Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 1st August 2022 onwards

Supacell

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
9 minutes ago, Superstormuk said:

lightening over Brighton, at the moment. 

The winds that accompanied were phenomenal for 2 or 3 minutes.

Straight line winds of close to 70mph in gusts I would estimate.

• Like 4

Posted

A couple of claps of thunder soon after 7.30 hear then isolated lightning to east.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and severe weather events.

Just had a very short and sharp thunderstorm here just north of Brighton. Only a handful of strikes but very loud thunder on 2 or 3 of them which shook the ground. Torrential rain and hail for around 15mins but the wind gusts were phenomenal with a sudden veer in wind direction briefly!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Slug

I was watching the lightning today and some random guys comes up to me and asks “wow!  Is that a hurricane” 😂 i was like no mate it’s a thunderstorm but i said i wish it was as i enjoy storms.  

how can one not know that?  I understand humans have different interests and know about things when others don’t but i just don’t get how someone could believe a hurricane was there.  

Seems stupid is in all of us 😂 as sometimes i am brain dead at things; but as long as we are happy, hopefully we can find some peace haha.  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!

Last one from me.. 

No lightning worth mentioning for this neck of the woods, but it was nice to get out with the camera, and to put on winter clothing for the first time as we approach winter 😁

Very seasonal ⛈️🌬️🍂

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots
On 22/08/2022 at 09:34, ResonantChannelThunder said:

An interesting September for storms? That'd be a first 😁 Hope you're right, but the season's over now IMO, not that it ever really started 

Well, after the autumn we've had, I've decided I should post that the season's over every late August 😉

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!
2 minutes ago, Sprites said:

Shots from Yesterday's Thunderstorm squall, time constraints,and a lack of planning, flat camera battery,made this a last minute dash. I did get a few shots though.

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Cumulus, Sky, Cloud, Spire, Tower, Building, Architecture

Could contain: Ditch, Nature, Puddle, Land, Outdoors

Could contain: Nature, Weather, Outdoors, Field, Scenery, Grassland, Tree, Plant, Sky, Cumulus

Could contain: Nature, Weather, Outdoors, Cumulus, Cloud, Sky, Field, Grassland, Building, Countryside

Could contain: Nature, Person, Human, Crystal, Outdoors, Hail, Ice

Could contain: Nature, Crystal, Hail, Diamond, Accessories, Jewelry, Gemstone, Accessory

Could contain: Grass, Plant, Nature, Outdoors, Field, Grassland, Ground, Tent, Sky

Love the rainbow shot! 

Nice pictures 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days
14 minutes ago, Sprites said:

Shots from Yesterday's Thunderstorm squall, time constraints,and a lack of planning, flat camera battery,made this a last minute dash. I did get a few shots though.

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Cumulus, Sky, Cloud, Spire, Tower, Building, Architecture

Could contain: Nature, Weather, Outdoors, Field, Scenery, Grassland, Tree, Plant, Sky, Cumulus

Could contain: Nature, Weather, Outdoors, Cumulus, Cloud, Sky, Field, Grassland, Building, Countryside

Could contain: Grass, Plant, Nature, Outdoors, Grassland, Field, Ground, Sky

Could contain: Nature, Crystal, Hail, Diamond, Accessories, Jewelry, Gemstone, Accessory

I love that 3rd shot 👍🏼👍🏼

• Thanks 1

Posted
33 minutes ago, Sprites said:

Could contain: Grass, Plant, Nature, Outdoors, Grassland, Field, Ground, Sky

Great shots!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and severe weather events.

Some extremely heavy convective rain here right now just north of Brighton and Hove,no lightning to speak of but astounding rainfall considering there's no sparks! Quite gusty winds at times too.

• Like 2

Posted

Not thunderstorm related but convective rainfall has now dropped 50mm of rain since midnight, flooding widely across the region and roads and rail  impassable.

Numerous breakdowns in floodwater and other related RTC incidents. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

“Heavy thundery showers” forecast for my location today……

Could contain: Sky, Nature, Outdoors, Grassland, Field, Grass, Meadow, Weather, Pasture, Cumulus

…..and there is one!   The view to the south west shows some convection going on - I might be lucky later perhaps..?

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

Under a Met Office thunderstorm warning this evening. Let's see how that goes!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Met office have issued a yellow thunderstorm warning now.

It was a fun windy day yesterday so if we get thundery weather today then that will be two day's in a row with the two weather types i like the most.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Heavy downpour just moved through with several rumbles of thunder in the last 5-10 minutes.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

A metoffice warning for  thunderstorms was issued for my area which has totally jinxed it today for any thundery activity

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Nicks storm forecast has the risk area further north than the met...so maybe a chance again...

Posted

Tonight is one of those occasions when the warm SSTs will really play a part, hopefully. I'm liking that the winds are less than recent days too, meaning there could just be a chance for some 'easier' lightning photography. This year was the first time I've managed to shoot storms in September in the UK, and doing so in November would be another first! 🤞

Edited by ResonantChannelThunder
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1