Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cant log into Extra

TonyH

• 1 month later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

If I log in to extra on mobile, then go to the V8 radar, it asks me to log in again.

I have no idea what's going on, but just a few weeks ago, I could be logged in on desktop and mobile, which was really handy. That just doesn't work anymore.

Posted

The behaviour you're describing sounds like something is deleting the login cookie once you've logged in on your mobile. Are you running anything that may do that?

Also, in terms of the number of ip's you're using - looking at the system on here, you posted or logged in with more than 10 yesterday alone, so that is going to log things out if a similar pattern is repeated on extra. Looks like your router is cycling through ip's rather than giving fixed ones to devices perhaps?

Posted
10 minutes ago, Paul said:

The behaviour you're describing sounds like something is deleting the login cookie once you've logged in on your mobile. Are you running anything that may do that?

Also, in terms of the number of ip's you're using - looking at the system on here, you posted or logged in with more than 10 yesterday alone, so that is going to log things out if a similar pattern is repeated on extra. Looks like your router is cycling through ip's rather than giving fixed ones to devices perhaps?

This is happening on desktop too. I can view charts etc, as soon as I click the V8 link, it asks me to log in. Nothing has changed on my set up, both PC and phone.

As for the IP's yesterday, I was travelling about by car, so the IP will change.

However, I maintain that something has changed, because even when I would go out somewhere and my IP changed over to mobile data, I didn't need to log in.

If you look at my post above yours, that's when it was working well, until about a week ago.

Posted

Absolutely, we have made changes to the login system over the past few weeks, but none which would be likely to cause the issues you're describing at the moment. Particularly as we've not had anyone else with similar issues over the past couple of weeks, since the initial bugs were ironed out. 

Posted

Do you have your browser set to remove cookies at the end of every session, perhaps? Or an internet security program set to delete cookies after sessions?

And in terms of Ip's - you're up to 4 on here already today.

Posted

Nothing that clears cookies..

That doesn't explain why I can log in to extra, but then get asked to login to the radar..

Posted

It does as the radar checks the cookie to see if you're logged in or not, if that cookie doesn't exist, then it pops up the login box. 

What browser are you using?

Posted

Using Edge, Chrome 108

I don't know what else to add. I have cookies for all netweather sites never to be deleted. I haven't changed anything my end, phone and pc are the same as when it was working.

part of which should allow multiple devices in ipv6 or mobile networks

Even when you said in PM that you deleted IP's, it still didn't work. Obviously, both devices have different IPv6 addresses, but as soon as I log in to one, I am logged out of the other, so in my case, it's not allowing multiple devices, like it did before.

Posted

There's very likely to be a local reason for it not working though, unfortunately, as we cannot recreate the issues you're describing and no other users are reporting it either, up to this point at least. 

When you say the security software/addon you're running doesn't delete cookies at least, have you tried without it running at all? 

Also, can you try in an incognito window, to see if the same happens there?

Posted

It's not an addon, it's parts of the browser cookies options, you can set exceptions for selected sites, so that they won't be deleted automatically. It has to be done manually. I've always had set like that.

I've just tried another browser, same thing happens.

I logged in to extra on the PC. Then logged in to extra on mobile. If I refresh the desktop extra page, and then refresh the mobile extra page, it asks me to log in again on mobile, and vice versa.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

I have both www.netweather.tv and [*.]netweather.tv

Logged in to extra via mobile. If I refresh the page, still logged in. If I log in to extra on desktop, then refresh mobile, then refresh desktop, I am logged out.

Posted

It seems as though it won't accept multiple web browsers, rather than IP's.

If I log in to extra Edge on mobile, and then try another mobile browser, I get asked to log in again. The IPv6 addresses are the same.

Posted

Well, I am out of ideas.

Despite "part of which should allow multiple devices in ipv6 or mobile networks"

I am not able to do that anymore.

Posted

As I say though, this is getting confused as the issue you described earlier was different to the one you're describing now. You said originally that when logged into Extra through the main login, when you then visited the V8 page you were asked to login again. Is this still happening?

The multiple device thing is separate to that.