Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Maplin Weather station N96GY (WH1081) display not working

Wstat

Posted
4 hours ago, Will Haryson said:

Hi all! I want to get some weather station to my farm. Need a small advice about that. Is any of these (https://www.bestadvisers.co.uk/weather-stations) are good?

Thank you!

I wouldn't go for the Netatmo they have quite bad reviews but any of the others look fine but i'd either go for the Youshiko or Bresser.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
On 11/11/2020 at 12:41, TomW said:

I wouldn't go for the Netatmo they have quite bad reviews but any of the others look fine but i'd either go for the Youshiko or Bresser.

Personally I would not choose any of those options.

Take a look at Froggit.de which will ship to the UK. Vastly more expandable.

There is also the master source at ww.ecowitt.com which sells the weather station kit direct from HK. 

Posted
9 hours ago, Mandrake said:

Personally I would not choose any of those options.

Take a look at Froggit.de which will ship to the UK. Vastly more expandable.

There is also the master source at ww.ecowitt.com which sells the weather station kit direct from HK. 

Neither would I but not everyone wants to spend a lot of money on a weather station, I decided to go for the Davis Vantage Pro2 and its been a solid reliable station with very little issues so far.

• 1 year later...
Posted
On 17/01/2020 at 14:12, Wstat said:

Yes I know good WS are £100+ but I am still not so keen to invest... I didn't look to buy WS, just saw this one accidentally .

Thanks everybody who tried to help me!

I got one like this too, for £10 from a nice local chap on Ebay. Apparently the batteries inside the Hygro/Temp/Transmitter unit run down in about a month. I've had a look and it seems the blue trimming capacitor on the circuit board has blown. Replacements are cheap, varied and plentiful but as it has no identifying marks on it and I can't find a circuit diagram I'm not sure which one to get, for now I've taken a different looking one out of an old temp/hygro unit and It seems to be working OK but if there is anyone here that has any info on the electronic components of the N96GY I would be very grateful.