado, Oklahoma, Kansas and the small area of  the Texas Panhandle.

Not sure where our target is yet. 

We will be streaming as well as internet coveage allows. 

George

Posted

If anyone's interested in a virtual chase today, a powerful cold front is sweeping through Alberta and Montana towards western SK-ND with tornadic potential for areas of northeast MT, northwest ND, southwest SK and southeast AB (Canada). 

I would go in real time but I can't get there quickly enough, the front just went through my location and despite poor time of day it was a fairly powerful storm with some local wind damage reported. Upper air soundings show a sharp wind shear line and 850 mb temps fall rapidly from near 20 to near 5 C. 

Best location Medicine Hat, AB. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Roger J Smith said:

If anyone's interested in a virtual chase today, a powerful cold front is sweeping through Alberta and Montana towards western SK-ND with tornadic potential for areas of northeast MT, northwest ND, southwest SK and southeast AB (Canada). 

I would go in real time but I can't get there quickly enough, the front just went through my location and despite poor time of day it was a fairly powerful storm with some local wind damage reported. Upper air soundings show a sharp wind shear line and 850 mb temps fall rapidly from near 20 to near 5 C. 

Best location Medicine Hat, AB. 

Thanks Roger 

Will take a look.

Posted

Caught up with and followed a tornado warned storm through Holly, Colorado. Went through golf ball size hail which caused the lead car to get a cracked windscreen. 

Posted

We sat and watched the area of interest as it approached our location just north of Holly.

Posted

As we sat and watched the storm things got a little bit interesting with lots of things happening.