Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

It definitely feels cold outside this evening. The weather station is reading 2.3  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow
20 minutes ago, Donegal said:

Long period of snow for me if this is to be believed 

Euro4 model showing this precipitation hitting donegal coast approx midnight and crossing all Ulster then dropping south. Our locations look to be the best bet for timing and intensity of precipitation.  Appears to fizzle out and break up as it moves down through the country. 

Posted

Very light graupel earlier but didn't lay. Temp is 0.9c. very hopeful to see some laying snow Thursday morning.

Posted

@Donegal met Eireann have the precipitation moving in earlier tonight around 8pm for you. Temps shown indicate that we could be seeing some white stuff. Just watched the met office forecast and they are clearly showing snow for higher ground and even mentioned high liklihood of snow to low levels too across Ireland.

MO_Master_W.jpg
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Met Office 5 day weather forecast map for UK including weather warnings, temperature, rain, wind speed, cloud, and pressure.

Posted

There you are...snow and ice warning issued for all of NI

Screenshot_20210106-112009_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
29 minutes ago, ronan said:

I am pretty hopeful for a few cms tonight. Think I'll take a run to some higher ground tomorrow morning for a good walk in the snow 

I do hope so Ronan but trying to temper my expectations that we are on the edge of when it's rain and snow up here when fronts move in 

Edited by na52

Posted
28 minutes ago, na52 said:

I do hope so Ronan but trying to temper my expectations that we are on the edge of when it's rain and snow up here when fronts move in 

Aye we can only hope. If we do get any then it could stick around for a few days. Especially the hills anyway. 

• Like 1

Posted

Incredible day out. Cold crisp and clear. Temp up to 2.1c. hopefully be sub zero before the front arrives tonight so will be a major bust if we don't see laying snow, however little.

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, ronan said:

Here it comes. Doesn't look impressive at all. Lol. Not be long till we find out but 

Screenshot_20210106_150452.jpg

Looking on the sat24 I would say the main percip is not on radar yet (he says hopefully)

Screenshot_20210106-151806.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Ha of you put the animation on the radar you can see showers moving east to west across Wales , a streamer in the Irish sea moving north to south and then the front coming down from northwest moving east .....complicated and cool to look at 

Posted

Yeah it seems radar coverage cuts off about 50 miles off the Donegal coast. Id imagine the precipitation band stretches out the way we can see off the.coast of Scotland. It seems to be moving in quicker than anticipated. 

Everywhere is still totally frozen here, snow will lie immediately, looking forward to the radar and lamppost watching. If this was SE England the NW servers would be crashing about now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

I was outside earlier to fill in a couple of holes on the lawn where I put up a swing set and the ground was frozen hard. Unless the temperature rises any precipitation has to be at least frozen. 

• Like 1

Posted
44 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

Yeah it seems radar coverage cuts off about 50 miles off the Donegal coast. Id imagine the precipitation band stretches out the way we can see off the.coast of Scotland. It seems to be moving in quicker than anticipated. 

Everywhere is still totally frozen here, snow will lie immediately, looking forward to the radar and lamppost watching. If this was SE England the NW servers would be crashing about now.

SNOWMAGEDDEN!!! Shops cleared out etc

• Like 2

Posted
11 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

SNOWMAGEDDEN!!! Shops cleared out etc

That's just Brexit and Covidagedden. 

I'm now living with a higher elevation in the snow line I used to look at. 

This vid was from a few days ago. Can't remember which one. Post Christmas fog. 

Edited by Baltic Regions
  • Like 5

Posted
29 minutes ago, Baltic Regions said:

That's just Brexit and Covidagedden. 

I'm now living with a higher elevation in the snow line I used to look at. 

This vid was from a few days ago. Can't remember which one. Post Christmas fog. 

Nice one Baltic, great to see you posting again as well

• Thanks 1