Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The heat haters club 2022

Dami
Message added by Paul,

This thread is for those who don't enjoy the heat to discuss that and offer support to each other through the summer months. If you don't feel similarly and don't have any empathy for those who do, please don't post in here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Anything over 20c is too warm for me. Roll on winter.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
2 minutes ago, simshady said:

Anything over 20c is too warm for me. Roll on winter.

Luckily only Friday is looking properly hot. Looks like we'll be swiftly in the cooler air by evening 

• Like 4

Posted

Anything above 23C is too warm for me so I'm glad the warmth is a one day wonder. 18-21 is my ideal temperature range for summer, coupled with cool nights of 8-12C. Have this everyday of the summer, I'd rate it highly

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

I'm with Mushy. I don't so much hate heat as I do humidity.

Generally speaking I'm fine with heatwaves between March-June even around the 30C mark because normally the humidity is minimal (I guess because no heat low has formed over Europe yet).

Heat in Q3 is generally horrific and as such July is when I'm happy for 07/12 to repeat.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

i would like to add that this thread is not just aimed at the UK - if you go away and it was 'too hot' feel free to say.

Small reminder :

We all have different  tolerances when it come to heat and i wanted this thread to be somewhere -away from the regionals -where people could voice their opinions.  It is not a competition,   many people suffer greatly from raised temperatures  regardless what they are, so please be kind.

Thank you. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

I suppose a lot of it depends where you are in the UK when it comes to heat tolerance. In the south east 25c won't seem that warm but in the north east 25c would be one of the hottest days of the year. Personally anything above about 20c is starting to get mildly uncomfortable for me, 25c plus is unpleasant but mostly because of the indoor temps. 25c outside equals about 32c upstairs.

Edited by Ross90
  • Like 3

Posted
5 minutes ago, Ross90 said:

I suppose a lot of it depends where you are in the UK when it comes to heat tolerance. In the south east 25c won't seem that warm but in the north east 25c would be one of the hottest days of the year. Personally anything about 20c is starting to get mildly uncomfortable for me, 25c plus is unpleasant but mostly because of the indoor temps. 25c outside equals about 32c upstairs.

very true, but it doesn't make it less invalid.  And  iagree, most of my 'hate of heat' is how warm the house gets.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy
1 minute ago, Dami said:

very true, but it doesn't make it less invalid.  And  iagree, most of my 'hate of heat' is how warm the house gets.

I suppose part of the problem is the fact that houses are always built to be well insulated for the winter with little thought for them getting too hot during the summer. Maybe more houses being built in the south east and the other warmer areas should be designed with over heating in mind. It's only going to become more of a problem over coming decades.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold

I absolutely detest hot weather, I much prefer cold and snow

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Heat didn't used to bother me to much but now I'm older getting over 25C is heading to the unpleasant side. It also depends on how long you have to get used to it. Say it slowly warms up over 7 to 10 days you have time to adjust. 20C and then 30C the next day is horrible. Keeping the house cool is one problem and if you also work in an oven of an office doens't help. This year I'm in aur con offcie so won't melt 24hrs. The country does need a max working temperature regulation.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

when you have a fully air-conditioned house it becomes slightly irrelevant as too how hot it is..having it now always makes me wonder how the hell i used to cope when i lived in the UK (esp in London) without it

Posted
7 minutes ago, Ross90 said:

I suppose part of the problem is the fact that houses are always built to be well insulated for the winter with little thought for them getting too hot during the summer. Maybe more houses being built in the south east and the other warmer areas should be designed with over heating in mind. It's only going to become more of a problem over coming decades.

i Lived on the south east coast for 30+ years and although it gets hot, it is often much cooler by the sea and that was reflected by the fact i don't remember feeling so hot at night like i do in Bedford.  Although getting our windows done doesn't help, lol. But i do envy out American cousins with their air con. 

• Like 3

Posted

Somewhere for me to come moan as I melt and my skin feels on fire as summer approaches whilst others are rambling on about ‘it’s not that hot’ ‘we don’t get it often, stop complaining’ etc. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

I hate the heat, and I hate the glarey overhead summer sun. ☀️

Anything over 18° is too warm, unless we’re going to get a big thunderstorm. 

Deep in my soul, I am currently craving cool, grey, misty, foggy autumn days. 

3DE89AFE-E2C6-4804-8CB1-C0A8B8C9F95E.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
30 minutes ago, Dangerous55019 said:

That looks heaven....not just the feel but how calm it is when weather is like that, like a blanket of peace and stillness. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
5 minutes ago, Ross90 said:

Pity you can't capture the heat and use it for winter.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

I'm odd. I hate the UK heat and direct heat feel of the sun but if I cover myself up, it becomes tolerable for a hour or so when working outside.

The bigger problem - aside from heat triggered breathing issues is the house. Bricks are good at becoming a storage heater after a week or so of heat with no super low temps overnight. Once the house becomes 28ºC, it never cools. A/C to the rescue!

Dry heat is way more tolerable. I certainly won't forget how pleasant the Californian heat was after I landed in Heathrow and melted in the humid 29ºC coach terminal!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Hot weather is like spicy food - people have different tolerance levels to it.

I personally believe that any type of weather is fine in moderation, and I usually don't mind temperatures of plus 25 Celsius providing I am in the right place at the right time. It isn't at all pleasant when doing something strenuous outdoors or you are in a building with no A/C installed, but if I am relaxing in my garden, at the park or on holiday then it can be lovely. I also love the thunderstorm potential hot spells often bring.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 2

Posted

This must be the most short lived thread ever. After 7 days out of 365 last year that could be described as 'hot'. We embark upon one hot day so far in 2022. If it comes. So a combined 8 days of heat in 532 days  since the start of 2021. One hot day every 9 and a half weeks. Not bad.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty
1 hour ago, Dangerous55019 said:

Yes, I dislike the brightness of overhead sun relentlessly blaring down on me but I think that may be due to my Sjogrens.  ?

Another dislike of mine with heat and sun is it brings the flies out I do my best to keep them out of the house but the odd blighter sneaks in somehow.  Its a straight race as to who gets it first between me with the fly swatter or Prudie who eats them  Living on the edge of woodland and farmland we do get a few horrid flies.  If there are sheep on the farmland we get horrid green ones.   

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

This must be the most short lived thread ever. After 7 days out of 365 last year that could be described as 'hot'. We embark upon one hot day so far in 2022. If it comes. So a combined 8 days of heat in 532 days  since the start of 2021. One hot day every 9 and a half weeks. Not bad.

I’m sure you will be very happy in the moans thread with a few others who seem to complain constantly its too cold. Its a good idea to split the preferences to be fair as it will avoid any tension.  We can moan in here its too hot, regardless how long any hot spells last and heat lovers can moan in the other thread about it needing to be hot, hot and hotter

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Snowycat said:

I’m sure you will be very happy in the moans thread with a few others who seem to complain constantly its too cold. Its a good idea to split the preferences to be fair as it will avoid any tension.  We can moan in here its too hot, regardless how long any hot spells last and heat lovers can moan in the other thread about it needing to be hot, hot and hotter

Yeah. Ok. I will let you vent. Soz.

• Like 2

Posted
10 hours ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

As i have posted before, 'your cool' is someones  else's nightmare so if you find this thread 'short lived' or 'useless' please ignore it. 

My other thread, 'no storms' is also 'short lived' because that is what weather is all about. In fact it more short lived then this one and this has more posts. 

Edited by Dami
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Simple choice next few nights, either sleep, no money air/con on or no sleep, bit of money, aircon off.....roll on Saturday!! Over 10c drop in temp!

• Like 3

Posted

Can feel the temperature starting to ratchet up Netweather has us down for cloud tomorrow shutting the sun out so that should hopefully help a little in stopping temperatures rise too much.  Just got to get through Friday, which looks uncomfortable.  Looks like a wet weekend coming up.  That should water the garden nicely so I can plant my sunflowers up at long last  

• Like 1