Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - New Year and Beyond

Message added by Paul,

Please keep your posts to discussing the model output in this thread, and for more general winter weather chat please use the winter chat, moans and ramps thread.

The model highlights thread is also available for a more concise view of the model discussions. 

Be kind -- Stay on topic -- Share your knowledge -- Be polite -- Be honest -- Be tolerant -- Be family-friendly

Posted
1 minute ago, E17boy said:

Could contain: Publication, Person, Glove, Clothing, Shop, Hat, Advertisement, Text, Face, PosterCould contain: Glove, Person, Man, Adult, Male, Car, Hat, Deer, Bicycle, Advertisement

Some headlines today, no surprise it’s James Madden again but for once he might hit the right bracket 

It would certainly be a first!

• Like 6

Posted
5 minutes ago, Quicksilver1989 said:

A very slight increase in the Scandi High signal on day 7 of the EC 06z ensembles. Here are some of the more interesting members:

Could contain: Graphics, Art, Nature, Outdoors, Plot, Chart, Modern ArtCould contain: Plot, Chart, Sea, Outdoors, Nature, Water, Map, Atlas, Diagram

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Plot, ChartCould contain: Plot, Chart, Sea, Outdoors, Nature, Water, Map, Land, Atlas, Diagram

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Nature, Outdoors, MapCould contain: Plot, Chart, Sea, Outdoors, Nature, Water, Map, Atlas, Diagram

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Nature, OutdoorsCould contain: Plot, Chart, Sea, Outdoors, Nature, Water, Map

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Nature, OutdoorsCould contain: Plot, Chart, Sea, Outdoors, Nature, Water, Map, Atlas, Diagram

25 looks about best in my opinion...the high likely to curve around into a northeastward direction

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snowy Winters, Hot Thundery Summers
4 minutes ago, Lukesluckybunch said:

25 looks about best in my opinion...the high likely to curve around into a northeastward direction

I'd like to go down the path of P44, good cold pool there if an undercut occurs.

Still clutching at straws here but who knows, if we can get a block strong enough to hold off a low from the west it'll stop the cold to our east getting pushed away and lead to something further down the line.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Quicksilver1989 said:

I'd like to go down the path of P44, good cold pool there if an undercut occurs.

Still clutching at straws here but who knows, if we can get a block strong enough to hold off a low from the west it'll stop the cold to our east getting pushed away and lead to something further down the line.

the icon looks well out of sorts compared to this!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
9 minutes ago, fellmike said:

Law of averages say he will be correct one day

The Law of Averages also suggests that most of us will be dead by then?👍

Edited by Ed Stone
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzards, Hoarfrost, Frost and Extremes
53 minutes ago, RhHh said:

It would certainly be a first!

Even a stopped clock tells the correct time twice a day! 🙂

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and dry, or very cold. See my profile for model trivia
1 minute ago, Quicksilver1989 said:

With these updates I think they are just a quick write up based on an operational run in the shorter term and ensemble means for the long term. They will have the longer range MOGREPS to look at. They seem to go for one scenario unless its closer range and there are big implications.

I wouldn't read too much into the longer term text.

There are longer-range MOGREPS😮

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep Deep Snow causing chaos
3 minutes ago, Quicksilver1989 said:

With these updates I think they are just a quick write up based on an operational run in the shorter term and ensemble means for the long term. They will have the longer range MOGREPS to look at. They seem to go for one scenario unless its closer range and there are big implications.

I wouldn't read too much into the longer term text.

They also won't update after each run , they will wait for trends across many models before slightly changing the wording .

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snowy Winters, Hot Thundery Summers
2 minutes ago, RainAllNight said:

There are longer-range MOGREPS😮

Well we can see the MOGREPS up to 10 days on TWO but the output will likely go on much longer, there is data from the EC and UKMO that not all the public will have access to. I didn't work at the Met Office itself though so wouldn't know for sure.

• Insightful 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Battleground Snow said:

Ukmo 120👀.

Low sliding nicely, decent pressure to the north 

UN120-21 (30).gif

Looks to be too much energy being spewed from that lobe to the NW to me ..

Could contain: Accessories, Art, Outdoors, Modern Art, Nature, Graphics, Pattern

Edited by northwestsnow

𝑩𝑬𝑺𝑻 𝑴𝑬𝑺𝑺𝑨𝑮𝑬 𝑭𝑶𝑹 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝒀𝑬𝑨𝑹!!

𝑩𝒐𝒂𝒓𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒏 𝑭𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 ✈️ 2023  has been 𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒅....... 

𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒍𝒖𝒈𝒈𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒔𝒐𝒖𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒓𝒔 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 2022..... 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒂𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒂𝒅𝒎𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒃𝒆 𝒍𝒆𝒇𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒂𝒓𝒃𝒂𝒈𝒆....... 

𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒖𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 12 𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒉𝒔. 𝑺𝒐, 𝒕𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒂𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒕!!

𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒙𝒕 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒑-𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 :𝑯𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒕𝒉, 𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆, 𝑱𝒐𝒚, 𝑯𝒂𝒓𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒚, 𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒍-𝒃𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑷𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒆. 𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒐𝒇𝒇𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒖 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒗𝒆𝒅 𝒅𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕....... 

𝑨 𝑪𝒐𝒄𝒌𝒕𝒂𝒊𝒍 𝒐𝒇 𝑭𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒑 

𝑨 𝑺𝒖𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝑯𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒕𝒉 

𝑨 𝑮𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒏 𝒐𝒇 𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒚 

𝑨 𝑩𝒐𝒘𝒍 𝒐𝒇 𝑬𝒙𝒄𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝑵𝒆𝒘𝒔

𝑨 𝒔𝒂𝒍𝒂𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝑺𝒖𝒄𝒄𝒆𝒔𝒔 

𝑨 𝑪𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝑯𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔 

𝑨𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒄𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒑𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒕𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒍𝒂𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒓...... 

𝑾𝒊𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒚 𝒂𝒏 𝒆𝒏𝒋𝒐𝒚𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒑 𝒐𝒏 𝒃𝒐𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒇𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 2023.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, cold!

GFS has the wedge of heights stronger on this run than the 6z, this has really developed at quite short range today, here T144 v 6z T150:

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Outdoors, Nature, DiskCould contain: Plot, Chart, Outdoors, Nature

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

Posted

Looks like December will end up being officially a cold month. Probs 1.2 below average with mean temp 3.4. Think coldest since 2010! Mild first week of Jan and then lots to play for going further into winter by the looks of the models. I still think the Atlantic will quieten down again as we've seen through the year. Doesn't necessarily mean cold but better chances than normal. Here's hoping!🤞

• Like 2