Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm reports - Tuesday 14th September 2004

Paul

Posted

Hmmm, it appears I did not look at the date on the previous thread.

No thunder or lightning yet.

But it sure is stormy out there.

Lots of showers coming through on a very strong wind.

Posted

Right, a lot tp catch up here :)

Firstly, last night apparently there was a large flash of lightning and a rumble of thunder, according to my brother :D This happened at 9:15pm :D I didn't witness this myself because my curtains were closed and the strong winds sound probably covered the noise of the thunder :D

Then apparently, last night there was intense rain and lightning and thunder with too, according to my parents. After looking at the weatheronline radar, 03:30 only shows the real intense rain with a red graphic over us showing >16mm hr of rain. Yet I was probably in a deep sleep and didn't hear a thing :)

I woke up and left the house at 6:45am to do my paperound. There was a wall of dark cloud to my northwest and as I looked up I could see it heading this way. It was incredibly dark toward the northwest and I was sure if that come right over us we would see intense rain, with some thunder and lightning. So at around 7:05am, the intense rain came with some squally winds, as my paperpound is near the clifftop on the coast. It was probably a 5 or 10 minute downpur but I got soaked in the process. Soon after the sun was shining before yet more heavy showers came and went before 8:30am :D So an eventul few hours we had, even though I may have missed the action :D

Since then, it's been mainly sunshine all the way :D

Posted

I had plenty of thunderless lightning and a few near misses with thunder which shook caravan and caused pans to fall off shelves. I'm pretty sure it was Tuesday night, although the reports for the south suggest Monday night, I consumed a lot of alcohol and seeing as it won;t count anyway because it didnt occur in Burnley it didnt really matter.