Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Been some more good skies again today. Cloud burst here right now too!

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Cloud, Cumulus, Weather, Grass, Azure Sky, Field, Grassland Could contain: Grass, Plant, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Weather, Field, Grassland, Lawn

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

Stunning morning on the Wolds, bright sunshine and clear blue skies, sat in the garden in a T-shirt having a brew, glorious!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days
12 hours ago, Wold Topper said:

Stunning morning on the Wolds, bright sunshine and clear blue skies, sat in the garden in a T-shirt having a brew, glorious!

Yes it was 👍🏼

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Horizon, Scenery, Landscape, Grassland, Azure Sky, Ground, Land

spot of rain coming in now but can’t complain 😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, RebsAbbo said:

Yes it was 👍🏼

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Horizon, Scenery, Landscape, Grassland, Azure Sky, Ground, Land

spot of rain coming in now but can’t complain 😊

It was nice enough this A.M to bring the 'other' car out from storage for little warm up around the village! Typically raining now, after i gave the daily car a good clean this aft, 🙄

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days
1 hour ago, Wold Topper said:

It was nice enough this A.M to bring the 'other' car out from storage for little warm up around the village! Typically raining now, after i gave the daily car a good clean this aft, 🙄

😆 typical! Still, it’ll be muddy again by tomorrow 😏

I’m loving my ‘sand’ coloured car now…..mud tones down the oompa lumpa shade 😂

Edited by RebsAbbo

Posted

After a nice day for most of yesterday today seems to be downhill

Lunchtime was grey with light rain, not enough to get soaked, winds were at least light, force 2-3 SW and temps of 10c.

• Like 2

Posted

Well, that b****y wind is back today, force 5-7 SW at lunchtime. Sun was out, not cold, 13c but once out of the shelter of the village yet again made hard work of my daily ride.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

A nice day here not a windy though with winds gusting up to 30 mph so not really windy.

Posted

Today has been lovely, blue skies & plenty of sun, breezy but nothing untoward - a great day for gardening.

A first of the season - sun has been warm enough for the patio doors to be open all day!  

Could contain: Plant, Living Room, Couch, Chair, Dog, Bench, Housing, Patio, Door, Bird

Too tired last night to post, but this was yesterday’s band of raincloud that sat across E. Yorks around teatime…

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Horizon, Weather, Cloud, Cumulus, Scenery, Road, Grass

• Like 3

Posted

We have mammatus clouds 🤗🤗🤗🤗

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Sky, Animal, Bird, Plant, Tree, Flying, Scenery    Could contain: Outdoors, Shelter, Nature, Hut, Neighborhood, Housing, Roof, Sky, Weather, Car   Could contain: Architecture, Building, House, Housing, Roof, Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Tile Roof, Shelter

• Like 2

Posted

Double rainbow here

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Building, Shelter, Rainbow, Neighborhood, Housing, House, Roof

• Like 5

Posted
4 hours ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Humber Bridge had a 30mph speed limit on it earlier due to high winds. Blowy here in Cheshire but clearly not as windy as in Yorkshire. Mike - I wish you well with your cycle ride today! 

And considering it’s a SWly, it’s blooming cold - gave me headache on this morning’s walk!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Amazing mammatus clouds here just now after a shower! Rainbow under them too 😎🤩

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Weather, Cloud, Cumulus, PersonCould contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Weather, Cloud, Cumulus, Rainbow

• Like 3

Posted
6 hours ago, A Face like Thunder said:

I wish you well with your cycle ride today! 

It had dropped a lot here when I went out at about 1pm. Still annoying but not impossible. SW force 4-6 temps 12c, sun was out but shower clouds were around but left me alone.

• Like 1

Posted

Yesterday was nice at lunchtime, cold but sunny, and winds NW Force 3-4. Temps 6c. Today started with a red sky, and now its clouded over with rain forecast. Winds now SW

• Like 1

Posted

A pleasant change of wind warmth today, 14c, mostly cloud but with sun breaking through at times. A nice spring day. Shame I had to make the most of yesterday though for gardening, in the cold & frequent light rain, as today I’m busy with other things 🤷🏼‍♀️

A band of cloud this morning on my walk, with some whisps of clouds aspiring to be twisters🌪️?? Trying hard is all I can say 😌

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Horizon, Cloud, Cumulus, Weather, Azure Sky, Scenery, Grass

Edited by RebsAbbo
  • Like 2

Posted

Slightly different view for me this evening, dont get views like this in East Yorkshire 🤔

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Field, Grassland, Grass, Car, Scenery, Countryside, Tree, Hill

• Like 3

Posted

Foggy for most of the day here, with a lazy easterly wind backing NE. Fog lifted around tea time to be replaced by light rain. Lunchtime bike ride required lights, couldn't see the windsock at Grindale airfield but would estimate wind force 4. Temps around 8c all day.

• Like 2

Posted

A lovely day at lunchtime, sunshine, winds SE force 3-5. Temps around 10c, quite cool out of the sun but I dont mind the cold, its the wind thats a pain when cycling.

This morning there was a ground frost, grass frosted and Mrs Mike57 said car windscreen was frozen. Looks like a couple of fine days.

• Like 1

Posted

Headed over to Whitby today for the first time this year and what a cracking day it's been. I think we're going to pay for it tonight though and I've got my de-icer with me ready for tomorrow. Pocklington was apparently the coldest spot in the UK last night and it wouldn't surprise me if somewhere in NY repeats it tonight.. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Headed over to Whitby today for the first time this year and what a cracking day it's been. I think we're going to pay for it tonight though and I've got my de-icer with me ready for tomorrow. Pocklington was apparently the coldest spot in the UK last night and it wouldn't surprise me if somewhere in NY repeats it tonight.. 

Weather stations local to me reporting around -4c last night, car was still frozen over at 8am, cracking day tho today with bright sunshine although the breeze is a tad chilly, temps dropping away now after dark under a clear sky..

Edited by Wold Topper
  • Like 2