Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Cold Haters Club 22/23

RJBingham

Posted
20 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

its not like it gets really cold for any length of time in the UK no such luck here in Canada..where it is both biting cold and dark 6 months of the year..it does however get uncomfortably warm/hot most summers ..due to the humidity in the UK ..you could argue the dampness in winter makes the UK feel a lot colder than it actually is.

I don’t agree about the summer comment completely. I find winters in the U.K. a lot more trying than Canadian ones because we get less sunshine.

I find the damp and cold of the U.K. sometimes more uncomfortable compared to Canadian cold, even though it was minus 5 to minus 10 on some days when I lived there.

The dry frosty cold of December 2022 was kind of similar, where it felt cold but not as cold as the damp and cloudy 5-10c, which often feels much colder than the actual temperature.

Summers can be humid here, but warm or hot sunny dry spells can be very pleasant, whenever it’s clear blue skies. The humidity tends be worse on cloudy summer days in the low 20s, when it can also feel cold if the wind direction changes.

Canadian summers are also very humid at times. 

Edited by Sunny76
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
1 minute ago, Cheshire Freeze said:

There's been nowt cold for anyone to complain about yet.

Above average month after above average month.

Indeed. Wonder what it takes to please the heat lovers.  In the times we live in, how they can complain is beyond me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
3 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

How about 8 months of horrible dull chilly weather. Dark. Wet. Cold. That enough ?

Flip it around. 11 months of weather that's too warm to even support a decent snowfall that lies around longer than an hour.

Then when we do finally get some snow in March, you lot start whining about it as if we're on the 12th week of a Canadian style freeze up.

Edited by Cheshire Freeze
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

It's never really properly cold in this country and we're lucky if we get two or three days of lying snow. Heat lovers have it easy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, simshady said:

It's never really properly cold in this country and we're lucky if we get two or three days of lying snow. Heat lovers have it easy.

It's always cold. Never gets hot. Even in winter when it's 8c it's cold. If you think 8c is warm fair enough. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
4 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

How about 8 months of horrible dull chilly weather. Dark. Wet. Cold. That enough ?

You will get your hot spells which are becoming more frequent overall.  Can't say the same regarding cold spells.  

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, sundog said:

You will get your hot spells which are becoming more frequent overall.  Can't say the same regarding cold spells.  

Yeah but how many times since 2022 can you say it was warm.  I wont say hot because  it hasn't been hot. 

• Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Not felt chilly since early April, six months ago.

4 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Yeah but how many times since 2022 can you say it was warm.  I wont say hot because  it hasn't been hot. 

The hottest June day ever wasn't hot?

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Yeah but this is the Cold Haters thread. And there is no love for cold. 

Which was ?

Sorry, should have said month. Still don't know how you can claim that wasn't hot when it's on record.

Is this another one of those threads where mathematical mores go out the window, like the averages did?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

I don't think there's any disputing that June was hot. The hottest on record by almost a whole degree.

Whether that is hot enough for people's personal preference is another thing entirely.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎
33 minutes ago, simshady said:

Well if minus ten to minus 13c as it got down to several times last December with eight days of snow cover isn’t properly cold then I’ll go to the top of our stairs and I live in a bungalow 😂

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
5 minutes ago, CharlieBear9 said:

Sorry, should have said month. Still don't know how you can claim that wasn't hot when it's on record.

Is this another one of those threads where mathematical mores go out the window, like the averages did?

Hasn't this discussion been done to death already 🥱, some people use the stats and some people go by their imby perception, first world problem🤔, each to their own and all that!?

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, daveinSB said:

I don't think there's any disputing that June was hot. The hottest on record by almost a whole degree.

Whether that is hot enough for people's personal preference is another thing entirely.

But it was never hot. Didn't make 30c here. Don't get me wrong it was lovely 25c 26c and warm can't dispute that. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Wold Topper said:

Hasn't this discussion been done to death already 🥱, some people use the stats and some people go by their imby perception, first world problem🤔, each to their own and all that!?

Maybe if people stop denying the facts it won't keep getting resurrected.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
41 minutes ago, simshady said:

Not all of us on this forum live in the UK ..Cold here can be brutal 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
47 minutes ago, sundog said:

Indeed. Wonder what it takes to please the heat lovers.  In the times we live in, how they can complain is beyond me.

Heat.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
Just now, cheeky_monkey said:

Not all of us on this forum live in the UK ..Cold here can be brutal 

The only people moaning about non existent cold are from the UK.

It’s a complete oxymoron for people to say it’s always cold in a temperate country where 90% of months recently are above average.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
3 minutes ago, CharlieBear9 said:

Maybe if people stop denying the facts it won't keep getting resurrected.

I personally don't disagree with the 'facts'... its the monotonous back n forth that is tedious, and the reluctance on all parties to agree to disagree.

• Like 1