Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ever measured European extreme dewpoint-temperature

VaZoLa

Posted

Hi Everyone!

I'm looking for the European ever measured highest dew point temperature (in nature), and its location.

So I need a "European record" number, not "World record".

I've been spend a loads of time searching data on internet accordingly, without succes....

Zoltán

Posted

I've been searching, it seems hard to find the answer. Can't even find what it is for the UK but here are some countries mentioned on forums:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/weather/2112708-your-countrys-highest-recorded-dewpoint.html

https://forums.infoclimat.fr/f/topic/11816-record-absolue-de-la-température-du-point-de-rosée-dans-le-monde/

France 26-28C

Ireland (and British Isles) 23.8C

Sweden 23.8C

Germany ~24C

I'm sure somewhere in southern or eastern Europe could beat that. Anapa, Russia (on the Black Sea) looks like it can get pretty steamy in summer; seems to get 23C dewpoints quite regularly, 25 or 26 occasionally, looking through a few years on  Ogimet records it has recorded 34C air temperature with a 26C dewpoint (44C heat index).

Edited by Summer of 95
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Thank you very mutch!

I will looking up them as well.

So it seems that there is no such collected european data summary regarding dew point.

Anapa looks potential "winner", but Td28°C in France is suprising....

I thought continental climat can have the maximum between 20-25°C.

Thank you again,

but if someone could gather and share some other data regarding the topic, that would be greatfull as well.

• 2 years later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

There’s talk on the Italy thread of a possible new record of 30c in Southern Italy..been very humid in Italy this Summer.