Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 1st August 2022 onwards

Supacell

Posted

be interesting to hear what dan thinks of this

over on the model thread its been pointed out that UKV follows the UKM model, and the GFS/ECM have produced less unstable outcomes. 

lets see what happens on this.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Marginal instability showing for here on the GFS for Monday, but also a strong cap. Much better for those further inland though.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spicy weather
9 hours ago, The Tall Weatherman said:

@Tempest Depends if the cap brakes on Monday, the storms may struggle to lift off where you are.

Ahh well, I’ll just have to cross my fingers 🥺

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and long, sunny summers

Some Interesting soundings from the GFS 18z run for tuesday showing a MRGL tornado risk with around 900 j/kg of cape for East Anglia alongside supercell composites of 4. While we are still 4 days away there is the possibility of a few strong storms for both monday and tuesday across central and southern England.

Screenshot 2022-08-12 005033.png

Screenshot 2022-08-12 010051.png

Screenshot 2022-08-12 010502.png

Edited by WeatherArc
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

UKV 03z remains with the storm theme and even amps up the activity a little more, with things starting to destabilise on Sunday afternoon/evening with scattered showers/thunderstorms breaking out over England/East Wales and more so Scotland, NW England gets a chance overnight Sunday, Then Monday looks very interesting with potentially intense thunderstorms over England of Wales and that risk then remains until overnight Tuesday into Wednesday, by this time most of the country has seen rain, including the SE. Still not to be taken literally though, but the theme seems good enough to be confident that thunderstorms and intense downpours will develop.

image.thumb.png.1015296b710f89fd547c5ac19e86a80c.png

image.thumb.png.8070b60a6d46106555755e52605c3cd6.png

image.thumb.png.cd5eaf80ca8dda7ad13d2dc30c19e824.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Sparkiee storm
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

Morning o’fellow storm starved folk of Netweather, I see that the U.K. Meto has just issued a thunderstorm warning for Monday! 🌩⛈🙏🏻

Obviously it’s a long way off, but it’s an encouraging start. 🥵👍🏻

89A2F8DF-D47D-4284-8531-98588287A075.png

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
Just now, Mapantz said:

I never find a MetOffice thunderstorm warning encouraging lol

Me neither. And a BBC one even less!😁

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

well blow me, i've got a yellow for thunder on Monday, so guess that won't happen!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow
39 minutes ago, Dangerous55019 said:

Morning o’fellow storm starved folk of Netweather, I see that the U.K. Meto has just issued a thunderstorm warning for Monday! 🌩⛈🙏🏻

Certainly not encouraging for the south east ...no warning as usual...😡

Edited by minus10
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
39 minutes ago, Dangerous55019 said:

I'm not in it apparently (when I land back at Gatwick anyway) so thats a nailed on Storm for me then 🤣

2 minutes ago, minus10 said:

I'd argue that's quite encouraging based off previous events 

• Like 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, minus10 said:

I wouldn't worry, a MET Office warning is usually the kiss of death for anything to actually happen.  Plus Monday is a few days away and always subject to change.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Let's just see nearer the time and see what Dan says or if estofex get on board or indeed looking out the window on the day

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
3 hours ago, snow raven said:

I wouldn't worry, a MET Office warning is usually the kiss of death for anything to actually happen.  Plus Monday is a few days away and always subject to change.

Hi Leeanne,

And if those wildfires break out over your way again, as they did the other Evening. Do you think you could extinguish the flames, before they make it over to Lee, on that East.wind.

Cheers,

Tom. 👍 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

Not sure how much to trust the UKV given it has storms spreading in from the southwest from the secondary low on Tues night, whereas other models are already removing unstable conditions away from the east at that point with a northerly fetch. I suspect the 15z run may show something completely different.

• Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, ResonantChannelThunder said:

Not sure how much to trust the UKV given it has storms spreading in from the southwest from the secondary low on Tues night, whereas other models are already removing unstable conditions away from the east at that point with a northerly fetch. I suspect the 15z run may show something completely different.

You have a point lance, regarding sun eve/night, i think it will be a northern event, and the daytime monday will be england/wales, as according to met office warning the storms will clear during the eve/night hours on monday night, 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Due to the highly unstable and relatively moist atmopshere, storms could pop up almost anywhere from Sunday night to Tuesday night in my opinion. Just have to hope any crud from elevated thunderstorms doesn't inhibit any strong/severe convection the following day.

Edited by DiagonalRedLine
Removing empty space under post
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 hour ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

Due to the highly unstable and relatively moist atmopshere, storms could pop up almost anywhere from Sunday night to Tuesday night in my opinion. Just have to hope any crud from elevated thunderstorms doesn't inhibit any strong/severe convection the following day.

From my perspective, Ben, we need rain. And I really couldn't care less whether its source is elevated or not!😁

Edited by DiagonalRedLine
Removing empty space under post
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather

Starting to get real intriguing for Monday and Tuesday based on the new 12z runs. Definitely room for change but the situation is definitely getting closer. Monday looking like a big day with (<2000) cape building across central and northern Wales moving east as the day goes on, the storms might become organised for a time as the afternoon ends around parts of central/western England . The storms should rumble away by Tuesday morning and quickly during the morning hours (<2000) cape should interact with the very warm and humid, perhaps sheared environment. Central south England and eastern England should see the strongest storms of day but widely across England scattered storm can be expected. 

69481FF9-4ECE-4F12-B72A-336271BAED0B.jpeg

8B6232E9-70FE-4C2E-8CDB-BA30D8C3E306.jpeg

DE206EB1-FE3E-4576-930F-0C26D19903EE.jpeg

CEC5384B-448F-4AEC-B51D-64FB23969C6F.jpeg

• Like 9