Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Weather in the Czech Republic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Very hot few days here in Prague, yesterday reached 38C, it’s currently 34C with some very rapid convection building as a cold front approaches from the NW. 

image.jpg

9FA903B9-AB4D-4EA2-8344-388CE9A8278A.jpeg

9FD0292E-4E84-48A6-9D8D-475141FF2FE2.jpeg

02E9536F-E29A-4487-94B0-13D8247504D7.jpeg

703EC3A3-C848-4015-86A0-321ACB7EB118.jpeg

Posted

So what is the best months to visit Prague or is it like UK?  If you are lucky it is nice. 

Supping something from the local brewery. My garage. 

8DBA520E-5FA9-40D6-9BB8-3B51005B9F6E.jpeg

Edited by Snipper
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

I am off to Prague at the end of the month, hopefully it's nice, and perhaps some thundery activity.. in contrast to here!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
On 02/07/2019 at 00:49, Snipper said:

So what is the best months to visit Prague or is it like UK?  If you are lucky it is nice. 

Supping something from the local brewery. My garage. 

8DBA520E-5FA9-40D6-9BB8-3B51005B9F6E.jpeg

No, it’s more reliably warm and sunny than the UK, with unsettled weather the exception, generally speaking. May, June and September would be great months to visit as it’s not peak tourist season. Nice looking ale there. 

Posted
On 07/07/2019 at 06:58, CheesepuffScott said:

I am off to Prague at the end of the month, hopefully it's nice, and perhaps some thundery activity.. in contrast to here!

Fingers crossed for you. Definitely experience a lot more thundery activity here than I did in London. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Some big showers and thunderstorms here today. The rain from this storm was very intense! Not seen it so heavy for some time. Nice cloudscapes, too.

C444E677-377F-469C-BBEE-6CBEBC6596D3.jpeg

24BC95DD-6E76-4300-A1C0-3900E359DC21.jpeg

CAA0FDB3-B59F-4A69-BFB4-ED1AE3281DF4.jpeg

DD1916AD-157E-4250-9EBD-D285E2CE4C2E.jpeg

D9DD5CEC-1B93-4CA4-AE01-FB8F17670E86.jpeg

ACC5B78E-D1FD-4C01-BA91-B582F38B716C.jpeg

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Hope the forecast picks up a bit for my holiday. Thursday (when I land) is forecast to be 23 with showers, supposed to be 24 here at home. 

Not too bothered as long as it stays dry (don't care about thunderstorms though), but I'd hope it'll be a bit warmer than here  but looking at ECM looks like some warm air surges up across the region for the weekend I am there so maybe not all is lost

Edited by CheesepuffScott
  • Like 1

Posted

Partly cloudy and warm in Prague

9CB999C1-C368-4734-B5C3-9493DD1F7166.thumb.jpeg.aa7e8d888dadf686223439f53b70059e.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted

Mostly cloudy here today but still feeling warm and a bit humid

• Like 1

Posted

Starting to rain here in Prague now..

Posted

The forecast called for further rain today but we only had that drizzly rain last night. It has stayed dry here all morning but it is feeling a little fresher with a stronger breeze today. Not bad though!

CB4EA629-919D-448B-839E-DE34BC07C3E1.thumb.jpeg.644191a1bf745d6730ca5b8938fa836a.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, CheesepuffScott said:

The forecast called for further rain today but we only had that drizzly rain last night. It has stayed dry here all morning but it is feeling a little fresher with a stronger breeze today. Not bad though!

CB4EA629-919D-448B-839E-DE34BC07C3E1.thumb.jpeg.644191a1bf745d6730ca5b8938fa836a.jpeg

Hope you’re enjoying Prague? Plenty of thunderstorms across the Czech Republic today but they’ve all skirted Prague, so far. Looks like might get hit, later. Pleasantly warm with a nice breeze

C7FE5DBF-53A2-42C3-8DBF-EEECA378A830.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted

@stainesbloke It is brilliant thanks, I am already loving it more than my trip to Paris last year.. spending time in the Old Town this afternoon after a walk across Charles Bridge earlier. Fingers crossed for ⛈

• Like 1

Posted

It’s something. We have gone from partly sunny skies to full cloud cover and light rain in the space of 15 mins. Also had a crack of thunder 

• Like 2

Posted
15 hours ago, CheesepuffScott said:

@stainesbloke It is brilliant thanks, I am already loving it more than my trip to Paris last year.. spending time in the Old Town this afternoon after a walk across Charles Bridge earlier. Fingers crossed for ⛈

Fantastic! Glad you’re enjoying the city. There’s so much to see. I love it here.

Had a thundery shower later in the afternoon but didn’t amount to much, and the evening felt decidedly cool. Some nice cloudscapes, though!

8B3E9743-63F5-4A13-913E-4D0A94E60B1B.jpeg

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

Posted

Another fine and warm day. It briefly turned cloudy around lunchtime, with an interesting cloudscape.. after a sunny morning, and there must’ve been a light shower as we noticed drops on the cars and a dampened ground after we left the metro station at the Peace Square. It soon cleared up leaving another sunny afternoon. 

EA9BD6DF-497F-4840-B3D5-EC679165DCC8.thumb.jpeg.ed2df53fb9bcea7e99b55e19ea3821be.jpeg

Tomorrow we will visit Petrin Hill, also the Museum of Communism. If anyone’s got any further ideas, I’m here until Thursday. Willing to do less touristy things too

• Like 1

Posted

Just as we sat down for a beer at the base of the Petrin Tower, we had a light shower, just enough to wet the ground. Caught us unexpectedly as it had been warm with sunny spells all day. Rather overcast now with that warm breeze still hanging about.

Posted

Pittering rain now, didn’t expect this!

Posted

Same story as yesterday, started off feeling quite very warm with sunny spells, clouded over mid afternoon with some drizzle before some brief heavy showers. Feeling cooler now too.

Posted

Sitting on the balcony back at our rental apartment now and there is frequent flashing to the SE.

• Like 1

Posted

Not weather but that air raid siren *test* rattled our cages 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Hot day here, maxed out at 31C. Watching thunderstorms moving towards Prague from Germany 

435DFFCD-1667-497B-A64D-2279D2528181.jpeg

7E1AE9C7-337F-4C52-B324-FD3D8DDD929A.jpeg

CC3D8334-9DDF-400D-B386-88874A7E517E.jpeg

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: continental climate

Accuweather autumn forecast. We all know they are no more accurate then others. But interestingly their text reads: "A sharp change in the weather is possible during mid- and late November as cold air from Russia attempts to press westward across Europe.
This cold air may settle as far west as Germany, bringing an unseasonable chill to Berlin, Prague and Warsaw.
The cold air mass will also elevate the chance of snowfall."

Other interesting point is this:"As the calendar turns to November, these cold shots will become increasingly fierce making it feel more like December and January at times.
The cold air will also set the stage for multiple snow events from the Baltic states to Belarus and Ukraine by the end of November.
"Above-normal snowfall is forecast during the month of November across eastern Europe," Reppert said.
A cold and snowy end to autumn could set the stage for this pattern to persist throughout the winter months."

So they see appearances of Beast from the East as far west as Germany in November and very cold winter for Eastern Europe(better have my logs ready). If I visualize pressure patterns for this to occur, there must some sort of Scandinavian block present to advect easterlies in to Germany originating from Russia. If I would to believe Accuweather it would be a very exciting forecast for my location which is only 150km west from Ukraine border.

• Like 1

Posted

Interesting few days of weather here, some hot sunshine, several nighttime thunderstorms with torrential rain, sudden wind squalls and a cool day yesterday with heavy rain and gusty winds from the afternoon onwards. Quiet and fine today

• 5 weeks later...
Posted

3C here this morning, brrr