Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The heat haters club 2022

Dami
Message added by Paul,

This thread is for those who don't enjoy the heat to discuss that and offer support to each other through the summer months. If you don't feel similarly and don't have any empathy for those who do, please don't post in here.

Posted
21 hours ago, mushymanrob said:

Its not heat thats the problem...its the humidity...

28c in low humidity is more pleasant then 20c with high humidity...

Hard disagree. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
4 hours ago, markyo said:

Simple choice next few nights, either sleep, no money air/con on or no sleep, bit of money, aircon off.....roll on Saturday!! Over 10c drop in temp!

Tough choices for many with energy prices going through the roof in the UK Glad heat doesn’t bother my sleep much, a fan is enough on the warmest nights. Only 2-3 days to get through for coldies and then a return to average conditions

Posted

Least favourite months of the year coming up for me, July and August, struggle on warm nights and with a phobia of moths can’t have the windows open! Looking forward to end of September already. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
4 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Tough choices for many with energy prices going through the roof in the UK Glad heat doesn’t bother my sleep much, a fan is enough on the warmest nights. Only 2-3 days to get through for coldies and then a return to average conditions

You are very lucky, for me its the lack of sleep and how uncomfortable i feel. It is literally unbearable.

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, Stationary Front said:

Least favourite months of the year coming up for me, July and August, struggle on warm nights and with a phobia of moths can’t have the windows open! Looking forward to end of September already. 

Quick and cheap solution....

1E5804B3-CD41-4B53-ADA8-09F7755AFE11.thumb.jpeg.4418de0e2db45b8f43a79a74441063e6.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).
4 hours ago, Stationary Front said:

Phobia of moths? Have you ever had carpet moths? They lay eggs in any carpet with natural wool fibres, which then turn into tiny caterpillars that slowly but increasingly eat your carpet in the dark, dusky corners, then of course they metamorphize into beautiful brown moths about 1cm long, which fly up into your face and scurry about everywhere, beautiful creatures.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
12 hours ago, markyo said:

Simple choice next few nights, either sleep, no money air/con on or no sleep, bit of money, aircon off.....roll on Saturday!! Over 10c drop in temp!

It’s sleep or eat! (instead of heat of eat in the winter)

• Like 1

Posted

And this is why so many hate this weather, bedroom at 22c, very humid, little airflow through , seriously what is to like about this crap?

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
2 minutes ago, markyo said:

And this is why so many hate this weather, bedroom at 22c, very humid, little airflow through , seriously what is to like about this crap?

22c, seriously? Is your house made of Kingspan and lined with lead! I know u don't like heat but it ain't that warm up this end of the country surely?

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

22c, seriously? Is your house made of Kingspan and lined with lead! I know u don't like heat but it ain't that warm up this end of the country surely?

To me it is yes, why? Do you find anything below 10c cold? I'm in shorts and t shirts still then, we all feel if differently. I find it so weird folk walking around in coats or jackets when its above 10c! Without aircon i couldn't sleep in the bedroom tonight at that temp

Edited by markyo
  • Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, markyo said:

To me it is yes, why? Do you find anything below 10c cold? I'm in shorts and t shirts still then, we all feel if differently. I find it so weird folk walking around in coats or jackets when its above 10c! Without aircon i couldn't sleep in the bedroom tonight at that temp

I know 'we' all feel it differently, i get that as you have posted on numerous occasions, i was more questioning how your bedroom is 22c tonight in the north of England? Hence my quip about 'Kingspan'

Posted
6 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

I know 'we' all feel it differently, i get that as you have posted on numerous occasions, i was more questioning how your bedroom is 22c tonight in the north of England? Hence my quip about 'Kingspan'

its been 24c thats why

• Like 1

Posted

It's not been hot yet, not sure what the fuss has been all about, it's been cool by late afternoon under the cloud.

Not a fan of heat, but I can tolerate a one day wonder which will be blink and you'll miss it, better still it's a significant change the day after, and a few days later it's the solstice and we can begin the long and slow decline into shorter days - wahoo!

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, markyo said:

its been 24c thats why

Okay, so that makes ure bedroom 22c, don't compute like that chief, unless you live in a 'foil' house! but each to their own as you say, enjoy your Air-con

Edited by Wold Topper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

I probably belong here. Love to watch for a super hot plume, in particular for the resulting storms, yet feel awful by the first afternoon into a really hot spell. For a comfy sleep, I rinse out either a glass tea towel for my forehead or a thin bath towel to drape over fully when it’s seriously uncomfortable - works a treat until you have to deal with next day’s temps while working. Far more of a snow lover for sure, although I don’t know whether I’ll be able to afford to cold-wish this coming winter.

• Like 2

Posted
9 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Not sure the average conditions will last long before the heat returns though?!

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, Don said:

Looks pretty average to me, certainly all that is on offer currently is a one day wonder. Plenty of summer to go yet though, so no doubt there will be some further episodes of heat, but mostly shortlived I imagine.

• Like 2

Posted
24 minutes ago, ribster said:

Looks pretty average to me, certainly all that is on offer currently is a one day wonder. Plenty of summer to go yet though, so no doubt there will be some further episodes of heat, but mostly shortlived I imagine.

Yes, I suspect we will definitely see more heat 'spikes' this summer if not sustained heat.  Very difficult to call these days though!

• Like 2

Posted
On 14/06/2022 at 12:23, Azazel said:

I love the heat, but with a caveat - only if I’m not working or doing anything strenuous.

When I’m at home relaxing in the garden or at the beach or something, I adore it.

sadly, I’m going to be in the office from tomorrow and it’s an old, tin box with no air con. It will be thoroughly miserable in the afternoon.

I remember during that brief hot spell in 2019, the thermometer in the office got up to 48 degrees and it was torture - And we’re still not allowed to wear shorts for some arbitrary reason. 

48°C?? Surely you’d be allowed to go in such high temps (although I think Markyo works in those kind of temps in the summer). I agree that offices should relax thier dress codes during hot weather, many offices now allow casual clothes and have air con, although at 48°C shorts or no shorts it’s going to feel awful either way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
7 hours ago, Don said:

Next week showing maximum temperatures in London of between 21-25°C, so in the average bracket, not hot by any means. After that, who knows? I’ll be in Spain for 2.5 weeks where it will be delightfully warm and sunny  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

Today is meant to be the day that this heat spike starts… And I’m absolutely dreading it!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

I’m not looking forward to the brief heat either especially with hot flushes adding to the discomfort! Work have provided a free fully stocked ice cream and lolly freezer and ice cubes for everyone which has gone down a treat 

• Like 3

Posted
10 hours ago, Wold Topper said:

Okay, so that makes ure bedroom 22c, don't compute like that chief, unless you live in a 'foil' house! but each to their own as you say, enjoy your Air-con

Your going to have to explain, your not making any sense at all.

• Like 1

Posted

BBC Weather app only going for 24°C here on Friday and into the mid teens at the weekend and with a moderate breeze it shouldn’t be too bad at all.

Still above what I’d call comfortable but just a single warm day rather than anything extreme. Down south it’s still forecast to be a lot hotter though.

211AC7AC-839D-4574-9483-D430AE7D70FD.png

• Like 2