Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion

Posted

Sunny ☀️ day and felt lovely in 5-6c today…. Almost tropical after last few days… walk along the Tarn/Garonne today….
-6c currently brrr 🥶…. 
Home this Tuesday 👌👍

hopefully some interesting weather to greet us back in the first week of February ❄️❄️🤞🤞

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Just been out with the dog for a pre 5am business trip and while she wandered around looking for the final bits of snow to walk on, I gradually got damper in the drizzle.

at least it was mild though but how depressing this time of year is😩

anyway 48 hours from now we’ll hopefully be parking the car up at Manchester and heading a long way south for some welcome winter sun and warmth.

• Like 6

Posted

Had a couple of overcast but dry days, the drizzle and mist set in last night. Yesterday maxed at 6.7 here.  Current temp this am is 5.8°C.  For a few days now there has hardly been any wind, the air has been so still.  I don't recall any named storms through Autumn of any significance, nor any to date, please correct me if I'm wrong.  Noticing though the lighter afternoons, sun not setting till 4.40 'ish, not properly dark till just after 5pm.

@iand61 where in the sunshine are you off to?

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
2 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Had a couple of overcast but dry days, the drizzle and mist set in last night. Yesterday maxed at 6.7 here.  Current temp this am is 5.8°C.  For a few days now there has hardly been any wind, the air has been so still.  I don't recall any named storms through Autumn of any significance, nor any to date, please correct me if I'm wrong.  Noticing though the lighter afternoons, sun not setting till 4.40 'ish, not properly dark till just after 5pm.

@iand61 where in the sunshine are you off to?

Cape Verde.

we should have gone in mid November but had to cancel when my wife’s brother died suddenly so we are trying again.

only a week this time but welcome all the same.

• Like 5

Posted
5 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Cape Verde.

we should have gone in mid November but had to cancel when my wife’s brother died suddenly so we are trying again.

only a week this time but welcome all the same.

Ooh lovely, the volcanic islands.  Colleague of mine went to the island of Sal last year and loved every minute.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

TV weather forecasts have become so embarrassing! Carol this morning describing the weather as 'there's a lot going on' 🤣🤣, what? Bang average conditions without a warning in sight! What a joke!

• Like 8

Posted
1 hour ago, Day 10 said:

TV weather forecasts have become so embarrassing! Carol this morning describing the weather as 'there's a lot going on' 🤣🤣, what? Bang average conditions without a warning in sight! What a joke!

Forecast of rain by lunchtime in the south of the region and what do we get? Bright with partly blue skies! 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: seasonal with a leaning to colder winters

7C heavy drizzle in the marginals......... (sigh)

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Grey morning hour or so of rain then the clearance to blue skies much better feel to the day 

• Like 7

Posted

-6c this morning completely white frozen solid out… snow showers/flurries this evening and overnight… really chilly walk around Montauban getting a few thank you gifts for some peeps who’ve been so helpful whilst over here…

Hope we bring some interesting weather back with us 🤞🤞❄️🥶

• Like 6

Posted

Rotten day in these parts with cloud and drizzle broken only by some heavier bursts now and then and no matter whether it fell into the “mild” category or not, it felt increasingly raw as the day went on.

typical January fare I suppose but horrible all the same.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

A little milder today, reached the dizzy heights of 9.4C. Hardly any wind for much of the day so I got quite warm when going for a brisk walk just before lunchtime. A spell of light rain/drizzle around lunch time and mostly cloudy throughout. All a bit nondescript really.

• Like 4

Posted

A far better day than the last three, we had a burst of rain, but largely dry, and the afternoon saw brighter conditions with some glimpses of sunshine. This evening a cold one on the cards, clear skies now and an air frost likely by dawn.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: seasonal with a leaning to colder winters

now down to 1.3C  skies clear-chance of a surprise frost? 

• Like 6

Posted

Yesterday reached 8.8°C here, drizzle cleared late afternoon and so did the cloud, resulting in clear skies last night and a minima of -1°C.  A nice sharp frosty start this morning current temp 0.2°C.

• Like 5

Posted

After a couple of days without, I didn’t expect a frost on the cars this morning but it looks like the scraper will be needed.

i haven’t kept figures to back it up but I’d be amazed if we haven’t already more frosty mornings this winter than throughout the entire last one and possibly even the one before.

• Like 7

Posted
18 minutes ago, iand61 said:

After a couple of days without, I didn’t expect a frost on the cars this morning but it looks like the scraper will be needed.

i haven’t kept figures to back it up but I’d be amazed if we haven’t already more frosty mornings this winter than throughout the entire last one and possibly even the one before.

Yes, been a demand for de-icer, constantly exceeded sales this season, flies off the shelf as soon as it comes in.

• Like 6

Posted

Didn't quite make it to freezing here overnight, down to a low of 0.6C in the early hours, sufficient for a ground frost at least, but temp has been rising since, currently 3.2C.

Edited by severe snowstorm
  • Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, iand61 said:

Yes, no shortage of frosty mornings this winter, even racking them up during the 'milder' spells as well.

• Like 5