Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports - Wednesday 06th October 2004

Paul

Posted

Large storm approaching here, about 5 miles or so away still but massive tower visible in the distance and thunder quite loud already :shock: Strikealert detecting regular strikes... Didn't expect this today!

Posted

Lol, its headed west to east pretty much I think - but that said once it came closer that thunder stopped and all I ended up with was some very heavy rain and about 20 seconds of hail :D . Still - better thunder than I got throughout the summer even if it was just 4 loud crashes a few miles away!

Posted

I got caught in a downpour this morning :D

Watching the skies today has been fascinating. I thought after the downpour cleared that it seemed to be developing into a cb. 2nd thought was that storms wouldn't surprise me :idea:

Having checked the radar run and lightning detectors I am confident that the clouds I saw this morning moved ESE to give the thundery activity this afternoon.

1500 radar shows a vicious bright red cell south of London 8)

A less active shower this afternoon had lovely mammatus as it cleared away :)

Posted

I have some really heavy showers today and between 2 and 3pm there were a couple of rumbles of thunder associated with one of the showers

Posted

Drove through some extremely heavy rain around the Faversham area of Kent. Visablity was greatly reduced and windscreen wipers on full was hardly clearing the shear volume of water.