Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
2 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

Colder air moving into NI front  approaching  Ni precipation snow.Screenshot_20201227-170931_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b0951209fa1e9b5269ab2eb568e18062.jpg

Screenshot_20201227-164437_Chrome.jpg

Keep an eye for surprises, those who are in W Wales

• Like 1

Posted

I can confirm that the showers moving over West to East at the moment are certainly wintry, sleet at the moment but a lot of Wet Snowflakes mixed in so early as well, before the wind veers NWSTly and more organised precipitation later. I have a strong feeling about snow in Wales overnight/tomorrow. Moving from there, looks like things will get colder and colder as the week progresses as well

Edited by Cymro
  • Like 1

Posted
30 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

What's everyone's predictions on snow amounts overnight?

Jay concerning buying radar I wouldn't. I talked to J1 years ago..,there's  a big blank area over the Irish sea which is no good for us in Wales.Watch the front disappear as it ireland lol.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow
3 hours ago, pascalsbongo said:

Andymusic  

Greatest weather forecaster Wales has ever seen.

Winter !

Not been in here since the beast that failed to deliver for Swansea .

Still waiting to make a proper snowman in Swansea with my daughter who is now 6.

Hope your well Andy .

Great to see your still here .

i was bought up in Swansea back in the 1970's and early 80's and only had one proper snowfall in all those years.  Swansea is definately not the ideal place to live if you want snow.  I moved to London and the east of England and saw more snow in my 30 years there then i ever could have hoped to see in swansea.  To add to the misery, the nearest place to here that would get snow is the Brecon Beacons and we can't even take a drive there now because of the lockdown.  I hope this snowfest scenario doesnt happen this year to be honest.

Posted
1 minute ago, keithlucky said:

Jay concerning buying radar I wouldn't. I talked to J1 years ago..,there's  a big blank area over the Irish sea which is no good for us in Wales.Watch the front disappear as it ireland lol.

Ah thanks for letting me know, I did subscribe to it in 2010 when we had alot of snow. I've got a good feeling about tonight.

Posted
8 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Ah thanks for letting me know, I did subscribe to it in 2010 when we had alot of snow. I've got a good feeling about tonight.

Maybe wind lol

Posted

Although Marginal, we in Wales couldn't have hoped for better timing really for the precipitation from the low to hit us over night, sometimes that's all that it can take between rain and snow  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Right.  Tea drinking time now over,  cooking and glass of wine time.  Just popped outside to get some rosemary and it’s..... raining. Not even cold rain, or hard, or any other type of meaningful precipitation, just good, fine, mizzly rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow
6 minutes ago, snefnug said:

Right.  Tea drinking time now over,  cooking and glass of wine time.  Just popped outside to get some rosemary and it’s..... raining. Not even cold rain, or hard, or any other type of meaningful precipitation, just good, fine, mizzly rain.

I've just been outside to and doesn't feel very cold at all here, showers have been all rain so far but it gets a lot colder as the night goes on 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Good luck to everyone tonight hoping to see a bit of snow, far from a perfect setup but high res models showing snow falling over North, Mid and upland parts of south wales. 

Last time I had a covering of snow here in Swansea was 2013 and i dont see that changing tonight. Normally a trip up the mountain would be in order but it looks like ill have to settle on looking out the window towards the Brecon Beacons 

Edited by SnowStorm(Jamie)
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Temp risen to 3.8c and raining, lets hope it drops a bit as the night goes on! 

Posted

Nothing low down ... just not going to be cold enough .

No chance on the sea front in Swansea but way up in the Tycoch / Townhill mountain region they still believe that winter exists ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...
2 hours ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

What's everyone's predictions on snow amounts overnight?

Got to be honest - chances of me seeing lying snow in Pembrokeshire tomorrow is pretty low.  Maybe a couple of cms on the top of the Preselis but under about 200m asl will probably be rain.  Won’t stop me looking for it though....    ❄️ ❄️

• Thanks 1

Posted
53 minutes ago, jessmum said:

Nice to see some familiar names here, another Brynna bod here. Fingers crossed for a bit of festive whiteness overnight!

Llanharan here I go running up round brynna

Posted
53 minutes ago, foggybrynna said:

I'd love it to snow here

Rain in Ireland has now turned to heavy snow !

Screenshot_20201227-192335_Chrome.jpg

Edited by keithlucky
Error