Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Will it be a white Christmas 2022

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

No.

• Like 1

Posted

White Christmases are rare in the southern part of the country, and I don’t think that’s changing this year.

The closest I had to witnessing one in London was 2010, and 2009.

Prior to that was December 2000, 95 and 1981. 2017 produced some snow before Christmas time, before it turned milder. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

100% as with every year 

• Like 1

Posted

Meteorogical term of white Christmas is narrowed down to a flake coming from Finse. White Christmas for me is a cover/dusting/5 inches of snow. Who knows, it's still 17 days away and right now we don't even know if some showers from North Sea will give us a few flurries in 3 hours... 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Depends I guess how long this cold spell could last for. It could break down around Christmas, or even before. But if before, the cold could very well quickly return for Christmas. Mind, cold wouldn’t guarantee that snow could fall on the day itself, although it could always be very frosty depending on cloud cover, etc.

For this area, am probably going to go for a 30 - 40% chance for now. And maybe up to 50% further North (even though that might feel a bit optimistic lol).

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
4 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

And you won’t be excited about it either lol.

this is my house last Xmas Day 

Could contain: Shelter, Outdoors, Neighborhood, Nature, Suburb, Winter, Car, Hut, Housing, Snow

Edited by cheeky_monkey
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

2005 was another close shout with light snow in the south east on the 27th I believe, for some reason or another the Xmas spell (24th - 26th) seems to miss out (certainly in the south)...I'd be surprised if this present cold period lasts through the Xmas period. 

Posted
56 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

2005 was another close shout with light snow in the south east on the 27th I believe, for some reason or another the Xmas spell (24th - 26th) seems to miss out (certainly in the south)...I'd be surprised if this present cold period lasts through the Xmas period. 

2001 also came close. That was a cold sunny December, similar to 2005.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Yes - I was born in the October just before the winter of 62/63.

I’ve never seen snow on Xmas Eve so I reckon it is due now after 60 years ❄️

Please please ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

Posted

Possibly. Anything is possible at this stage. What I woiuld like is to have a dusting  of snow  on the ground and snow falling lightly both Christmas eve and Christmas Day.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, TheOgre said:

Probably not but this is the best chance to have one in years. Depends how long the cold lasts.

Best chance since 2010 I would say!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

2004 is the last one I can remember that had snow actually falling. The weather closed in quick that day, a continuous streamer of snow from the Irish Sea.

Posted

I don't think I have ever experienced a 'technical' white Christmas, i.e. snow falling on the day itself in my 46 years. Perhaps this year will be the one?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Yes, snow will fall so where in the UK on Christmas day . Will it be a white Christmas in Dover, no.

Posted
35 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Yes, snow will fall so where in the UK on Christmas day . Will it be a white Christmas in Dover, no.

Cairngorms?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

I know the Met have their own definition, but to me it's not really a proper white christmas unless there's a decently thick layer of snow lying on the ground. It doesn't exactly look white if there's a little shower where it all melts on impact with the ground.

Posted

Best chance since 2010 (and yes i do count 2009/2010 as Technical White Christmas's) although what's the betting the mild and wet dross we have experienced most years since 2010 arrives on cue! 

Posted
18 hours ago, Don said:

I don't think I have ever experienced a 'technical' white Christmas, i.e. snow falling on the day itself in my 46 years. Perhaps this year will be the one?!

Last official white christmas here was 2010, we had an hour and half of snow late morning gave an inch. Last time we had a good snow cover all day was 2009, about 6 inches but no snow fell. 2004 was an official white christmas as well, about an inch from continuous light snowfall all day.  I think 2001 produced snow showers late on. 2006 snizzle snow very early hours of the day.