Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The no AC Club(people who don’t have any)

Posted

My studio flat is currently 27c, and my room temp has been around 24-26c over the last few nights.

Last night was a bit cooler in the flat, but we will start pulling the blinds down now. Despite it being nice and sunny, and we only have north facing windows, but trying to keep the place a bit cooler before this very hot spell kicks in from tomorrow.

We have a small fan blowing the air around, but that makes no real difference. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

I have no AC at home or at work. It's no issue for me as my apartment is NW facing and doesn't get any sun, while the temps at work are a bit higher, it's not too hot ever to concentrate really, due to the cool summers we generally have. A couple of hot days this week won't be the most comfortable, but it's only two days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All of it!

No AC here, apart from in the car! 

We converted our garage last year, the upstairs is my office.  It’s got huge amounts of insulation in order to comply with the latest building regs.  It stays cool up until lunchtime and then it starts to warm up.

The house on the other hand, was built out of timber in the 1700s and the downstairs stays cool all day long, even without us having curtains.  It’s quite an odd contrast, and I’m not an expert enough on 18th century building methods to understand why, but I’m liking it!  

Edited by Beanz
  • Like 2