4 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

This is a p**s take 

Screenshot_2021-01-02-21-27-31-56_263fc049ba7008d2f6712c9f9000dea9.jpg

Patience man!! It'll start up again any minute 

Posted
2 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

This is a p**s take 

Screenshot_2021-01-02-21-27-31-56_263fc049ba7008d2f6712c9f9000dea9.jpg

I feel you pain, how many times do we see this in bedworth. I just drove through corley rocks and there is about 2cms there.

I think our position on the warwickshire plane with the ridge of hills curving round nuneaton and joining up with the ridge at Corley must do something to funnel the snow away from here. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
11 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

To you guys I lost my father this year and he was like me, loved the weather and a musical artists/ ?‍?artists,  I miss him so, but at times like this when it’s snowing it brings things back....you know

Reminds you of good memories and magical times  

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, andy_leics22 said:

Patience man!! It'll start up again any minute 

It didn't leave much after passing through hinckley tbh. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Stratford once again missing out by a few miles at most. Sure we got a bit of snow earlier, but it didn't settle at all. Hopefully tonight delivers something slightly further East.

20210102_213810.thumb.jpg.a36306dc40cd418982b025b558ab4334.jpg

Posted
2 minutes ago, MKN said:

It didn't leave much after passing through hinckley tbh. 

Neither would I, if I passed through 'Inckleh!

I jest. I'm a Leicester boy, born and bred. Just wish Northampton had gotten in on the bloody action tonight though!

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Raining here now......absolute rubbish.......no hope for coming days either, it’s all too marginal...

Posted
1 hour ago, Summer of 95 said:

Not at the moment tbh, way too many people been going down there to find snow, even if you avoid catching it there's nowhere to park. Sticking to the north and west Shropshire spots I know, many of which are 150-200m so should be OK if it wasn't for the Shrewsbury weather effect. Maybe later tonight or next week or in Feb it might get breached like in 2017!

i can guarantee south shropshire spots where you wont see another person? Infact im struggling, aside from cardingmill, to think of anywhere that would be super busy?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

So we've hit the jackpot tonight, a few CM lying and some huge flakes. Very impressive from this shower which lasted approx an hour. Shame the temps tomorrow are 4c as this would be a lovely base layer for more next week.

IMG_20210102_214256.jpg

IMG_20210102_211435.jpg

Posted
1 minute ago, cyclonic happiness said:

god himself couldn't blanket this area in snow 

Do you remember the year when the whole country was covered in snow and on the satilite there was a 7 mile strip from nuneaton to coventry with no snow lol

Posted

Apologies  to those wh haven't received any snow    im sure your time will come but despite missing the main band  we have around 4 inch covering   in some places   

20210102_214717.jpg

20210102_214825.jpg

20210102_215117.jpg

20210102_215154.jpg

Edited by weirpig
  • Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, Matthew Gill said:

Do you remember the year when the whole country was covered in snow and on the satilite there was a 7 mile strip from nuneaton to coventry with no snow lol

yes, 2010

Posted

18z GFS is showing the sort of precip charts i was hoping to see for this coming Easterly. (More precip and more of which is snow) They only show mainly light precip atm but thats pretty standard gfs in this scenario, the actual will likely see fairly localised  areas hit with heavy showers and if your under a streamer type set up it could be fun. Lets hope the improvements continue.

• Like 1

Posted

Plenty of snow falling but it is too wet and not really sticking...almost sleety at times.  I suspect those with elevation in Herefordshire are doing well out of this though ie: towards Kington.

Posted

Been snowing for a while here in Redditch.  Not deep snow , but if it freezes tonight the roads could be tricky.  Have they gritted the roads ? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

There’s plenty of showers coming into Lincolnshire area so will have to wait and see how the night goes, will they reach here and will they be snow or sleet

Posted
Just now, MKN said:

18z GFS is showing the sort of precip charts i was hoping to see for this coming Easterly. (More precip and more of which is snow) They only show mainly light precip atm but thats pretty standard gfs in this scenario, the actual will likely see fairly localised  areas hit with heavy showers and if your under a streamer type set up it could be fun. Lets hope the improvements continue.

From experience, an Easterly almost always delivered for Leicester. Not sure how good it'll be for Northampton though. Would have to be more of a NE wind to bring snow showers here.