Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Cold Haters Club 22/23

RJBingham

Posted
Just now, Ed Stone said:

And, would ye believe it: all the lovely hoarfrost has melted!😒

Did you get a photo first? Sad times ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Did you get a photo first? Sad times ...

Het. But I hold all my imaginary photos in ma heid!🤓

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
3 minutes ago, RJBingham said:

Double digits for the rest of the week, and no frost, I'd call that mild. 

I'd call it a WIN!👍

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Got above freezing for the first time since Nov 25th here on Thursday..but didn't last back to -15c/ -20c again by Friday afternoon.

• Like 1

Posted
12 hours ago, RJBingham said:

Lot of optimism for mild in the MAD thread 👍

Didn't take much to get them all rabid again. Record breaking cold for March! Frequent Greeny blocking! -10 for April!

Nice to have a happy haven here to wallow in a bit of mild loving 🙃

• Like 2

Posted
21 hours ago, davehsug said:

Didn't take much to get them all rabid again. Record breaking cold for March! Frequent Greeny blocking! -10 for April!

Nice to have a happy haven here to wallow in a bit of mild loving 🙃

You are in the right place mate 👍 ☀️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!

I've completely flipped this year, all my life wishing for bitterly cold winters and snow have been replaced by pleading for mild, brought on by moving to a new but older house that is seems to be about 500 a month to heat and the onset of raynauds disease. Never thought I'd be that person but at 43 there you go, age creeping in.  Roll on warm weather please,winter can do one. Barely ever delivers anything other than cold, cloudy and dry anyway zzzzz 

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Just when you thought we had got through it all another high pressure appears when it's not wanted and awful sub zero mornings are back. To be fair.  Lovely day with sparkling sunshine and blue skies! 

I certainly didn't enjoy scraping the car this morning, but when I went out at lunchtime, when I could finally find somewhee in the sun, it was noticeably warm on my back. First time in a few months I can say that. Just our luck that ECM shows us drawing up winds from Spain & North Africa, ata time when the uppers down there are no higher than here! 😠

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

I always think of November to March as 'cold'. Whether it be -1c or 12c I just find it all to be cold. Even April and May if the wind is in the wrong direction. So if March turns out to be really cold so be it. Although I won't like it one bit at least the days are getting longer and the dark days of November to February are over. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

I've only put the heating on each evening for a few hours so far this week, it can stay like that hopefully until some point in April when I'll turn the central heating off.....Mild days can continue please.  Hoping to get the garden ready in March and new plants planted so hoping it doesn't turn cold again...

Edited by TwisterGirl81
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

back to sub -30c coming up here over the next 2 weeks ..after that we hopefully should start trending towards real spring as March progresses 

Posted

Dreading the prospect of a potential cold spell given the fact it's been a very pleasant and cold-free February so far for the most part.

Don't know about everyone else but I've felt in spring-mode over the past few days. Fingers crossed the latest GFS run is wrong.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
7 hours ago, Scorcher said:

Dreading the prospect of a potential cold spell given the fact it's been a very pleasant and cold-free February so far for the most part.

Don't know about everyone else but I've felt in spring-mode over the past few days. Fingers crossed the latest GFS run is wrong.

Quite right, as the end of February comes ever closer, and the start of spring, we could be threatened with being plunged back into pointless cold. Of course there'll be cold snaps in March, happens just about every year, and we usually get a few snow showers at least, but the prospect of a prolonged cold spell is truly awful. Let's hope it doesn't come to be. I hate cold Aprils most of all, lot's of lovely daylight often until after 8.30, and it's too cold & wet to enjoy it.

• Like 2

Posted
8 hours ago, davehsug said:

Quite right, as the end of February comes ever closer, and the start of spring, we could be threatened with being plunged back into pointless cold. Of course there'll be cold snaps in March, happens just about every year, and we usually get a few snow showers at least, but the prospect of a prolonged cold spell is truly awful. Let's hope it doesn't come to be. I hate cold Aprils most of all, lot's of lovely daylight often until after 8.30, and it's too cold & wet to enjoy it.

Yes fingers crossed the GFS is incorrect at the moment- it has always been a cold-biased model. The ECM is a lot more palatable this morning with the coldest air staying away from the UK.

I can tolerate a March cold spell as long as it doesn't occur after an early warm spell and spring growth has properly started and as you say, it's not too prolonged. March 2013 was a truly awful month.

April cold is completely pointless in all circumstances.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
16 hours ago, Scorcher said:

It's FI, if it's going to be wet, then hope it's wrong, but advantage is at this time of the year it dosen't have to be that cold to snow, can be 7 degrees in March/April before snow

Tick tock tick tock....at least the longer any adverse SSW impacts take the less likely it will be a cold and snowy spell.  I do fear a cold and wet spring though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
2 hours ago, Scorcher said:

Yes fingers crossed the GFS is incorrect at the moment- it has always been a cold-biased model. The ECM is a lot more palatable this morning with the coldest air staying away from the UK.

I can tolerate a March cold spell as long as it doesn't occur after an early warm spell and spring growth has properly started and as you say, it's not too prolonged. March 2013 was a truly awful month.

April cold is completely pointless in all circumstances.

I don't find myself in this thread from Nov to early Feb but this time of year I do.

The prospect of a cold spring is thoroughly depressing. As you say March 2013 was awful. Just produced loads of grey, cold depressing rubbish with hardly any snow where I live. At least March 2018 produced some snow and some wintry sun. Having said that I don't care too much about what March does but I want April and May to be mild/pleasant/warm

There are those cheering on April cold on the model thread. Each to their own but, as you say, cold in April is utterly pointless. Just stunts or destroys any growth that we've had before an April cold spell and hardly ever produces anything of note unless you live on a mountain or a high hill in the north. A couple of snow showers where the snow melts as soon as the sun comes out is useless. Followed by damaging frosts

Fortunately, we have had plenty of warm Aprils this century so hopefully that trend continues

Edited by LRD
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, LRD said:

I don't find myself in this thread from Nov to early Feb but this time of year I do.

The prospect of a cold spring is thoroughly depressing. As you say March 2013 was awful. Just produced loads of grey, cold depressing rubbish with hardly any snow where I live. At least March 2018 produced some snow and some wintry sun. Having said that I don't care too much about what March does but I want April and May to be mild/pleasant/warm

There are those cheering on April cold on the model thread. Each to their own but, as you say, cold in April is utterly pointless. Just stunts or destroys any growth that we've had before an April cold spell and hardly ever produces anything of note unless you live on a mountain or a high hill in the north. A couple of snow showers where the snow melts as soon as the sun comes out is useless. Followed by damaging frosts

Fortunately, we have had plenty of warm Aprils this century so hopefully that trend continues

A 2020/2011/2007 April will do very nicely...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
21 hours ago, Scorcher said:

A 2020/2011/2007 April will do very nicely...

Yep another April and May 2020 would be great

Followed by summer 1990, 1995, 2018 or 2022 (but with more thunderstorms)

• Thanks 1