Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - New Year and Beyond

Message added by Paul,

Please keep your posts to discussing the model output in this thread, and for more general winter weather chat please use the winter chat, moans and ramps thread.

The model highlights thread is also available for a more concise view of the model discussions. 

Be kind -- Stay on topic -- Share your knowledge -- Be polite -- Be honest -- Be tolerant -- Be family-friendly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
16 minutes ago, s4lancia said:

Thought the 18z could’ve given us something a bit better than a toppler to finish off 2022! 🙂 Hey ho, keep an eye on that warming for January, fancy we could get something very interesting in a few weeks.

Happy new Year from Paris (1 hour in to 2023 already) and here’s to a fab new year full of good health, snow, ice days and thunderstorms. 

And, if you’ll excuse me once a year, up the mighty Spurs!! 💪 

Im going tomorrow almost had a spare ticket as my long time friend hadnt messaged me back for 3 days so I had to resort to inviting my gooner friends who actually is now coming 😀.

I see your in Paris how was the warmth there today apparently islt was 17c my friend in rouen said crazy!

Edited by Kentspur
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
Just now, Polar Maritime said:

A great community here 👍

The best forum on the planet😉

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, freezing fog, thunder and lightning

I've signed in as I'm a lurker.  15 years plus.  I love you all and your amazing input. I follow this every minute of every day. (Apart from when asleep) happy new year ... thanks again! 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Eagle Eye said:

And the greatest mods of course. Need to appreciate the job they do 👍.

Likewise,...we don't want to upset @DiagonalRedLine,he will put us in jail with no signal😲😁

• Like 5

Posted

HNY to everyone 

the 18z gefs are building high anoms to our west as week 2 progresses - whether they can gain reasonable traction would be the question. 

and the strat profile through week 2 is changed again on the op. Each run today has been different (within an envelope). I’d be pretty confident that this must be down to trop influences (earlier in the run) which will vary run to run way more than upper strat ones would.  So judging what happens high up is not going to be any easier than down below until that gets resolved on the nwp. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Insightful 1

Posted
1 minute ago, bluearmy said:

HNY to everyone 

the 18z gefs are building high anoms to our west as week 2 progresses - whether they can gain reasonable traction would be the question. 

and the strat profile through week 2 is changed again on the op. Each run today has been different (within an envelope). I’d be pretty confident that this must be down to trop influences (earlier in the run) which will vary run to run way more than upper strat ones would.  So judging what happens high up is not going to be any easier than down below until that gets resolved on the nwp. 

Yep,i got derailed from the NWP's slightly so sorry mods

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Head, Person, Face, BabyCould contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Person, Face, Head

• Like 5

Posted
52 minutes ago, Eagle Eye said:

Not long to go now so enjoy my 2022 weather round up and a bit of me playing cricket (won't do my forecast for now as I'm running out of charge). Happy New Year everyone and here's to a great 2023 hopefully 😀.

Great vid thanks. 

The 40C in July was historic and even though I'm not a heat lover, to experience 40C was the the most epic weather event Ive experienced. Happy New year, here's to -40C and 40inch of snow in  2023 😆 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

I wish everyone a happy and healthy New year.

I think we have a great community on here and I appreciate all the knowledge and friendship that has developed.

I hope the ongoing wave action on the vortex will bring us all a snowy outcome.❄️🍷

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Happy new year and may it be snowy , we can hope 👍

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow
56 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Likewise,...we don't want to upset @DiagonalRedLine,he will put us in jail with no signal😲😁

Well… there’s a lot of off topic posts tonight - though no point throwing anyone in prison from here as there would be too many people to fit in. 😅

Is all fine being that it is the New Year😉 We’ll surely let you all off for the New Year messages, they are very sweet 💖 And does show what a nice site this is. I pray that 2023 dazzles us with delight! Same with the models; delight us with some smashing weather! 🎉 In the case of Winter, for one person, that could be 50cm of snow. For another, an extremely mild, dry, day with temperatures up to 18*C. ☀️

Edited by DiagonalRedLine
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Happy new 1 people 🤘💥💙❤️- and may the oddness of our fascination  continue @ weathers wonders. Onto the 09z 🙄🙄🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤣🤣🤣🤘 I’m ment 00z 😜🤪🤪🤷‍♂️

Edited by tight isobar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and dry, or very cold. See my profile for model trivia

Happy New Year and thank you to Netweather members for helping me get into this new model watching hobby!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
22 minutes ago, Mair Snaw said:

Happy new year from a snawy Scotland.... Lang may yer lum reek..

Could contain: Tin, Can, Trash Can

At least somewhere is actually resembling the time of year!

Happy New Year all!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and dry, or very cold. See my profile for model trivia
15 minutes ago, MP-R said:

At least somewhere is actually resembling the time of year!

Happy New Year all!

Friends and I have just walked back from a party with just t-shirts on - for the second year running 🌡️🥵🤣

Edited by RainAllNight
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
1 minute ago, RainAllNight said:

Friends and I have just walked back from a party with just t-shirts on 🥵🤣

Hope you kept trousers on! Wrong type of model thread… 🥴😅

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Apologies all , I have not read back on the thread 🧵 since around 1pm . I want to wish everyone a Happy new Year . We seem to have a few straws to clutch ( yeah I have been lurking 👀) lets see how it unfolds.

so much fondness of this site now , feels like a nutty family that understands each other and thats without the chasers of the cold 😳 🥶😊. Happy new year and I hope to be posting more frequently in the new year . 

Edit @MATTWOLVES👌

Edited by Mark wheeler