Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

No storms Club 2022

Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I here by declare the no storms club to be non applicable to me this year, had thunder two times already Don't even like it that much either prefer sleet

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

Having to see other sods going on about thunder and hail while this location is missing everything yet again. Thank God I'm going on holiday to a stormy location next summer. Even four storms there would be a decade's worth in Sheffield.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

back in again

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
On 05/06/2022 at 17:17, Dami said:

back in again

still here :(:(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, thunderstorms and snowy or frosty winters
26 minutes ago, Dami said:

still here :(:(

I'll join you  still nothing here around the West Midlands not that I've noticed in my neck of the woods slightly depressing reading about all these boomers down South but on a cheery note I'm happy to watch some of the great footage that's been posted of this years storms so far 

• Like 1

Posted

Doors in this club are open in prep for the thundery day tomorrow. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Not even a solitary rumble or flash of lightning so far. Very bad even by our normally low standards.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms!

Fully expect to still be here come tomorrow. Unless by some bizarre fluke the Telford Storm shield breaks 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

There was a warning for a thunderstorm for the Thurrock area but it never came, even the rain did not come.  It is going to be a very dry week which means me using a watering can for my front garden.  I have not got an outside tap for a watering hose so I resort to using the kitchen's tap but the tap hose connector that I got did not fit and was due to be sent back by Evri but they have not showed up yet.

Posted
6 hours ago, A Face like Thunder said:

I'm not sure whether a couple of rumbles of thunder and a short sharp shower count as a 'storm' (yesterday afternoon), but I'm an honourable man and will resign henceforth from the No Storms Club 2022. 

There was a storm to the North & East of me yesterday, and I thought I migh have heard a rumble, but it's not always easy when you live on a busy main road. There was certainly nothing approaching "overhead", so I remain a reluctant prisoner here!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

What is it with storms thesedays , even temps in the high 30's with a front moving in cant produce widespread stuff anymore ,  the 70's seemed the best decade for storms here , the 90's were not to bad ,  but since then this location sucks 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

No thunderstorms this year. I'm going on holiday to New Orleans next August so that's when I'll see one.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Just like with snow in winter, thunderstorms during the summer is becoming more of a rarity.

At one time, you were almost guaranteed a thunderstorm after a period of hot weather. But not anymore.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

well *brushes down thread* It's been a while but here we go again. Good luck all! 

Posted
On 24/07/2022 at 03:19, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

Just like with snow in winter, thunderstorms during the summer is becoming more of a rarity.

At one time, you were almost guaranteed a thunderstorm after a period of hot weather. But not anymore.

Yeah, didn't mind the heat as you normally got a storm out of it, but for the heat to go out with a wiper seems to be par for the course these days. So frustrating!!

• Like 1

Posted

Well another heatwave gone and not a rumble to be heard! Some welcome rain for the garden, but this year has been absolutely awful for storms! 

You would think with all the heat we would have seen some fireworks! Looking like that's it for the year, Autumn is fast approaching so the storm potential is going to drop!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Yesterday was a big disappointment.  Thurrock being in the Amber warning area for thunderstorms I thought it would be a dead cert that we would experience big thunderstorm. There was nothing, not one rumble of thunder, no crackle of lightning and to add insult to injury worse, there was not even the consolation of rain.  It was completely  dry as a bone.😞

Edited by Katrine Basso

Posted

I think London still qualifies

We had some rumbles and flashing, but it’s been a poor spell for proper storms. 

The recipe for there for plenty of storms. Still at least a week or so before the window of summer storms drop. 

Posted
21 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

I think London still qualifies

We had some rumbles and flashing, but it’s been a poor spell for proper storms. 

The recipe for there for plenty of storms. Still at least a week or so before the window of summer storms drop. 

The biggest storm I encountered in recent times was actually in September, 14th/15th September 2016 at Alton Hants where we were staying prior to a cruise. Overnight and long-lasting with flooding. This followed a similar storm in the NW earlier in the week which led to the postponement of a European game at Manchester City.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hurricanes, and my favourite tornadoes
22 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

The biggest storm I encountered in recent times was actually in September, 14th/15th September 2016 at Alton Hants where we were staying prior to a cruise. Overnight and long-lasting with flooding. This followed a similar storm in the NW earlier in the week which led to the postponement of a European game at Manchester City.

The second biggest storm and the thirds

were both in September too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

The second week of September 2016 was great for thunderstorms. This year a rerun of that would definitely make it the best thundery spell of the year. In 2016 though there were big boots to fill coming off a very thundery June.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, hail, lightning
32 minutes ago, Supacell said:

The second week of September 2016 was great for thunderstorms. This year a rerun of that would definitely make it the best thundery spell of the year. In 2016 though there were big boots to fill coming off a very thundery June.

September 13 2016 was probably the best storm I've experienced.  I'm holding out hope for another 30 days but so far, 2022 has probably been the worst year I've ever experienced