Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Iphone and radar

Cookie

Posted

Hello, 

I know there was mention a while back of an iPhone app for the netweather paid radar subscription. Is that something that is available or in the process of being developed? 

I had the free one for years until it stopped working. I used home and dry now and its fine but not what I am used to with Netweather. 

Thanks. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

hi Cookie, I was going to suggest in the meantime try 'Raintoday' which works on iphone but when I went to find details for you it seems that is going to be discontinued soon.  Shame as it is (presently) what i rely on for free on the google phone. Good luck (-;

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
On 04/09/2021 at 15:32, cookie said:

Hello, 

I know there was mention a while back of an iPhone app for the netweather paid radar subscription. Is that something that is available or in the process of being developed? 

I had the free one for years until it stopped working. I used home and dry now and its fine but not what I am used to with Netweather. 

Thanks. 

If you paid for Netweather Extra, couldn't you use the V8 radar and then install it as a web app?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
On 04/09/2021 at 16:50, cookie said:

How would one do that? 

WWW.NETWEATHER.TV

In my desktop browser's address bar, an icon appears saying an app is available, as well as a banner at the bottom. It then installs as a progressive web app. The same thing occurs on mobile devices too. 
It's a far better radar!

Posted

If you visit the V8 in Safari you should see an on screen prompt for installing it as an app. But put short, if you go to the share menu and select add to home screen, it'll install 

More info here

Progressive-Web-Apps-007.jpg
WWW.IDOWNLOADBLOG.COM

Based on modern web technologies, Progressive Web Apps combine features offered by most modern browsers …

Posted
4 hours ago, Paul said:

If you visit the V8 in Safari you should see an on screen prompt for installing it as an app. But put short, if you go to the share menu and select add to home screen, it'll install 

More info here

Progressive-Web-Apps-007.jpg
WWW.IDOWNLOADBLOG.COM

Based on modern web technologies, Progressive Web Apps combine features offered by most modern browsers …

Thank you so much this is epic 

• Like 2

Posted

Also just for info - for those who aren't subscribers, we do have a new free app in the app store for iOS - just search for netweather radar and it should be there. Same applies on Android. Plus of course, there is the web version here:

380radar2.jpg
WWW.NETWEATHER.TV

Live weather radar for the UK including weather type to track whether rain, sleet or snow is falling. Updated every 5 minutes.