Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

FED UP WITH JUST HEAT!

I think I live in an historically unlucky area for Thunderstorms!  I love them and fear them at the same time!

Not just where I live now, but just about everywhere I've lived. Thats Weymouth, Bournemouth, Torbay, Barnstaple and now Yeovil.

Had a few large storms, between these areas over the last 25 years, but its nothing compared to what the South East and north of there gets.

2 decent Thunderstorms in Torbay over a 11 year period, now they seem to get more regular there...2 or 3 times a year. 

Barnstaple was an exception,. 1 year of living there and nothing....just unlucky, as they normally get the start of what turns out to be regular big storms for nearby South Wales .

Weymouth is usually in the firing line for storms arriving from France, but they get the fringes of any storm. 

Bourmemouth, should see more, but still seems to see just a little more action than Weymouth.  Lived there for 5 years and saw 2 decent storms

ANYWHERE east or north of these area gets plenty, ALSO just lately, west of Taunton. Used to be just Cornwall that got some nasty storms.

THIS IS WHAT GETS ME MOST!......

Met Office who I trust more than anyone, show forecasts of Thundery weather approaching from France. Most of the Thundery rainfall forecast for the South East, is correct, 

Most of the same storms forecast to veer off towards Southern Ireland via Devon/Cornwall/South Wales are correct. 

SO WHY do they forecast a large lump of Thundery rain for Yeovil and south of, then change the forecast the day before to show WHAT IT ALWAYS DOES.....veer right in the English channel to anywhere east of I. O. Wight or left to anywhere left of Taunton?  AND WE THEN GET NOTHING!

THEY HAVE DONE THIS FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS, BUT STILL KEEP DOING IT!!!

I see the relief of a nice Thunderstorm forecast for my area, then have to remember theres a 90% chance we will see nothing again, just suffering the muggy heat as usual....

AND THATS WHY I'M FED UP!

P.S. ANY ideas on why theres a Y JUNCTION in the English channel for Thunderstorms???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
5 hours ago, GoGoLewis said:

Had a few large storms, between these areas over the last 25 years, but its nothing compared to what the South East and north of there gets.

i have lived in both the SW and SE of England and in my experience neither is more stormy than the other