Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

For this time of year 15c and rain is PANTS. Having rain on Christmas day was also of the Y front variety. 

Nothing looking remotely like winter either.

Edited by Dami
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sunny days!

Take heart, at least it will be a cheap Christmas with regards to heating........ Plus, if you're into photography, you'll get some amazing pictures of water droplets! 

Edited by trickybirdy
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

This has to be the dullest December I can remember, forgotten what sunshine's like, lol.

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, trickybirdy said:

Take heart, at least it will be a cheap Christmas with regards to heating........ Plus, if you're into photography, you'll get some amazing pictures of water droplets! 

well there is usually a good few places here on plumstead common to take some decent pics. pity i am in work today though ?‍♂️  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sunny days!
Just now, MAF said:

well there is usually a good few places here on plumstead common to take some decent pics. pity i am in work today though ?‍♂️  

I've not ventured to Plumstead Common, I tend to gravitate around Lesnes Abbey Woods. I'm looking forward to the Spring, the smell of the beautiful Bluebell's is intoxicating. There's also a lot of wildlife, only two weeks ago, I had a Hawk right outside my flat - doing what Hawk's do! 

Posted
17 minutes ago, trickybirdy said:

I've not ventured to Plumstead Common, I tend to gravitate around Lesnes Abbey Woods. I'm looking forward to the Spring, the smell of the beautiful Bluebell's is intoxicating. There's also a lot of wildlife, only two weeks ago, I had a Hawk right outside my flat - doing what Hawk's do! 

used to enjoy a dog walk around the park when i lived in abbey wood for a while. but also like a stroll through Bostal Woods 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

I wonder what the sunshine stats have been like in the south east for the last fortnight? must be about 5% of the average at a guess, I can only remember a few hours back on the 22nd after we had that frost and since then the odd glimpse of the current bun. This has easily been the worse Xmas period I can ever remember!

• Like 1

Posted
31 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

I wonder what the sunshine stats have been like in the south east for the last fortnight? must be about 5% of the average at a guess, I can only remember a few hours back on the 22nd after we had that frost and since then the odd glimpse of the current bun. This has easily been the worse Xmas period I can ever remember!

Don't appear to be as low as that for official stations in the SE, Heathrow, for example, has seen 41% of the December average for sunshine. 

03772 1013.1 1040.9 987.9 65.6 12.0 5.4 10.1 -1.7 20.2 5.5 119 41* -2.5 Heathrow

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

I bet it's not far off my guesstimation for the last 10 days though rather than the whole of December!

Posted

Talk of the devil, the sun's poking through the grey here in Heathrow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

It really has been a dull several days with only very brief breaks. The last time the sun shone properly was first thing on Christmas Eve before fog/low cloud rolled in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Forecast low of 14c tonight, have had some July nights cooler than that. 

Posted

Id rather have minus figures during the day and it be bright and dry (or snow obviously) than this constant rain. drizzle, cloudy, dark, damp, depressing never ending crud we seem to have had for weeks on end, or feels like has been months on end! Never suffered with SAD before but this dull/drizzlefest is really beginning to take its toll, 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

The last hour or so of today was just lovely. Hazy blue sky and an absolutely gorgeous sunset. 
But still 15 degrees in Christmas week is a bit wrong. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Hello, long time no post.  Got my annual leave interrupted as I feared and the time I've had off hasn't been restful, especially when having to shower vast quantities of mud off the dog, my wellies and his harness every single time I've taken him out for a walk in the last week, so have been falling into bed without going through my beloved weather station stats each day , or doing anything else enjoyable for that matter.   

Didn't even manage to ice the Christmas Cake that I made, and have been feeding with about a third of a bottle of rum over the last 6 weeks, until Boxing Day evening.  Jolly good thing the family were too full up to ask for any until yesterday.  And when they did see it, one of my Three Evil Geniuses (aka my children) asked why Baby Jesus had been run over by a tractor and flattened.  So I had to explain that was the least of Baby Jesus' concerns.  That he is sadly now an orphan.  Joseph and Mary decided to nip across the channel to buy some duty free disposable nappies but unfortunately the descendent of King Herod, the Princess Darkness Pretty Patello, torpedoed their kayak on the return journey.  So he's under the temporary guardianship of the Three Wise Men until the miracle of parental resurrection takes place for his birth next year.  (Can't find Mary and Joseph but this sounded more positive - they don't take prisoners, my children.  Plus it diverted them from asking where the shepherds had also got to  - as you can see those sheep are not under any kind of control and wander around the place at will).  I am an abject failure as a Mummy and Domestic Goddess this year!!

Today the top temperature reached 15.1°C at 13:24.  Currently 14°C and possibly warmer outside than my study.  Humidity is 87%.  Wind has been mainly from a WSW direction, with mild flirtation with the West during early afternoon before veering back to a WSWesterly; wind speed up into double figures from noon to 7:30 pm and currently averaging 7.4mph over 2 minutes and a flighty 9mph average over the last 10 minutes.  Pressure currently 1006.6hPa rising rapidly.   Since midnight 1mm of rain has fallen - that's so not fair and only because I've been at work all day and it could have been pishing down and it wouldn't have mattered, unlike every time I've taken my dog out since Christmas Day. 

A belated Happy Christmas everyone!  

2021 Christmas cake3.jpg

2021 Christmas cake4.jpg

Edited by Soaring Hawk
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer sunshine

What a lovely end to the afternoon  here in Redhill/Reigate area, the sun came out and it felt almost like Spring! Very warm whilst in the sun. Still surprisingly mild out, so much so I have the bedroom window open to get some air in!

Certainly doesn’t feel like end of Dec/start of Jan! I hate to disagree with most but I prefer this to cold/icy (maybe snowy) conditions that we should normally be seeing at this time of the year. 

Posted

currently 14 degrees on the journey into work today. humidity must be high as the pavements don't seem to want to dry up. Still, it is winter in the UK after all  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Crikey, New years eve, Eve...13c and a very balmy mild feel in the air. It is like we have gone straight from Autumn (Scrap Winter) to Spring. Enjoy your day folks,

Posted

Miraculously we had a couple of  hours or sunshine late morning, but just in case it scared anybody who didnt realise what the yellow thing in the sky was, we've reverted back to cloudy skies, temp 15c  with a quite blustery SW wind.

• Like 1

Posted
44 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Miraculously we had a couple of  hours or sunshine late morning, but just in case it scared anybody who didnt realise what the yellow thing in the sky was, we've reverted back to cloudy skies, temp 15c  with a quite blustery SW wind.

was just reading a story in the Standard about how December has shaped up

The Met Office has calculated 26.6 hours of sunshine on average across the country throughout the month so far – 14.3 hours less than what is expected for this time of year.

It comes as temperatures for New Year’s Eve are predicted to reach a record 16 degrees centigrade in London. The warmest UK temperature ever recorded for New Year’s Eve was 14.8 degrees in Colwyn Bay, Wales, in 2011.

ho hum....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

12c here with 100% humidity standard mild spell here. No sun in about 12 days either.