Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The heat haters club 2022

Dami
Message added by Paul,

This thread is for those who don't enjoy the heat to discuss that and offer support to each other through the summer months. If you don't feel similarly and don't have any empathy for those who do, please don't post in here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 minutes ago, 78/79 said:

Maybe if some of these brain dead imbeciles were banged up for 12 years minimum for committing Criminal Damage With Intent to Endanger Life, others may have second thoughts. 

I'll not be holding my breath though, doubtless  some bleeding heart would crawl out of the woodwork and start making excuses for them in court, and elsewhere. 

For a wee second there, 78/79, I misread that as 'hanged up'. image.thumb.png.e04ed86e6ba0cd49ecdbd6b75649e6b7.png 😂

Is it too much vodka or common sense? Heat & vodka, eh? I've suddenly found I can play Quo's Down Down on my guitar! 50-odd years' trying and suddenly viola, there it is -- the product of a heatwave!:drunk-emoji:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
59 minutes ago, SunnyPlease said:

I understand people have different weather preferences but I must say how nice it is to have a prolonged summer, and a very rare nice August. 

I will also say this….people will be crying for this weather come the winter when they’re using all their salaries to pay for gas….just saying 

while i agree with the summer and fuel bills, I doubt many will want it to be 38+ for a while.

just saying. 

🙂

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
1 hour ago, SunnyPlease said:

I understand people have different weather preferences but I must say how nice it is to have a prolonged summer, and a very rare nice August. 

I will also say this….people will be crying for this weather come the winter when they’re using all their salaries to pay for gas….just saying 

Currently using most of my salary to pay for the aircon.....

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

For a wee second there, 78/79, I misread that as 'hanged up'. image.thumb.png.e04ed86e6ba0cd49ecdbd6b75649e6b7.png 😂

Is it too much vodka or common sense? Heat & vodka, eh? I've suddenly found I can play Quo's Down Down on my guitar! 50-odd years' trying and suddenly viola, there it is -- the product of a heatwave!:drunk-emoji:

Funnily enough Pete, I've been putting in a bit of practice on the Bass this week during the afternoons that I've been off. 

• Like 1

Posted

Yesterday, from my vantage point at home, I could see at least three fires off to the East of Brum, and the day before there was also quite a pall of smoke down to the South. It is worrying, and I really feel sorry for the fire fighters having to deal with them in this weather.

For my sins I'm off down to London, just in time for the highest temperatures! My only silver lining is my train isn't till 8pm tonight, so the sun will finally be setting! Might be missing all the thunderstorms too *cries*

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Sure I heard Absolute Radio news saying warning extended until Tuesday, grim news but they meant thunderstorm warning

Had Enough!!!!!!!!!!!! just seen post from Summer Sun, that Absolute were right, bbc and meto soon will follow GFS and give 31 degrees here

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
4 hours ago, SunnyPlease said:

Whilst I don't mind a bit of hot weather and am happy that we are getting a good August for once, I do have to say that it is far easier to warm up than it is to cool down. There are ways to warm up other than putting your heating on - a blanket, electric throw, hot water bottle, extra layers of clothing etc. But not much you can really do when it is hot. You can go completely naked, have your fan on and you'd still be too hot.

And also, just because you don't like the cold, doesn't necessarily mean that you like the heat. Some people just like it to be mild or warm.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
32 minutes ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

Whilst I don't mind a bit of hot weather and am happy that we are getting a good August for once, I do have to say that it is far easier to warm up than it is to cool down. There are ways to warm up other than putting your heating on - a blanket, electric throw, hot water bottle, extra layers of clothing etc. But not much you can really do when it is hot. You can go completely naked, have your fan on and you'd still be too hot.

And also, just because you don't like the cold, doesn't necessarily mean that you like the heat. Some people just like it to be mild or warm.

Wet clothes does the trick for me, not damp, wringing wet, but sick of doing it, just want this filth over

assuming though only a break as 35 degree muck comes back around 24th

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, preferably thunderstorms, cold and bad weather.

Been a blessed relief today here with the wind turning to the north-east. Cloud came over in the late afternoon, and with a bit of luck, temperatures in the teens will persist until tomorrow afternoon.

• Like 2

Posted

This weather is just purgatory ,  still 3 days of energy sapping, uncomfortable vile temps .  Its just depressing working in it 

Cant wait for the 'cool'  21c of next week, perfect and civilised temperature 

• Like 5

Posted

What really strikes me is that hot charts in FI now seem to verify most of the time, whereas in winter cold charts so rarely do. Maybe that sums up the complete nightmare.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Been awake since 4am due to the heat upstairs, despite fans on and windows open. I decided to come down and open the back doors and all the windows in the house fully. It was still a balmy 22C outside at 4am.

Temp dropped to 20.7C before rising again, managed to get the temp downstairs to a more comfy 24C thismorning before it started to rise as the sun came up,  so have shut all doors, windows and curtains to trap the cooler air in for as long as possible. 

Fingers crossed this will help to mitigate the house getting as hot as it did yesterday, though unlikely lol. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

Opened all doors and windows at 6am this morning and within minutes house was cooler. 

Nights are getting longer now giving more time for temperature to fall. 

We was down to around 13'c this morning which was a degree or two down on yesterday morning. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Morning all.

Awful night here. Bedroom felt like i was sleeping in the shower room with it turned on full wack.  Felt so humid and didn't go past 25c. Seems more of the same tonight and hotter today. Already feel too warm at 9am. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
3 minutes ago, Dami said:

Morning all.

Awful night here. Bedroom felt like i was sleeping in the shower room with it turned on full wack.  Felt so humid and didn't go past 25c. Seems more of the same tonight and hotter today. Already feel too warm at 9am. 

I'm glad I live on the 1st floor, Dami: leaving my windies wide-open all night means it's quite comfortable come the morning; horrible in the afternoon, though!💦

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, warm, snow

So, so fed up with this heat now - it was just perfect outdoors at 8am with gorgeous blue sky and 20C.  I wish it could stay like that all day.  I feel totally drained of energy now and just want it to stop!

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
5 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Peak of heat tomorrow with a filthy 36 degrees, peak of heat today is for the south!

Morning to President Dami, and all fellow Heat Haters. 

Yes, I r A 252, around another 48 hours or so of this disgusting heat to endure, before we can breathe again.

But as was said the other Day, what we lose in degrees Celsius we unfortunately get an increase in humidity, which will have to be the price we pay, as some moisture and instability are injected into the equation.

I had a surprisingly decent night's sleep, last Night,  We decided to keep our Bedroom door ajar, and allow some slightly fresher air to come into our Room, from our other Bedroom across the landing, as it's window faces East and as what little wind there was last Night, was flowing from that direction. I have been stirring around 2 A.M. but for a change it was 4.20, when I looked at my Mobile. I knew I had slept through, as the tumbler of water that I brought up to bed with me, remained untouched.

Fabrizio and Petunia Fans did a wonderful job last Night, and worked well in tandem and stuck to their tasks, rather simply flirting and oscillating, towards each other, Not sure if Vicky the amorous Vixen was plying her "trade" on the corner of our Close, as the whirring of Fabrizio and Petunia's motors, made it difficult to hear above their, necessary noise.

We've decided to keep newborn Tulip the Turbo Fan in reserve but she well will probably, be needed Tonight.

Below, are the recent observations, from nearby London City Airport: Temp - 21C, Dew Point - 15c. Relative Humidity - 69%.

image.thumb.png.80f645b4ae88c4ccacf45df5e347b034.png

I can already feel that increasing humidity, sitting in my East facing Lounge, even with our two downstairs Fans on.

So, how are things looking, as we go through the Weekend and the early part of next Week? This Morning's offerings are from two of BBC's, female Meteorologists. Dame Sarah [Keith-Lucas] of Hastings. She was awarded her Damehood, after getting us out of that last bout of filthy Weather, back in July and still on duty late Yesterday Afternoon was Signora Elizabeth Rizzini.

Let's have a look at what Dame Sarah, has to offer. Dame Sarah looked very concerned about the lack of Rainfall, around the Southern half of England.  But became about more animated when suggesting that relief was at hand, in a few Day's time, with the second image.

20220813_061902.thumb.jpg.4e5e9133bfa51e0b366b60f1f76815ca.jpg 20220813_062312.thumb.jpg.aa3755ad0a8628071b3d363a38da63de.jpg

Dame Sarah, ended on an optimistic note, with a promise of some Thundery Showers, and a noticeable drop in temperature, for London. 

20220813_062232.thumb.jpg.95fef88227610d08d6ec550c8b3cf772.jpg 20220813_062352.thumb.jpg.f1a9623b5c7b4671c5d57d1b546f2acd.jpg

Meanwhile, Signora Rizzini, looking very fetching I must say, in another number from her Summer wardrobe, began on a familiar note.

Then our Lizzie, looking as if she was going to faint from heat exhaustion, then noted the probable catalyst for change, a Thundery looking Low that is expected to develop, over France.

20220813_064259.thumb.jpg.e7fe02fb120fe38a967f808694ae82e3.jpg 20220813_064339.thumb.jpg.5df9c03f5d3e93dd469effc427f46ff8.jpg

Signora Rizzini went on to add, that the expected Thundery Showers, could be very "hit and miss" but where they do occur, could result in some flash flooding, due to the rock hard ground, after such a long period without any Rainfall.

20220813_064101.thumb.jpg.20108aed276488ba6d2ff0d89e50aa3d.jpg

But Signora Rizzini suggested the possibilty of some of these Thundery Showers, showing their hand, on Monday.

With an increasing risk on Tuesday and Wednesday

20220813_064608.thumb.jpg.981048a262cedaa361485a7430ed8071.jpg 20220813_064642.thumb.jpg.c6b7a9418f9f6b1f41eda4a5b483655e.jpg

But Signora Rizzini ended her Forecast on an optimistic note, with a fall off in Temperatures, as we head through next Week.

20220813_064435.thumb.jpg.67760228f00d53d7eaee3194be323664.jpg

Finally, she looked very happy on our behalf, when presenting, these final two charts:

20220813_064806.thumb.jpg.f43cb4e05feb8a54171c066614680295.jpg 20220813_064731.thumb.jpg.c8882002d9ec26569a156c8824c8a774.jpg

If you've got this right Signora, molte grazie from President Dami and all members of the H.H.P. [Heat Haters Party].

Is it just coincidence, that all these Ladie's male colleagues seem to go missing when there is a likelihood of a breakdown and end to this God forsaken Weather, or are they too scared to put their reputations on the line, if their Forecasts go awry? 

I see some on the opposite side of the spectrum [Heat Lovers Party], are already willing yet a third heatwave to hit us, in September.

Not wishing to play Weather Politics but havn't we seen enough damage done to the health and infrastructure of this Country, so far this Summer?  

One Man's meat is certainly another Man's poison, and this one is well and truly fed up with being poisoned, by this Summer!!

Roll on Autumn, I say.

Regards,

Tom Q. 👍 😓

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty

One of the posters (Cambrian) kindly posted this chart in the model thread. Seems like Greenland is the place to be - need to rustle up a coach trip to there 😃 or buy a time share or holiday cottage.  

A624AB98-6FC3-416C-BA4F-63C11C43F2CF.webp

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty
1 hour ago, sarahng said:

So, so fed up with this heat now - it was just perfect outdoors at 8am with gorgeous blue sky and 20C.  I wish it could stay like that all day.  I feel totally drained of energy now and just want it to stop!

Yes, so am I, its just getting so very irritating now.  I have said to my mum this morning, if these are our summers of the future every year, I will seriously have to think about moving somewhere much cooler.   I can’t function in this heat day in and day out. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

Morning o’fellow heat haters. 🥵

The U.K. Meto have just updated their thunderstorm warning to include Sunday and Tuesday as well as expanding the warning Monday. 🌩⛈🙏🏻

Please let this happen bring this miserable summer to an end! 🌩⛈🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

953B59F8-0ACB-49CE-90B8-94BC0260CF44.png

B801F6C9-7446-4ADA-BA7E-40DB7EFD7371.png

677A585C-70D9-45EB-B36E-EF4369BEE0DB.png

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes
20 hours ago, markyo said:

Currently using most of my salary to pay for the aircon.....

Everybody move to Ireland the chimneys still smoke in july

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
41 minutes ago, emmett garland said:

Everybody move to Ireland the chimneys still smoke in july

My Wife has Irish blood, and she smokes all Year round.

Only joking, she gave up a long time ago.

Regards,

Tom Q. 👍 😓

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool and quiet; snow can be nice too

Oh joy I'm at the "I'm terrified of the thunderstorm that ends this" stage of the heatwave.

But at least it would mean an end to this heatwave...