Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
44 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Old Glossop has three pubs right next door to each other… one does really nice curries, one pub grub and one does “fine dining”… but there are 25 plus pubs/wine bar/cocktail places in glossop itself… can do a good pub crawl here 🍻🍷🧀🥂🍹🍸 

I use to travel from Mossley to Glossop back in the mid 90’s for a night out, decent back then 👍

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Maxed out at 31.6C here in the end, very similar to yesterday. A hot spicy curry may not have been the best choice of meal considering, but the fridge is well stocked with beer and I'm now chilling in garden starting on my first beer. A pint of Wainwright.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Just slightly less warm than yesterday, Max was 31.1°C at home.
On the way back from Dublin now. .

• Like 5

Posted

The temperature is still sat at 29.3C here, a very warm evening sat out, but much more pleasant than inside the house which is like an oven right now, so I think I'll stick to sitting out. The cool beers are sliding down nicely.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
9 minutes ago, severe snowstorm said:

The temperature is still sat at 29.3C here, a very warm evening sat out, but much more pleasant than inside the house which is like an oven right now, so I think I'll stick to sitting out. The cool beers are sliding down nicely.

Sat out myself having a few beers and it was great until one of the neighbours decided to pick an evening where everyone had doors and windows open to light a bloody fire in the garden and I don’t mean a BBQ or even a fire pit, a let’s burn some old garden waste type of fire🤬

maybe he wanted us northerners to get a feel for the smells and taste that wildfires in other parts of the country are causing.

thankfully it’s out now but what an inconsiderate idiot.

• Like 7

Posted
18 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Sat out myself having a few beers and it was great until one of the neighbours decided to pick an evening where everyone had doors and windows open to light a bloody fire in the garden and I don’t mean a BBQ or even a fire pit, a let’s burn some old garden waste type of fire🤬

maybe he wanted us northerners to get a feel for the smells and taste that wildfires in other parts of the country are causing.

thankfully it’s out now but what an inconsiderate idiot.

Lol, of all the times to decide to do that! Totally agree, total idiot.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

A bit of a breeze has got up now taking the edge of the temperature but it’s still a decent evening to sit out, especially with the house having the heat and smell of a dying bonfire🤬

No question that the breeze is coming out of the east as I can clearly hear the wind turbines a mile or so away up on the moss.

• Like 7

Posted
3 minutes ago, iand61 said:

A bit of a breeze has got up now taking the edge of the temperature but it’s still a decent evening to sit out, especially with the house having the heat and smell of a dying bonfire🤬

No question that the breeze is coming out of the east as I can clearly hear the wind turbines a mile or so away up on the moss.

Yeah, a very slight breeze picking up here too, nothing major, but enough to hear leaves rustling in the trees now. Temperature still at 25.8C and very pleasant sitting out right now. Each time I walk back into the house, it's like walking into a wall of heat. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Just got back home. Still 24.3°C  here outside.

It’s 31.6°C in my studio and 29.1°C in the bedroom. AC on now full blast!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Having my doubts we’ll even get a storm out of this again. 18z GFS shows the dreaded onshore breeze for Monday afternoon with our region mostly dry

image.thumb.png.a09a7341e884f8d2f145ca367c32598f.png

• Like 4

Posted
32 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Having my doubts we’ll even get a storm out of this again. 18z GFS shows the dreaded onshore breeze for Monday afternoon with our region mostly dry

Wouldn't surprise me in the least, been absolutely diabolical for thunder here this year, as in none heard whatsoever. Expectation is therefore extremely low, a single rumble would be a positive success.

• Like 3

Posted
38 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

I noticed WRF picking this up earlier as well. We need something Sunday night/Monday morning unless things change. I do have a feeling it could be over estimating the sea breeze though.

Edited by Chris.R
  • Like 4

Posted
6 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

I noticed WRF picking this up earlier as well. We need something Sunday night/Monday morning unless things change. I do have a feeling it could be over estimating the sea breeze though.

I fear anything Sunday night into Monday early doors will be too isolated. I noticed the Metoffice automated has moved away from having much precipitation at all on Monday.

It’s going to sting badly seeing other areas get clobbered. Almost makes you angry.

Edited by CreweCold
  • Like 4

Posted
7 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

I fear anything Sunday night into Monday early doors will be too isolated. I noticed the Metoffice automated has moved away from having much precipitation at all on Monday.

It’s going to sting badly seeing other areas get clobbered. Almost makes you angry.

There is a lot of CAPE building by the afternoon though so if the sea breeze front stays in our region just on the coast it could become a nice trigger.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

A superb evening sitting in the beer gardens, comfortable with a slight breeze. But God walking back into our new build, the wall of heat hit us. 29c in the bedroom.

• Like 4

Posted
41 minutes ago, RobR said:

A superb evening sitting in the beer gardens, comfortable with a slight breeze. But God walking back into our new build, the wall of heat hit us. 29c in the bedroom.

Quite lucky here, 25c in my bedroom. The last hot spell it ended up at 31c. The loss of sun altitude really has helped as the time with the sun shining at my window has lessened considerably since mid July.

• Like 4

Posted

Another fairly comfortable night at 15.5C currently.

I suspect tomorrow night will hold up more as there is likely to be an increase in cloud and humidity. Sunday looks uncomfortable, 30C with humidity creeping higher.

• Like 3

Posted
4 hours ago, Chris.R said:

There is a lot of CAPE building by the afternoon though so if the sea breeze front stays in our region just on the coast it could become a nice trigger.

Well the 0z isn't much better, the precipitation just does a big arc around our region

image.thumb.png.85fbc0c1fcbb81a6f24cdd4da85252bc.png

You can clearly see where the NW winds probe. We need the LP a good bit further west with an offshore flow.

Tuesday looks a no go now too with ridging starting to take control again

image.thumb.png.4a464115e4f1fae6353cb86a8aa7a044.png

Edited by CreweCold
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

CAPE building Sunday. More humidity but thought it would let go with a bigger bang. 

Stay off the Cumbrian and Pennine tops (or lie down!) 

Looking forward to looking back at these posts in 4 months time. 

52773BAD-D8D5-4EDC-924A-B27A8A41B186.thumb.jpeg.24aad5d4848b4b4eac5bfe656b3d528a.jpeg

Edited by Iceaxecrampon
  • Like 5

Posted

Thankfully a cooler night and opening the patio doors has quickly dropped the living room temperature from 25c down to 19c.

Need to call at Screwfix and pick some bits up and then it’s a day working in the garden, certainly before things get to hot although last nights breeze is still here so conditions should be much more pleasant.

• Like 4

Posted

An overnight low of 14.7C here and an uncomfortable night for sleeping last night. I can only assume other people's houses are far better at letting the heat out than mine, judging by the posts above. I did sleep, but  woke at least 2 or 3 times feeling incredibly hot and uncomfortable. I had to have the fan on all night which I don't normally like because of the noise, but it was unbearable without it. The metoffice are now mentioning the chance of thundery showers/storms for tomorrow and Monday. It would be nice to get a decent storm to make up for having to endure all the heat, but my expectation is at zero given how terrible this year has been for thundery activity.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
5 minutes ago, severe snowstorm said:

An overnight low of 14.7C here and an uncomfortable night for sleeping last night. I can only assume other people's houses are far better at letting the heat out than mine, judging by the posts above. I did sleep, but  woke at least 2 or 3 times feeling incredibly hot and uncomfortable. I had to have the fan on all night which I don't normally like because of the noise, but it was unbearable without it. The metoffice are now mentioning the chance of thundery showers/storms for tomorrow and Monday. It would be nice to get a decent storm to make up for having to endure all the heat, but my expectation is at zero given how terrible this year has been for thundery activity.

depends on direction window faces, E'ly facing would be much cooler with wind direction, North I generally find hottest from 6pm as sun is in room with a S/SE breeze the common direction when hot

• Like 4