Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Government's New Net Zero Strategy By 2050

Skullzrulerz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Cold, Very Snowy

20 years ago I had a successful plastics engineering business supplying some of the world's leading companies such as Schneider Electric,  ABB, GE and Tefal. In the space of 12 months we lost 80 percent of our business to China and were forced to close. The Chinese prices were lower than the power element alone of our costs . My point, power supply and pricing is critical and fossil fuels will remain cheaper for years to come.  If Russia,  China   India etc are not on board we will be in very difficult place.

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Quicksilver1989 said:

Not if the benefits of new technologies outweigh the old and we reallign our economy towards something better long term. Like I said our economy is doomed the way things are anyway. Change the fundamentals of the economy however and other things will change.

You're assuming fossil fuels equate to automatic wealth which isn't true. Just because that is where the money has flowed in the past doesn't mean that's where it will in the future. Are we really held to ransom by a few fossil fuel overlords?

Not fossil fuels overlords but possibly fossil fuel nations many of whom also control the resources we need for net zero. In my mind China will dominate the world in my life time and I am 54. I'm am not against net zero BUT we are at a tipping point  not just the much mentioned climate one but in terms of the balance of world power. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snowy Winters, Hot Thundery Summers
6 hours ago, Climate Man said:

Not fossil fuels overlords but possibly fossil fuel nations many of whom also control the resources we need for net zero. In my mind China will dominate the world in my life time and I am 54. I'm am not against net zero BUT we are at a tipping point  not just the much mentioned climate one but in terms of the balance of world power. 

I think whether we go to fossil fuels or not, China will still be the world superpower.... and its not as if China isn't investing in renewables themselves...

Sao-Simao-reservoir-lighter.jpg
WWW.CARBONBRIEF.ORG

China is by far the largest force in global clean energy development and its firms are increasingly looking abroad for opportunities, a new report says.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

The Biggest Hypocrisy is from the Protagonists that Scream do what I say and not do as I do...The Royal Family , David Attenborough to name just a few....If there was a Graph to illustrate their Pollution It would be at the top of the graph. We are being scaremongering to the hilt , they have had a good Life on Fossel fuels and now they demonise democracy. .......

• Like 2

Posted
15 hours ago, Quicksilver1989 said:

I think whether we go to fossil fuels or not, China will still be the world superpower.... and its not as if China isn't investing in renewables themselves...

Sao-Simao-reservoir-lighter.jpg
WWW.CARBONBRIEF.ORG

China is by far the largest force in global clean energy development and its firms are increasingly looking abroad for opportunities, a new report says.

Problem they will sell the technology abroad for massive profit.  Will they use it themselves....to an extent yes but they will always put their country first.  This is not bad attitude necessarily. It is all about balance. China is currently walking the line economically very well and the west could learn from it. As I said before,  not saying net zero is bad, even climate deniers must realise that resources are finite.  It is all about transition management. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather, thunderstorms, snow
0411_DEFORESTATION_LEAD_trans_NvBQzQNjv4
WWW.TELEGRAPH.CO.UK

Drax's 'green fuel', which is made from wood pellets, produces more carbon than coal, scientists warn

Paywalled

drax-cooling-tower-looking-up.jpg?width=
WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Exclusive: Drax’s Yorkshire power plant has emissions roughly equal to that of Ghana, analysis claims

Free older article to give the gist

It’s a bit difficult to swallow the narrative of “we should all do our bit” when you see this hypocrisy…

After all, isn’t it a “code red” for the climate right now? How long will it take for the saplings to re-uptake all the carbon released by the mature trees they’re replacing?…..assuming they’re genuinely being replaced. How much of the Amazon is going up in smoke in the UK….

Posted
On 05/11/2021 at 11:30, Mixer 85 said:
0411_DEFORESTATION_LEAD_trans_NvBQzQNjv4
WWW.TELEGRAPH.CO.UK

Drax's 'green fuel', which is made from wood pellets, produces more carbon than coal, scientists warn

Paywalled

drax-cooling-tower-looking-up.jpg?width=
WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Exclusive: Drax’s Yorkshire power plant has emissions roughly equal to that of Ghana, analysis claims

Free older article to give the gist

It’s a bit difficult to swallow the narrative of “we should all do our bit” when you see this hypocrisy…

After all, isn’t it a “code red” for the climate right now? How long will it take for the saplings to re-uptake all the carbon released by the mature trees they’re replacing?…..assuming they’re genuinely being replaced. How much of the Amazon is going up in smoke in the UK….

Absolutely agree. Been wary about this for some time.  It may be possible to class it as renewable but it certainly will not help with Net Zero. Not to mention the thirsty diesel freighters bringing it here. 

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
Posted

One of the many brilliant solutions to the ever changing tipping point that makes sense to the AGWs of the world  .   

3872.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

The Northern Ireland Assembly’s first climate act will require the farming sector to reach net-zero carbon emissions by 2050

Edited by Wheezer
More info

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
23 minutes ago, Wheezer said:

One of the many brilliant solutions to the ever changing tipping point that makes sense to the AGWs of the world  .   

3872.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

The Northern Ireland Assembly’s first climate act will require the farming sector to reach net-zero carbon emissions by 2050

It doesn't make sense to me, Wheezer: IMO, carbon-neutral food-production is a chimera; carbon capture needs be carried-out by others, using technology we already have?

• Like 2

Posted

There is only one winner in this situation, the company which makes electric cars, renewable energy, etc which when you wittel it down is about as green as diesel fumes. Don't worry Mr Jo Moneymaking will be on the end of the conveyer belt rubbing his hands in £50 notes

Posted
12 minutes ago, ANYWEATHER said:

There is only one winner in this situation, the company which makes electric cars, renewable energy, etc which when you wittel it down is about as green as diesel fumes. Don't worry Mr Jo Moneymaking will be on the end of the conveyer belt rubbing his hands in £50 notes

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Considering all the wild animals we've driven to extintion or to greatly reduced the numbers I doubt cows and sheep add very much to the co2 levels compaired to years gone by when great herds of bison for example would roam the american land.. Perhaps we ought to start reducing the number of humans instead. Of course if we weren't at top of the pyramid a higher intellligence would have culled us over covid.

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Considering all the wild animals we've driven to extintion or to greatly reduced the numbers I doubt cows and sheep add very much to the co2 levels compaired to years gone by when great herds of bison for example would roam the american land.. Perhaps we ought to start reducing the number of humans instead. Of course if we weren't at top of the pyramid a higher intellligence would have culled us over covid.

I think you'll find that modern intensive farming methods have very little in common with naturally evolved ecosystems, PIT. Natural ecosystems in which the vagaries of climate and interspecies competition (birds, locusts) all conspired to maintain herd-size to either side of their habitat's natural carrying capacity.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Actually looking at the figures the loss of wild bison is matched by the number of cows on the lower end so any extra co2 would be due to the way they are reared. A change of farming could cancel that out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
22 hours ago, The PIT said:

Actually looking at the figures the loss of wild bison is matched by the number of cows on the lower end so any extra co2 would be due to the way they are reared. A change of farming could cancel that out.

as there were no more than 100 million bison across the world top end estimate and there are currently 70 billion farm animals..cows, sheep, pigs etc then i would say no 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow
On 23/05/2022 at 18:38, The PIT said:

Bison apparently emit less CO2 than cattle. https://buffalobillfoldcompany.com/american-bison-cattle-emissions/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

Let's see if my latest factual post gets censored because it doesn't promote the self contradictory narrative that Manmade Climate change will cause runaway warming and/or total disaster unless the UK hits net zero and all the terrible fallout and increased poverty caused by this is put in place with great haste.

Apparently not agreeing with the false premise the UK has already hit 40C because a GFS run said so in support of AGW activism is a no go but stating it as so is legitimate and scientific.

The atmosphere is around 0.04% Co2 

Manmade Co2 is estimated around 3% of that max, so around 0.001% of atmosphere (0.0012)

The UK is responsible for less than 1% of global manmade Co2 so around 0.00001% of atmosphere.

That is UK is currently responsible for atmospheric Co2 of around one part in ten million (1 in 10,000,000) of atmosphere.

And we are being told that unless that 1 part in 10,000,000 becomes 0 then the end of the world is nigh.

The amount of impoverishment and suffering net zero is already causing is off the scale and so called green energies  still account for much less than 50% of our power requirements.

Where is the discussion on on this?

Why is there no debate upon how and why Western civilisation is going into a neo feudalistic poverty induced oppression while China and India boom and produce over 80% of total manmade Co2 between them - and by the way that boom is fuelled by the same corporations, financiers and global elite who thought it a very good idea to leave them exempt from the same crippling deindustrialising legislation and taxes heaped on the West.

To not question this is what is abnormal, not to blindly go along with it without question.

Edited by Mucka

• 4 months later...
Posted

This upcoming cold spell,  will provide oodles of Co2 for the Atmosphere....no wind , no sunshine ,so the national grid will have to provide.....Trusted and Timeless ,and Reliable Fossil Fuels...😃

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

All being done without a mandate from the public we need a referendum as to why we want to make the U.K. a lot poorer and after all energy is power and power creates wealth 

Posted

Come on lads, don't light your fires just yet -- the wee boys are still up there!👍

Posted
9 minutes ago, Scuba steve said:

All being done without a mandate from the public we need a referendum as to why we want to make the U.K. a lot poorer and after all energy is power and power creates wealth 

Reneweble energy is not the Answer, the simple equation to this is..When the UK needs the electricity the most ,wind turbines don't turn and solar panels don't work in Winter...😂

Posted
2 minutes ago, ANYWEATHER said:

Reneweble energy is not the Answer, the simple equation to this is..When the UK needs the electricity the most ,wind turbines don't turn and solar panels don't work in Winter...😂

But tidal power does work -- for 24 hours every day of the year?👍

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather
2 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

But tidal power does work -- for 24 hours every day of the year?👍

Agree but no government will back a 30 to 50 billion project