Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The heat haters club 2022

Dami
Message added by Paul,

This thread is for those who don't enjoy the heat to discuss that and offer support to each other through the summer months. If you don't feel similarly and don't have any empathy for those who do, please don't post in here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

Sooooo… This is the current temperature here in North East Wales. ?

… And this is after driving home for about half an hour! ?

I just hope and pray that this goes ‘BANG’ big time! Otherwise it’s a lot of completely unnecessary suffering, with no pay back whatsoever! ?⛈??

05BB789A-5CC8-4431-AF1F-087E825567C1.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).
15 minutes ago, Dangerous55019 said:

I just hope and pray that this goes ‘BANG’ big time! Otherwise it’s a lot of completely unnecessary suffering, with no pay back whatsoever! ?⛈??

Not seeing any indications of thunder unfortunately. Seems that the last year or so has been an incredibly unthundery period in British history. Nothing here to speak of for a year. Astonishing. When I lived in the SE there would be thunder every couple weeks between April and September. Is that still the case down there I wonder.

42 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

26c  

Yeah, it's nauseatingly cool for summer isn't it?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Whenever it's too hot outside I keep my windows closed. Where's the logic in letting the hot air in only to moan about it?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
2 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

Whenever it's too hot outside I keep my windows closed. Where's the logic in letting the hot air in only to moan about it?

Only works to a point. Eventually your house warms up then it's question of trying to get the heat out.

Anyway GFS suggests a short bit of relief over the weekend witht he nheat returning for a couple of days for Eastern and Southern england before soem relief from the north west. Sadly no storms so will need to bite the bullet and top the ponds up.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

It was 27c in our bedroom last night. That's with windows open and two fans. One year it hit 35C and we ended up not bothering to sleep. Thankfully around 6am a small thunderstorm build up and i scared decent folk by dancing on the green in front of the house while they were going to work in the rain. 

• Like 7

Posted
6 minutes ago, Dami said:

It was 27c in our bedroom last night. That's with windows open and two fans. One year it hit 35C and we ended up not bothering to sleep. Thankfully around 6am a small thunderstorm build up and i scared decent folk by dancing on the green in front of the house while they were going to work in the rain. 

Twas 27 Centigrade in our bedroom last night... 

Does anyone know why Mary Shytehouse wanted this one banned?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
9 hours ago, Dangerous55019 said:

25°C isn’t that hot tbh. Nothing out of the ordinary for June.

9 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

Yeah best to keep windows shut during the day on hot days.

6 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

Twas 27 Centigrade in our bedroom last night... 

Does anyone know why Mary Shytehouse wanted this one banned?

I don’t think I’ve heard that version before. I’ve heard the combine harvester version before.

Posted

It hasn't reached even 21 in my apartment, a modern design also. Haven't even had to open a single window either. Wonder why it's still so cool inside.... haunted?

• Like 1

Posted
13 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

BBC Weather app only going for 24°C here on Friday and into the mid teens at the weekend and with a moderate breeze it shouldn’t be too bad at all.

Still above what I’d call comfortable but just a single warm day rather than anything extreme. Down south it’s still forecast to be a lot hotter though.

211AC7AC-839D-4574-9483-D430AE7D70FD.png

That's just embarrassingly cold for a warm spell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
52 minutes ago, Thundershine said:

It hasn't reached even 21 in my apartment, a modern design also. Haven't even had to open a single window either. Wonder why it's still so cool inside.... haunted?

Poor insulation maybe?

46 minutes ago, Thundershine said:

That's just embarrassingly cold for a warm spell.

24C is considered pretty hot round here and in the sun it will still feel quite hot I imagine.

Btw, while the south swelters, Lerwick is forecast to be 14C, strong winds and rain tomorrow. Anyone envious?

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, East Lancs Rain said:

Poor insulation maybe?

Not sure... poor insulation usually means a place gets hot in hot weather and cold in cold weather. Seems my place doesn't let heat in to begin with. It gets no sun facing NW.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 hours ago, Thundershine said:

Great idea for free air conditioning, hold a seance and invite in the ghosts  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

So thankful the bulk of this hot spell is southern based, lovely over 10c drop in my area Saturday and next week also looking far better.  Just got July to endure then the worst could be over fingers crossed.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.
5 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Poor insulation maybe?

24C is considered pretty hot round here and in the sun it will still feel quite hot I imagine.

Btw, while the south swelters, Lerwick is forecast to be 14C, strong winds and rain tomorrow. Anyone envious?

I now want to live in Lerwick!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
19 minutes ago, simshady said:

default_card_315.jpg
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Wanlockhead Youth Hostel 7 day weather forecast including weather warnings, temperature, rain, wind, visibility, humidity and UV

I wonder if i'm to old for a Youth Hostel stay!.....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
16 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

Problem is though you then run the risk of turning your home into a greenhouse. Had a debate with my other half about this this morning, I still think it's better to keep the windows open and allow ventilation. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 hour ago, simshady said:

Lerwick summers, a lot like our winters

16 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Problem is though you then run the risk of turning your home into a greenhouse. Had a debate with my other half about this this morning, I still think it's better to keep the windows open and allow ventilation. 

Aye, definitely especially if wind direction is right, like should feel less hot in my room tonight, westerly wind meant to arrive, open windows face NW

Posted
1 hour ago, Nick L said:

My flat, being vintage 2012, has special glass that, from the outside, looks a lot like a mirror. I suppose I could turn the A/C on (really nothing more than mechanical ventilation) but that also brings hot air in from outside.

Posted
1 hour ago, Nick L said:

Close the curtain keeps the sun out too. Oour living room was 23.5c yesterday whilst it was 28c out almost! Made a big difference.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty

Roll on tomorrow, can’t come quick enough and should be 15 degrees cooler.  To add insult to injury I’m having a nightmare trying to keep sun umbrellas stable over the pen with the pesky wind that has picked up.  Sadly, looks like the heat may start building again during next week?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
21 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

You have to have windows open through the night, then close them first thing, but most importantly close curtains and blinds. Otherwise it’s a greenhouse

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

You have to have windows open through the night, then close them first thing, but most importantly close curtains and blinds. Otherwise it’s a greenhouse

Exactly. This is what I do every day.

• Like 2

Posted

31c, spent 2mins outside in shade to get dog to pee, awful hot with what feels like a 100c hot breeze. Not even a storm to look forward to. Tonight is another no sleep night to dread. When’s the snow coming? ⛄⛄

• Like 1

Posted

I am sad that with such decent warmth and the cold front surging south on saturday, we aren't guaranteed any storms at all. France and the continent seem to get all the fun no matter what direction everything is coming from.

Just been sat in the garden with my feet in a bucket of cold water and it was wonderful.

• Like 3