Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

It was already -6c at a couple of spots in Dales at 5pm this evening.

Couple of my sheltered hollows didn't get above -2c today which is quite impressive for what I would call a fairly mediocre cold spell.

All high ground (300m +) is holding onto snow cover quite nicely across the region but I think the "milder air" coming in from the North today may erode this somewhat.

I'm hoping the EC follows the UKMO with some sub -8c 850mb temps for a time next  early next week which would increase the chances of some snow to lower levels.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

BINGO. This is what we need to aim for for early next week, nothing marginal based on EC at 120hrs.

No downgrades please,

Regards, Vizzy

spacer.png spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Posted

Snow o so close, shame it looks like it's going to die just before reaching my doorstep :(.

Just shows ya guys had this precipitation been heavy like forecasted 1/2 days ago would have been all snow! Temperature -2.4c here in Otley.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)
11 minutes ago, Harsh Climate said:

Snow o so close, shame it looks like it's going to die just before reaching my doorstep :(.

Just shows ya guys had this precipitation been heavy like forecasted 1/2 days ago would have been all snow! Temperature -2.4c here in Otley.

Yeah the radar is agonising. It's hardly moved for ages but slowly dyeing.

The band above it looks stronger and goes more out into the North sea so with luck it should still catch us all even if on a SW path... Hopefully snow! ?️

• Like 1

Posted
24 minutes ago, Winter Cold said:

Yeah the radar is agonising. It's hardly moved for ages but slowly dyeing.

The band above it looks stronger and goes more out into the North sea so with luck it should still catch us all even if on a SW path... Hopefully snow! ?️

Yeah looks about dead, like you say hopefully those showers can get us. Although mild sector incoming lol.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Long hot summers,cold winters with plenty of snow.

Just let the dog out, hard frost not lifted all day ,and it's raining slightly must be lethal out there! 

Happy new year to everyone!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

Nice 

Screenshot_20201231_213643.jpg

Posted
6 minutes ago, joggs said:

Light snow in Bingley 81m absl.

What do we reckon if showers reach us?

I'm at 190m in east Morton and it looks and sounds like a mix of snow and hail as it hits surfaces.

Posted
18 minutes ago, Summer18 said:

Rain in Guiseley yet it’s currently -2, Just went out to get some beers from the garage and almost froze to death! 

Crazy must be the warm uppers aloft, -0.9c here with very light rain/ice. Maybe freezing on certain surfaces?

• Like 1

Posted
52 minutes ago, joggs said:

Light snow in Bingley 81m absl.

What do we reckon if showers reach us?

Probably be rain if were getting that now. Temperature up to -0.7c now, obviously with heavy showers the cloud would be thicker so that would raise the temperature even more.

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Harsh Climate said:

If we were to get -8 / -9 uppers surely that would mean snow for all! No rain.

And also it means bigger convection! All South Easters talking about Thames streamer but there could loads for us with surprises!

• Like 2

Posted

Just been on mod thread and dared to question the 850s and the pub run being a joke and surprise.............2 posts removed.

To have posts approved on there you either have to talk up cold chances or agree with some big hitters. Not posting in there again. Mods are pathetic.

Edited by joggs
  • Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Craigers said:

And also it means bigger convection! All South Easters talking about Thames streamer but there could loads for us with surprises!

Yeah I reckon so. Beauty is though, once showers are all snow doesn't take long to get good accumulations, especially through the night. If we do get -8 uppers or colder monday ~ wednesday that is a very large window of opportunity to get good accumulations once the balance is tipped in our favour.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Harsh Climate said:

Yeah I reckon so. Beauty is though, once showers are all snow doesn't take long to get good accumulations, especially through the night. If we do get -8 uppers or colder monday ~ wednesday that is a very large window of opportunity to get good accumulations once the balance is tipped in our favour.

There's a longer track with the flow being North East so little bands of showers like February 2009 could appear by surprise. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All seasons veteran of the 1981 winter

I reckon snow on high ground and away from the coast say 5 miles inland away from immediate eastern coasts. Mainly at night

Its certainly not as cold as I thought it was going to be.

If I'm honest I'm a little disappointed by the projected set up.

Posted
4 minutes ago, joggs said:

Just been on mod thread and dared to question the 850s and the pub run being a joke and surprise.............2 posts removed.

To have posts approved on there you either have to talk up cold chances or agree with some big hitters. Not posting in there again. Mods are pathetic.

Lets see what happens next week.  I’m looking forward to the “epic”, “historic”, “charts of beauty”, “Boom!”,”snow fest” etc!

• Like 3