Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Another sunny day on the cards, low humidity and temperatures low 20s , next week looking very warm and dry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

After a lovely weekend, warm sunny days, nights cool with some dew/mizzle, it’s been a funny old day today.  Frequent large white and grey clouds, cooling breeze, but when clouds/breeze not around, pretty darned hot.  Doesn’t feel humid though.  However, veg garden needs deep water this evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

On days like this with hot sunshine, wall to wall blue sky and only a light breeze to ruffle the leaves on the trees, it’s very hard to imagine the very different weather that winter can bring.  Violent storms, days and days of torrential rain and temperatures only in single figures for weeks on end seem impossible when the weather is so fine and settled.  What a varied climate we do enjoy here - well, I say enjoy now, but not always…!   If only our summers could become permanently more settled and warm like this it would make up for our very wet and windy winters but I must be careful what I wish for….and grateful I don’t live in the desert which is south east England!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snowy winters, pleasently warm summers without the extremes
5 hours ago, snefnug said:

However, veg garden needs deep water this evening.

Yes, it seems gardeners are 'condemned' to hard labour for the rest of the week. Doesn't happen too often to get such a long run of 14/15 hours of daily sunshine  in August - whatever happened to good old dreary British holiday month with low cloud and drizzle all day? Gone on holiday, I suspect.

4 hours ago, Sky Full said:

I must be careful what I wish for….and grateful I don’t live in the desert which is south east England!

Absolutely, when our fortune finally changes I for once won't complain. The extent of these desert like conditions over most of Europe is astonishing. Even in Romania some monks were so desperate that they went into the fields and actively pray for rain. On my recent trip to Germany  I found nothing but parched soil and grain fields rather stunted and struggling.

We ought to indeed make the most of this week summery outlook before the change comes to more cloudy and cooler conditions that seems to firm up now for the beginning of next week. How much rain this may entail we will have to see. South Wales looks like it would benefit from it but how far north the showers travel i wouldn't dare to guess.

• Thanks 1

Posted

A calm and misty August morning in Pembrokeshire….

9AA866CB-B383-40E1-A76C-BCD2F7E537DD.thumb.jpeg.5a0aada8d0082f5a65ad9b6aecb69130.jpeg   C9348368-0F7D-4D77-A793-370E30B9125C.thumb.jpeg.efa945a90842ee3c088d57b3dce7b46f.jpeg

I cherish these beautiful days.

• Like 1

Posted

20220808_232112.thumb.jpg.f721062f41fd0fbea5c24d3963df9a80.jpg20220808_232217.thumb.jpg.42b7f641c4d202b79d5336e64077234d.jpg

The moon last night from my new phone..another hot sunny day...

current view

20220809_111036.thumb.jpg.316eb63d765fd4d8232f405947b5238f.jpg

• Thanks 1

Posted

MetOffice amber 'extreme heat' weather warning issued for some parts Wales for the next three days.

wales.jpeg
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

The latest Wales weather forecast. See the 5-day regional forecast and a long range national forecast up to 28 days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

I must admit, can't say im looking forward to potentially 30C+ for 4 days in a row, in addition to yesterdays and todays 27-29C and along with it warm nights again. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Double post *delete*

Edited by DeepSnow
Double posted

Posted
26 minutes ago, DeepSnow said:

I must admit, can't say im looking forward to potentially 30C+ for 4 days in a row, in addition to yesterdays and todays 27-29C and along with it warm nights again. 

Nope and BBC are going for temperatures not dropping below 21C on Friday and Saturday night

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Gorgeously cool, even slightly chilly morning here.  Bodes hot to 28c later, but once sun goes round Nantyr Hill about 5 it chills noticeably…. Which is nice.  Excused all client dog walks today, thankfully.

Posted

And chill - ish it did.  Warm enough for supper outside about 8;40pm, but needed ‘warmer  cardi’ ie long sleeved, and house is cool because. A) slate walls, b) single glazed sash windows on their top and bottom openings, c) curtains drawn all day on east facing windows, only 1 south facing window, blinds down all day.  Currently 19c, which given the 28c we reached today is a goodly drop.

Posted

Been hot today, reached 30C late afternoon, still 24C out and the house is a toasty 27C despite windows closed and curtains most the day. All now open to let the cooler (but still warm) air in. Roll on middle of next week so this heat next 4-5 days can be gone!

Posted

Lovely cool morning again currently 12c and cloudless sky.  Looks like peak temp for our area 30c today.

Posted

Low of 19.1C , it was cooler out of the city though around 15C in rural parts driving back last night. Looks to be another hot day with 30C likely once again.

Posted

It reached just over 33C at St Athen, the official station about 15mins drive from me yesterday, was about 32C in Barry and didn't go below 20C last night. Could be around 34C today, though im working in Cowbridge so probably a degree or 2 cooler here around 32C today. 

Hope we get some thunderstorms start of the week! Not seen a proper storm in a good few years now.

Posted

Hot.  It’s very hot.   Roof repairs starting today and the poor scaffolders have to work out in the blazing sun.  They don’t complain about it either.  I couldn’t do what they do in these conditions.  The temperatures next week might be as much as 10C cooler so the roofing contractor will have better conditions to work in but for once I’m hoping we don’t get any thunderstorms next week.   What I need now, selfishly, is another two weeks of dry weather…..

Edited by Sky Full

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snowy winters, pleasently warm summers without the extremes
2 hours ago, Sky Full said:

poor scaffolders have to work out in the blazing sun.

If you have slate on your roof then they will be handling hotplates in the afternoon on which they could fry eggs. The return to more pleasant temperatures seems guaranteed now but with the rainfall being largely convective in nature you might just miss the worst. I much prefer a fair few hours of persistent medium intensity rain over half an hour of black skies and a downpour so intense that the rain runs over the gutters and down the windows. Hope you all get what you wish for next week. Heading for 29C now after a low of 16C this morning and the blackberries still doing better then I feared at first with some really good spots producing some fine specimens. What we also have this year is an abundance of little yellow plums (mirabella) which i had no idea we had in the valley. They must have been planted when the nearby abandoned slate quarry was landscaped in the 70s along with a fair number of cherry trees but birds always have those first, even green.

• Thanks 1

Posted

Its currently 32.1C and 29C inside the house downstairs, probably 30/31 upstairs as the house is open plan. This is far to uncomfortable for me. I can't wait for Monday and next week in general for it to feel more comfortable.

• Like 1

Posted

Hot day today (c30) mitigated by less hot breeze.  Washing out on line and dried within the hour.  Splendid walk with the dog Norman up at the forestry at 6pm, nice tepid temperature.  Lovely balmy evening meant supper on the terrace.  Just come in now as it’s gone a bit cool and dark.

Belated wedding anniversary trip to Roman Wroxeter tomorrow for Roman army/life re-enactment.  Temps maxing at 33.  Glad I’m not a legionary in me gear, shield, weaponry….

• Like 1

Posted

It was still 22c at 4am this morning, there is a nice breeze out there though so hopefully it stays all day to oeg temps back 1-2 degrees today

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, DeepSnow said:

It was still 22c at 4am this morning, there is a nice breeze out there though so hopefully it stays all day to oeg temps back 1-2 degrees today

Dont think so, metoffice going for 33C for your area. 32C showing for here

Posted
30 minutes ago, Marcus_surfer said:

Dont think so, metoffice going for 33C for your area. 32C showing for here

We need to go abroad to cool down 😂😭

• Like 2

Posted

Certainly a night to remember! Went to the beach at Dinas Dinlle to watch the full Super Moon rise over the Nantlle Ridge. Most memorable was the red glow appearing over the ridge just prior to Mister Moon sticking his head very slowly out. Didn't catch sight of any meteors though. Temp actually went up during that time from 21C to 24C as the breeze had picked up and mixed the inversion layer up in the process. By now, very few places to hide from the heat, only our front rooms with thick slate walls offering relief. Just hope the Welsh rivers won't suffer the same fate like the Loire or the Rhine.