Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The heat haters club 2022

Dami
Message added by Paul,

This thread is for those who don't enjoy the heat to discuss that and offer support to each other through the summer months. If you don't feel similarly and don't have any empathy for those who do, please don't post in here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty

I’ll join you in here @Dami.  Don’t mind contending with heat for a couple of days at a time if we get a good old thunderstorm but that doesn’t look all that promising for my region.  I’ve just had the customary fight to get the sun umbrella up and stabilised over the cat pen to keep the worst of the sun off them.  

A44A940C-E03D-4BFE-B46A-6AD018CFB7FC.jpeg

Edited by Snowycat
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic Storms, Thunder & Lightning, Snow.

Not that I actually hate it but I can't physically tolerate heat so don't really look forward to it ☹️

• Like 4

Posted

I’d be happy at 24c, over that and it’s a bit uncomfortable but having said that I lived in the Middle East and it rarely got below 24c even in winter but aircon was everywhere. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
1 hour ago, Thundershine said:

Has to be the most pointless thread ever, seeing as you're going to get about 12 hours of "heat". 

oh so you won't be joining?  It's going to be way past that 22c you prefer on your profile. 

Take care. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).
2 minutes ago, Dami said:

oh so you won't be joining?  It's going to be way past that 22c you prefer on your profile. 

Take care. 

13-22 are my ideal temperatures is what that means. That doesn't mean that I find anything over 22 "hot". Far from it. Perhaps, 32. Which it won't be here, anyway.

Edited by Thundershine

Posted
Just now, Thundershine said:

13-22 are my ideal temperatures is what that says. That doesn't mean that I find anything over 22 "hot". Far from it. Perhaps, 32. Which it won't be here, anyway.

we shall see, eh? 

anyway this is about people who dislike heat

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Dami said:

we shall see, eh? 

anyway this is about people who dislike heat

I actually dislike heat, but our definition of what constitutes heat differs.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Thundershine said:

I actually dislike heat, but our definition of what constitutes heat differs.

I'm not writing a rule here. If you can deal with 32+ and find anything other too hot then fine. We all have different intolerances to different temperatures - for example my husband gets quite ill when it's hot. I know on the SE thread others do as well.

If you think it's a 'useless' thread then please feel free to ignore it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

I love the heat, but with a caveat - only if I’m not working or doing anything strenuous.

When I’m at home relaxing in the garden or at the beach or something, I adore it.

sadly, I’m going to be in the office from tomorrow and it’s an old, tin box with no air con. It will be thoroughly miserable in the afternoon.

I remember during that brief hot spell in 2019, the thermometer in the office got up to 48 degrees and it was torture - And we’re still not allowed to wear shorts for some arbitrary reason. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Azazel said:

I love the heat, but with a caveat - only if I’m not working or doing anything strenuous.

When I’m at home relaxing in the garden or at the beach or something, I adore it.

sadly, I’m going to be in the office from tomorrow and it’s an old, tin box with no air con. It will be thoroughly miserable in the afternoon.

I remember during that brief hot spell in 2019, the thermometer in the office got up to 48 degrees and it was torture - And we’re still not allowed to wear shorts for some arbitrary reason. 

No Air Conditioning in the office? That sounds like torture.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
6 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Pretty sure that breaks some sort of workplace regulations does it not? 

Posted
1 minute ago, MP-R said:

Apparently not! There's no maximum working temperature - only a minimum working temperature.

It's awful though - if it starts making me feel unwell then i'm going to go home. I'm not putting myself at risk because of some weird, arbitrary rule.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
3 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Apparently not! There's no maximum working temperature - only a minimum working temperature.

It's awful though - if it starts making me feel unwell then i'm going to go home. I'm not putting myself at risk because of some weird, arbitrary rule.

I down tools when it hits 18c

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty
1 hour ago, MP-R said:

Nope.  We were the same working in a private hospital.  Upstairs offices had no aircon and the windows only opened an inch or so.  To make matters worse we were still expected to wear a stuffy old uniform.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
1 hour ago, mushymanrob said:

Its not heat thats the problem...its the humidity...

28c in low humidity is more pleasant then 20c with high humidity...

yep exactly..anything over 25c in the UK becomes a nuisance anything over 30c becomes unbearable..here though it can 30c and its fine..only once it gets above 32-33c do you start to notice it..last year it got to 37c with a gentle breeze no real problems... if its 37c in the UK forget about it..im sat in a bathtub of ice cold water with the curtains pulled

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

I’ll only pop in if the daytime max exceeds 34c.

OMG, hope not to see you in here too often then!  No offence but you know what I mean lol!  

I will raise my max to 27C, unless the humidity is high and I may then have to lower.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

At last a thread i can cherish, focus on, enjoy with total knowledge of disgust and hatred for a certain type of weather.....thought this day would never come!.....

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

I do not know is the caused by the warmth but I feel so very tired, more than normal and my hips and knees are very painful.  I am waiting for a long downpour of rain that lasts more than one hour.

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Azazel said:

Same here. I’ll be stuck on a sweaty London Underground train as I commute back and forth between work and home on Friday. 

Still, I’ve been off work since June 1st, so I shouldn’t grumble.

Had a interview today and can wave goodbye to the security job now. 

Will have more time free to do the side gig as well.