Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Now 15.4C and peeing down. 

• Like 2

Posted

From a min of 12.0C to 13.3C currently it is a little bit mild n wet at shuggee Towers.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

It’s a rainy day but mild and pretty calm. Not an ideal day to be out and about, so I’m not.

High temperature was 15.0⁰C at 11:16 up from a low of 12.3⁰C at 05:02 and currently 14.6⁰C, humidity is 91%, wind generally 2 to 7mph south-southwesterly with a max gust of 14mph at 00:22, pressure is 1003.0hPa steady, it’s pouring right now with 11.4mm having fallen today and 15.2mm in the last 24 hours, and cloud cover is a thick 8/8 making for a very dull day.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Greetings all! Can't remember the last time we had a dry day here. Was it last week?  Anyhoo, we are back to the usual slight dampness that we always get this time of year. Emptied rain gauge yesterday, 45mm of rain in previous 24 hours. Emptied it again this morning, 47mm this time. Any advance on 47mm oot there? Something tells me there will be much higher totals than that over the next 24 hours. Extremely mild again. Longing for a bit of clear sky and some frost. Nothing doing any time soon I reckon. Hope no-one gets flooded oot! Stay safe! ?️

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

From a shower at the start of the week, can see some of the rain shaft too20211025_161343.thumb.jpg.e4a402f5c900368737cd92978944c730.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

Well, it turned out that I had to go to the shops, which meant taking to the new river network we have here, where the roads used to be. It rained heavily throughout my trip and we’re now up to 25.4mm of rainfall today, or a inch, as Jacob Blocked-Bog would say. Meanwhile pressure is now at 1000.0hPa and dropping like a shopping trolley off a canal bridge, and it’s getting really quite dark. Oh joy.

• Like 3

Posted

Rain has eased a bit but that was very heavy for a few hours. Plenty of puddles. Be surprised if there wasn't some flooding. I know roads are completely awash

• Like 1

Posted

Reached an impressive 17c at Leuchars before the rain set in. Felt warm out of the breeze. Overnight minimum was 12.8c here in Pittenweem. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer
11 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Take care anyone down there:

928708748_Screenshot_20211027-112606_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.e36ee1e436561b732b0c0f25ac3bbb9b.jpg1208034433_Screenshot_20211027-112727_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.6f6334fbbd95208ea02b6d328995c792.jpg1550594837_Screenshot_20211027-112708_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.c8630c8153de78d0fa18d591338d1f7b.jpg

Some rain today, still pouring and hours more to come. I’m a little West of the Amber but not by much, a tropical feel for late October at 15c

• Like 3

Posted
11 hours ago, mistyqueen said:

Greetings all! Can't remember the last time we had a dry day here. Was it last week?  Anyhoo, we are back to the usual slight dampness that we always get this time of year. Emptied rain gauge yesterday, 45mm of rain in previous 24 hours. Emptied it again this morning, 47mm this time. Any advance on 47mm oot there? Something tells me there will be much higher totals than that over the next 24 hours. Extremely mild again. Longing for a bit of clear sky and some frost. Nothing doing any time soon I reckon. Hope no-one gets flooded oot! Stay safe! ?️

Not quite. 44.8mm of rain so far today with a rate of fall currently at 1.8mm/hr, so not likely to even make 45mm.

• Like 2

Posted

Oh my - I have never seen anything this bad before in relation to floods. Three of my four local roads are closed - cars littered around hazards flashing. In taking Finn the collie to doggy day care I encountered the main A701 and the burn had merged into a fast flowing river, driving speed at 15mph. A good 40m flood at a depth of over 0.5m on another stretch and panicked looking faces on motorists. But lorry drivers having a right laugh!! Normal journey time 14mins, today it took 32... Stay safe if you're in the zone!!

• Like 7

Posted

The rain has reduced to a constant drizzle, thankfully, as most of the roads surrounding the village are flooded with some impassable, although not to the Land Rover obviously. The wind has also dropped and the temperature is still on the mild side, leaving the day feeling dank and dismal.

Temperature high was 12.7⁰C at 05:15 up from the low of 11.6⁰C at 00:53 and now 11.8⁰C, humidity is 94%, wind 1 to 5mph southerly, pressure is 997.1hPa steady, there’s been 6.2mm of rain today and 42.4mm in the last 24 hours, and cloud cover is 8/8 again, which is getting a tad tedious.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Don’t have a rainfall gauge but if I did the totals would be very sexy. Rain just has not stopped

I live near the river (lucky up a fair hill), where that video is I run past. There is a path beside the river usually so the water has risen about 10 feet or so almost engulfing the rowing club.

Fun to watch how rapidly large logs and branches flow down.

Further down the river meets the sea and becomes tidal (only river in Scotland to have a caul I think) so severe flooding expected about 5pm but this does occur multiple times a year.

223BE36D-0331-4446-879A-623FA46A80EB.jpeg

Edited by SW Saltire
  • Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, SW Saltire said:

Don’t have a rainfall gauge but if I did the totals would be very sexy. Rain just has not stopped

The SEPA river level gauge a mile or two downstream from Moffat had the Upper Annan at 97% of its highest ever recorded level (December 2015) a wee while ago. Textbook orographic enhancement throughout this rainfall event, with the rain radar here on netweather looking exactly like a topographic map !

• Like 7

Posted

Well what do we have here! It looks like that strange orange globe called the Sun is trying to make a appearance! After all the rain shocker!

• Like 4

Posted

SEPA have rebuilt their network and got their laptops back working then?!

Good to see!

• Like 1

Posted

SEPA 36 hour raingauge totals to today 29/0900

Garls Craig          100.8                                      Craigdarroch          82.4

Brockhoperig     100.6                                      Newtonairds          78.2

Moffat                   86.2                                      Eliock                       77.2

Unthank               84.8                                      Meadowfoot           73.8

Dalbeattie            84.6                                      Corsock                   73.6

All data courtesy SEPA

• Like 5

Posted

View from the garden this afternoon. That's half a mile to the established river course at the foot of the hill opposite... 

PXL_20211028_111400840.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Some very heavy bursts of rain in Glasgow tonight.

• Like 1