Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

MendipWeather still in business?

Posted

Hi, does anybody know if Mendip weather are still in business, I placed an order, and paid for it, and have not received the goods? I get no answers to email phone and now I've tried Facebook.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Well it seems they are , but oh boy what a poor customer experience with them.

One month on still don't have my ordered goods.

Will I buy any more from them? What do you think?

Posted

And finally after a claim against Paypal, against Mendip Weather for non supply (as they even sent me the wrong part after a month!), I have my money back and off to a new supplier.

Sad, but heyho, business is a cut throat place where you have to play right.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

You're better off if they had gone bust. All your money back plus a part to sell on ebay.

I once bought a load of kit of one company any one bit was faulty which went back and disappeared into a black hole. After a bit of digging it was clear they had gone bust. Onto my credit card company and they refunded the whole order as they didn't deal with part orders.

• 2 months later...
Posted

The one item I did finally buy from them appears to be faulty, of course in true tradition, no response from them for support.  Quickest route is for me to buy another item from somewhere else, and be rid of Mendip Weather for ever, I can only say, BUYER BEWARE!.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
17 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

The one item I did finally buy from them appears to be faulty, of course in true tradition, no response from them for support.  Quickest route is for me to buy another item from somewhere else, and be rid of Mendip Weather for ever, I can only say, BUYER BEWARE!.

How much did it cost you. You maybe able to claim it back if you bought via credit card.

The worst company I ever dealt with was hifi fix. I bought A denon seven one AV reciever. The optical inputs always cutting out on me. It failed outside the 30 day striaht swap out. So it went back four times each time they said no fault found. I even sent them a video of it cutting out and not working which they lost. They offered twice to swap it out but then went back on the promise. The next step was ignoring emails totally so I took them to small claims court. Needless to say instant contact full refund including the court fees. However they did send a snotty email saying that had offered a solution which they hadn't.

Edited by The PIT
  • Thanks 1