Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Xmas Update

Paul Sherman

Posted

Hi Guys

As soon as we get to the New

Year next week the countdown is well and truly on for Our 15th Season Chasing Stateside and StormChase 2019.

We currently have just 2 Spaces left on Tour 4 and 1 Space left on our Photography Tour.

We also have 3 Spaces left on our Arizona Monsoon Tour in August which was hugely successful in 2018.

Canada is totally Sold Out in July.

This means we have got a record breaking amount of people coming Storm Chasing in 2019, from the 64 Spaces available only 6 Remain, so if you are thinking 2019 could be the year for you then there is still a few spaces up for grabs but I dont expect these to last long into the Spring. 

Full details below

https://www.weatherholidays.com/

Hover over the Our Tours Tab to see what is still available.

Hope to see you in 2019

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Lightning, Tornado, Hurricane, Heatwave

Cannot wait! Merry Christmas everyone and happy new year!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

I checked the BA sale price and find it was more expensive than the last sale price which was more expensive than what I paid last year. 

Tom 

• Like 1

Posted
13 hours ago, Tom Lynch said:

I checked the BA sale price and find it was more expensive than the last sale price which was more expensive than what I paid last year. 

Tom 

I've bought this year through Virgin Atlantic via ATL on the way out and LAX on the way back. Was £542 the other week from Manchester, and 15hr with changes each way. Fully agree, BA is sky high this year, has been since August! I'm scared to check Skyscanner for the Dallas route now in case I bought too early and prices dropped! 

Posted

Yes

British Airways is NOT the way forward anymore it seems, especially to Dallas with Denver becoming the airport of choice.

We have already taken the step to start tours 3, 4 and 5 from Denver in 2019 and we are talking about running all the Tours out of Denver from 2020 due to flight costs and ease of getting out of Denver as well.

Regards

Paul

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Paul Sherman said:

Yes

British Airways is NOT the way forward anymore it seems, especially to Dallas with Denver becoming the airport of choice.

We have already taken the step to start tours 3, 4 and 5 from Denver in 2019 and we are talking about running all the Tours out of Denver from 2020 due to flight costs and ease of getting out of Denver as well.

Regards

Paul

Is that more to do with the shift in the weather patterns as the storm season "appears" to be more inclined to resolve itself a bit further north as a starting point?

Ya cant beat the Denver cyclone.......

Love Denver it's great place to be, even for the earlier tours some snow, some weather some beer...

Posted

Out of interest is there a base hotel in Arizona like in Dallas or Denver?

Yeah Denver in future almost seems more central, Dallas is quite a long way South, and I was surprised how quick it was to the Kansas border this year from Denver. Plus ❤️ Burlington, CO. Seemed to be a great base for many days storm chasing on T4 this year!

Happy new year everyone!

Posted

In answer to both questions

When we start our tours at the beginning of May it is always a risk going for Denver as a base but how many risks are chaseable Dallas Southwards really, and as others have said with the ease of getting away from Denver into Kansas within 2 hours or the Texas Panhandle within probably 4 hours Denver is probably the way to go in future starting 2020

Mike there is a Base Hotel in Arizona, we use the Magnusson Papago Inn which is about 10 mins from the Airport along Mcdowell Road.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

In answer to both questions

When we start our tours at the beginning of May it is always a risk going for Denver as a base but how many risks are chaseable Dallas Southwards really, and as others have said with the ease of getting away from Denver into Kansas within 2 hours or the Texas Panhandle within probably 4 hours Denver is probably the way to go in future starting 2020

Mike there is a Base Hotel in Arizona, we use the Magnusson Papago Inn which is about 10 mins from the Airport along Mcdowell Road.

Plan to book the Magnusson as we arrive days early..

• Like 2

Posted

Same, will book this hotel. Going to stay a day after too, as the tour ends immediately before the UK Bank Holiday weekend, and it'd be rude not to explore Phoenix and Scottsdale for a day! 

• Like 1

Posted
On 29/12/2018 at 17:56, mikeofmacc said:

Out of interest is there a base hotel in Arizona like in Dallas or Denver?

Yeah Denver in future almost seems more central, Dallas is quite a long way South, and I was surprised how quick it was to the Kansas border this year from Denver. Plus ❤️ Burlington, CO. Seemed to be a great base for many days storm chasing on T4 this year!

Happy new year everyone!

What is the base hotel for Denver? Need to get it booked for tour 4

Posted

Hi Jodie

Most people use the Days Inn on Tower Road which is part of the Airport Complex and has loads of restaurants around it. Thats where we tend to meet most people, but alongside the Days Inn there are about 15 other Hotels all within a stones throw

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

And don't make the mistake I did at Tower Road in Denver, of thinking the building across from the Days Inn is a Pharmacy. I found to my own cost its a dispensary of cannabis instead, that was awkward...

Posted
5 hours ago, mikeofmacc said:

And don't make the mistake I did at Tower Road in Denver, of thinking the building across from the Days Inn is a Pharmacy. I found to my own cost its a dispensary of cannabis instead, that was awkward...:oops:

I love the text it promotes it's website with:

As the closest dispensary to DIA, this weed shop is a convenient spot for out-of-state visitors who just got off the plane, and locals who live outside the city. With both recreational and medical marijuana, we offer relaxation for jet-lagged travelers as well as alleviation for our medical patients. ;)We’ll help you understand the differences between our various weed options so you can make the most informed decision possible.:help:

Almost as wacky as the Rocky Mountain Arsenal just over the freeway that was in the 90's a producer of chemical weapons...but is now a wildlife refuge (just don't sniff the grass too much...)

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
9 hours ago, mikeofmacc said:

And don't make the mistake I did at Tower Road in Denver, of thinking the building across from the Days Inn is a Pharmacy. I found to my own cost its a dispensary of cannabis instead, that was awkward...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA Thanks for the heads up

• Like 1

Posted
On 31/12/2018 at 18:16, Dorsetbred said:

As the closest dispensary to DIA, this weed shop is a convenient spot for out-of-state visitors who just got off the plane, and locals who live outside the city. With both recreational and medical marijuana, we offer relaxation for jet-lagged travelers as well as alleviation for our medical patients. ;)We’ll help you understand the differences between our various weed options so you can make the most informed decision possible.:help:

Almost as wacky as the Rocky Mountain Arsenal just over the freeway that was in the 90's a producer of chemical weapons...but is now a wildlife refuge (just don't sniff the grass too much...)

That's the one! Personally, I find a pint solves my jetlag, but each to their own like! Past new year now, countdown to 2019 officially on! Is it time to check-in yet? ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
On 31/12/2018 at 18:16, Dorsetbred said:

Genuinely didn't know there was one on Tower Road. It would be a far better and healthier alternative to having several pints to get over the jetlag 

Posted

Seems Virgin Atlantic are the way forward this year if you look hard enough. I've bagged my Manchester to Phoenix flight via Atlanta this morning for £649 return. Even DFW via Atlanta was £540. Not too shabby at all!

And yes Nick, the lad inside the shop on Tower Road, was ermmm..... very, very, chilled indeed. Lol.

Posted
20 minutes ago, mikeofmacc said:

Seems Virgin Atlantic are the way forward this year if you look hard enough. I've bagged my Manchester to Phoenix flight via Atlanta this morning for £649 return. Even DFW via Atlanta was £540. Not too shabby at all!

And yes Nick, the lad inside the shop on Tower Road, was ermmm..... very, very, chilled indeed. Lol.

My last flight with Virgin Atlantic was far better than the misery BA serve up. The food was actually enjoyable and the plane was from this century.

Edited by Nick L
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Hail, Torrential Rain

Last week I booked very pricey flights direct to Dallas so I could travel with Adam (last time ever! (Not travelling with Adam lol!)) Today the prices have dropped  Looking forward to cheaper prices next year and maybe the Denver option. There's so much more to life than Dallas and BA! 

Posted
On 07/01/2019 at 19:49, bristolstormchaser said:

Last week I booked very pricey flights direct to Dallas so I could travel with Adam (last time ever! (Not travelling with Adam lol!)) Today the prices have dropped  Looking forward to cheaper prices next year and maybe the Denver option. There's so much more to life than Dallas and BA! 

What do you mean by last time ever, Ollie? You packing it in??

Posted
21 minutes ago, Nick L said:

What do you mean by last time ever, Ollie? You packing it in??

Last time with BA? I don't blame you... Virgin Atlantic worth a look!

Posted

There's always Icelandair....(great views of the snowfields...)

Oh and Norwegian Air is another option at a good price...

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1