Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Saturday 12th March 2022 - Thundery showers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Thought it would be a cool idea to start threads for specific days of interesting weather for chat pics and videos of the conditions, would be easier to find knowing it was in a specific thread and you never know when it can turn into a memorable time (a la August 2020 apocalypse storms    )

For Saturday there's 2 areas getting me interested first part I think is a low chance of thunder being involved but the 2nd round is much more favourable

animmbc0.gif appears like it wants to invigorate tonight's and early morning tomorrows frontal rainfall a bit however lack of instability suggests to me the lower likelihood of thunder as mentioned. There's definitely a chance of the thunder potential being a bust that would be most likely if the overnight / early morning rain doesn't clear fast enough allowing the sun and instability to build for the afternoon but models are keen for the showers to break out and CAPE looks quite decent for it only being week 2 of March animupk5.gif section of colder air aloft could bring some small hail in the heaviest showers animxhr0.gif there's also a smaller amount of shear (0-6km) roughly in this range from a severe forecasting tip sheet "0-6 km bulk shear 20-35 kts – organized multicells" 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Clearing took place and allowed a fair number of heavy showers to develop however none appear to have became thundery. Main cell moving toward Aboyne shortly image.thumb.png.b84f30846dccc3b22cc7441e42d982a2.png